Community: Age of Yahoo

SpaceChampion

I need to rewatch this episode because having a head cold with some Robitussin on top made this episode feel like a dream I had. I remember what happened but I feel like I watched myself watching it rather than actually watching it. If that makes sense. I remember the Gaydean song though, that was great. And Abed and Elroy were a really good pairing, "Did Clive Barker write you?"

ETA: Was it me or did Britta seem Drunk a lot of the episode?

Seems like it's been a lot this season. They might be building up to an uber silly concept episode that is in reality really serious to deal with her drinking problem (like GI Jeff).

Seems like it's been a lot this season. They might be building up to an uber silly concept episode that is in reality really serious to deal with her drinking problem (like GI Jeff).

I was thinking the same thing. I am glad I am not the only one.

• 2 weeks later...

Another good episode. This show is at least at S3 level, and I even say it can beat out certain parts of S2.

A bit on the darker side - especially with the Neal thing at the end - but I liked how a comedy show can show what a tangled web our morality ends up in.

Hopefully there's a season 7, b/c this show is firing on all cylinders now. Will be great if Shirley can come back, and Troy/Pierce make cameos.

Dan Harmon has said that there is a lot that needs to be addressed if there are to be more seasons, most importantly, this is the last season of the actors' contracts. They would have to decide if they want to come back, I don't know if they could handle any more losses in the main cast.

They're playing it on normal TV here in NZ. I didn't think S5 was great, certainly nowhere near the peak of S2, and having just seen the first two eps of S6 I'm really missing Troy, Pierce and Shirley now. Gillian Jacobs is the MVP of S6 so far, especially considering they still don't really know what to do with Britta. Chang has actually been surprisingly great.

Happy to see Keith David aboard too. Hoping the show picks up with his introduction.

Keith David has been one of my favorite parts of this season. Elroy fits the cranky old man niche perfectly, much better than Hickey did.

I don't really miss Shirley at all. Don't get me wrong, I like Yvette and I like the character of Shirley but I feel like Frankie opens up a lot more doors creatively because she's not as unyielding as Shirley can be or as frowny about the groups activities.

Another good episode. This show is at least at S3 level, and I even say it can beat out certain parts of S2.

I agree, this has felt like Community in its prime despite being so different cast-wise.

I do miss Troy, but mostly because Abed feels so adrift. They've tried pairing him with various other cast members but they just don't have that spark that Troy and Abed did - though Abed and Elroy was pretty good. Otherwise, I feel they've done a good job of spreading what would have been Troy's lines around, especially to Chang. There are times when he says something and you just know that if Troy were there he'd be the one speaking that line.

I just hope that when the movie does come to fruition, they can get the whole gang back together. It's unlikely to get another season, as I think Danny Pudi, Alison Brie and Joel McHale all have pilots lined up for next fall, but a movie is a different story.

Decided to watch an episode just now on a whim. Glad I did - usually the first eps are weak for this show but this was a great start and reminded me of the old show. Odd considering the cast changes. It had the self-aware meta jokes that I love the show for and the "butcher and baker" and montage scenes were fun.

If anything, I'd say working on "Rick and Morty" has reinvigorated Dan Harmon but it may just be that YAhoo are very hands off or something.

I'll be getting back into the swing of watching anyhow.

Archived