Newest trailer...GAH

Him, Littlefinger, Jorah, Ramsey, Roose. I think there's quite a bit on the table this season.

If we get to the point where Jon gets The Letter from Ramsey, how do you properly adapt that moment to film?

I don't know, but Jon and the Caesar-ing should be one of the last moments in episode 10. I'd put it in one of the final three scenes.

She can't be there as Alayne Stone because surely some Northerners would recognise her. If she's not playing a version of Farya (which I admit is unlikely) that means that the Lords of the Vale have decided to help liberate the North in her name.

But they seem to be an honour guard at most riding into the WF courtyard. Unless Sansa becomes the Hooded Man. I'm very unsure of her role going forward, but her being at WF isn't some sort of stealth mission, that's for sure.

It also seems like they are building up to the Battle of Ice, based on Roose's voice-over. If they had Hardhome, the Battle of Ice, and the (beginning) of the Battle of Slavers Bay by the end of the season, that would make the ep1 title make so much sense.

She can't be there as Alayne Stone because surely some Northerners would recognise her. If she's not playing a version of Farya (which I admit is unlikely) that means that the Lords of the Vale have decided to help liberate the North in her name.

It's a bit like Melisandre telling Mance to put the Bone Armour back on, people buy into illusions if the trappings are around it

In this case people won't be looking too closely at Alayne if she has dyed hair, dressed down with a Malificent dress with necklace and she walks in with Vale troops and Littlefinger from the Vale. They think of Sansa as lying low but mostly with flowing red hair

Technically Roose should be able to recognise her as he would attend the occasional feast and by rights should have been at Winterfell when they were hosting Robert, but basically it is only Theon for sure, even Jeyne Poole who grew up in Winterfell struggled to remember the Blacksmiths Micken name so the Lords who are only there occasionally and don't necassarily look too closely

In terms of TV simplification just making it a straight out Vale troops vs Freys make the most some sense, but given I suspect Sansa in the books will push the Freys/Lannisters out of the RL with Vale troops and unite them two regions I reckon they are starting with the Freys in Winterfell and work on a downward Frey arc from there

This helps Theon/Reek arc as well, there is no fArya but Theon needs an important mission

The 1:27 scene of Selyse in the snow was the most fascinating to me...

I'm trying to figure out the Chess Pieces on Stannis's board, they don't seem to be in position though as they are all in the Centre? The Tall ones might be forces at the Wall perhaps

As for the Ides of Marsh, more I think about it the more I think they will bring in marsh and not have Thorne do it, I've been watching S1 again and basically despite the fact that Thorne is a jerk he has an air of legitimate prick about him, and in terms of the battle for the wall they had him give the good speech and be a capable leader etc so they won't undermine that by having him play Marsh and stabbing Jon like a traitor

I am expecting this in S6 though

It's a bit like Melisandre telling Mance to put the Bone Armour back on, people buy into illusions if the trappings are around it

In this case people won't be looking too closely at Alayne if she has dyed hair, dressed down with a Malificent dress with necklace and she walks in with Vale troops and Littlefinger from the Vale. They think of Sansa as lying low but mostly with flowing red hair

Technically Roose should be able to recognise her as he would attend the occasional feast and by rights should have been at Winterfell when they were hosting Robert, but basically it is only Theon for sure, even Jeyne Poole who grew up in Winterfell struggled to remember the Blacksmiths Micken name so the Lords who are only there occasionally and don't necassarily look too closely

I don't think LG would risk it. Sansa must have met a lot of Northern Lords before so one of them would recognise her. And Roose is clever enough to be on the lookout.

Yeah.

It surprises me a bit that shes talking about it.

In the last trailer it sounded like she was talking about bringing and end to the slave trade in Essos. Its a bit odd her talking about families fighting to be on top when the history if her family is full of in-fighting, rebellions and backstabbing to sit the throne.

I don't think LG would risk it. Sansa must have met a lot of Northern Lords before so one of them would recognise her. And Roose is clever enough to be on the lookout.

If she's recognizably Sansa Stark, then she's marrying Ramsay. Why would the Boltons have their son marry the younger sister, instead of the heir?

In the last trailer it sounded like she was talking about bringing and end to the slave trade in Essos. Its a bit odd her talking about families fighting to be on top when the history if her family is full of in-fighting, rebellions and backstabbing to sit the throne.

heh. Well, its just her storyline is moving more quickly in the show, and its a bit overwhelming. (its kinda funny how Dany still has no idea just what her family was remembered for. Hueeee. Maybe Tyrion's insight will be a nice slap by the Reality Tuna for her.

If she's recognizably Sansa Stark, then she's marrying Ramsay. Why would the Boltons have their son marry the younger sister, instead of the heir?

I don't disagree. My point is that LG would never bring Alayne Stone to the North unless he wanted her to be found out.

I don't disagree. My point is that LG would never bring Alayne Stone to the North unless he wanted her to be found out.

I agree. If she's there, it's a given that she'll be recognized. A marriage to Ramsay is possible, which cuts out fArya.

About the Sansa possible marrying Ramsay thing, ummm...there is merit to that theory because of "something traumatic" Sophie Turner reported happening to her character, but i dunno. Marrying Sansa to Ramsay seems kind of foolish for Littlefinger to do. Ramsay breaks his toys....

Well, the Boltons are on side with the Crown. Sansa just happens to be wanted by the Crown for Kingslaying.

Well, it's Dany. History and self reflection aren't her strong fortes

nah she is there as Alayne Stone IMO and they are there for the wedding as visiting dignitaries, eg warden of the north plus Lord of the Vale and Warden of the East etc

In this case Sansa could be Wyman Manderly with Vale troops there to offset the Freys instead and she is doing a Barbrey Dustin in the crypts

This may make some sense as Theon/Reek can rescue her instead of Jeyne Poole too

If there are more Northern Lords, which we don't know, LF could be playing the suspicion card. Sort of "Oh, yes, she's my niece" in public while letting the suspicion that the last living Stark (as far as people know) is at Winterfell with an army sink in, in order to sow chaos.

And if Sansa is marrying Ramsay, imagine this dialog

Someone: Hey Ramsay, your wife is Robb Stark's heir

Ramsay: Yes

Someone: Robb Stark was the King in the North. By all rights, she's the Queen in the North, the Lannisters be damned

Ramsay: Uh?

Someone: So when you marry her, you'll become the King in the North... which means your father will be your vassal ;-)

How do you think Roose Bolton would take such a pretension?

BTW, there are slaves rallying to some brunette young woman, any idea who that might be?

This would be true under the assumption anyone would recognize her underneath the dyed hair, new garb, and the fact she's way older than the last time any of them saw her. How often did northern lords who weren't Stark loyalists (Umbers, Manderly's, Cassels, etc) come to Winterfell? If a lord who was loyal to the Starks recognized her now, I doubt they'd come forth about it either. They'd have to know what would happen to Ned Stark's daughter if they did. Theon probably wouldn't come forth for the same reason considering he knows first hand.

Manderly?

He is an awsome Lord who pretends to be a friend of the Boltons but is actually planning to take them down.

He apparently also likes pies with special ingredients! ;)

Btw, know that we know a little more about Sansa's storyline I'm thinking that maybe what Sophie said about an awful scene to shoot might be related to witness some of Ramsay's hobbies! :unsure:

I'm really, really hoping that she is nor fArya!

Archived