Realistically, If The Wall Comes Down, How Does It Happen?

Blazfemur

They don't need the whole thing to come down they only need a breech . How does the wall come down .Its coming down already .

see there is where i was thinking. i think the red comet breaks open a breach

when the wall falls, to the Others. I like it. retaking the wall, and have it remain intact. is that something thats possible in this series though?

Anything is possible at this point. If the wildlings took over castle black, the queens men along with Selyse and Mel leave to go toward Winterfell, and then the Others roll in slaughter the wildlings and take over the wall as a stronghold to prepare to take Westeros (if that is their plan)

Anything is possible at this point. If the wildlings took over castle black, the queens men along with Selyse and Mel leave to go toward Winterfell, and then the Others roll in slaughter the wildlings and take over the wall as a stronghold to prepare to take Westeros (if that is their plan)

and wildlings become wights. wall remains intact. not a bad outcome man

man i just don't see comet but it getting so cold there is an ice quake that happens in real life. one half of the wall moves 10 feet in one direction the other half in the other direction boom hole in the wall.

man i just don't see comet but it getting so cold there is an ice quake that happens in real life. one half of the wall moves 10 feet in one direction the other half in the other direction boom hole in the wall.

what else is that comet there for then? i like to put a label, a name, a definition, to the unspoken riddles. while a stretch, it could happen. is it specified which way the thing was flying? is it at least headed in that direction?

what else is that comet there for then? i like to put a label, a name, a definition, to the unspoken riddles. while a stretch, it could happen. is it specified which way the thing was flying? is it at least headed in that direction?

it's doing what every comet does in everything hang out as a sign of big events doesn't have to hit anything.

So the Horn of Joramun is just a red herring, but the comet is realistic. :p I don't know if I believe the Horn is a thing that will come into play, but I think I would like it to, or at least know it exists.

The comet is already fading, meaning it's moving away again. It's purpose was to herald dire events. Notice how just about everyone commented on it and thought 'hey, this is a powerful sign that means I AM AWESOME!'

Science teachers all over the world are crying at the comet idea. A comet hitting the earth is the kind of thing that causes explosions equivalent to hundreds of nuclear bombs going off, likely with consequent mass extinction events (think dinosaurs dying out). If a comet hit the wall, there wouldn't be anything left to read except for the Others celebrating over the corpses of everyone in Westeros. No, ASOIAF isn't perfectly realistic, but this is just stupid.

"I hate this Wall" [Ygritte] said in a low angry voice. "Can you feel how cold it is?"

"It's made of ice," Jon pointed out.

"You know nothing, Jon Snow. This wall is made o' blood"

Thus Ygritte, and so to Jennet Clouston:

"Blood built it, blood stopped the building of it, and blood will bring it down. Black will be its fall."

As to how? I rather like the idea of it swirling away in a cloud of ice crystals as Ser Puddle did in the show.

snip

Really though, I think the Wall won't fall in a conventional way. I think it fell when Bowen & his cronies knifed Jon, the cold Jon felt being the arrival of the Others at the Wall

ive always read this as Jon's death, never even considered the cold hes feeling being the presence of the others, and i hope its not, if it is, the situation couldnt be worse.

if this is the case we have an angry giant, hundreds of bloodthirsty wildlings, the men of the watch who are likely divided against each other now after Bowen and company's blunder with no one present capable of rallying them against the real threat.

the more i think about it the more i think this is the perfect time for the others to put an end to the nights watch for good

gods i hope youre wrong.

We've been told from the start that the wall's strength derives from the watch remaining true.The murder of mormont,the betrayal of Jon plus. Many recruits don't seem to swear their oaths before a heart tree me shows the watch isnt" true"

Rereading Jon's last two chapters I feel as if an Other invasion is imminent,and as someone upthread pointed out it seems the timing is perfect.

To cut a long story short (too late) the wall has already" fell" as the nightswatch is no longer true.

Archived