Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets, 3

Because her eloping with a married man with children on the grounds that her betrothed wouldn't be faithful without telling anyone (unless you buy the theory it was Benjen) simultaneously upsetting 3 of the great lords of the seven kingdoms so that her hot headed older brother, equally hot heaed betrothed and mad (possibly) good-father could all speak rationally and be nice to one another was such a thoughtful thing for her to do.

Those are all assumptions and painted in a bad light anyway. There is much more that we don't know about Lyanna and Rhaegar than we do know.

Those are all assumptions and painted in a bad light anyway. There is much more that we don't know about Lyanna and Rhaegar than we do know.

I mean, even if she did run away with Rhaegar willingly etc etc, she was, what, fifteen. And Rhaegar was both a decade older and the crown prince-her "choice" was limited at best.

Also,anyone else skeeved out by Rhaegar hitting on fourteen year old Lyanna at tToH? Because dude.

I was reading the foreshadowing threads earlier, and a lot of the stuff seemed legit, but then there were other things, small comments and such which just exploded into these huge conspiracies (okay not really, but you get the point) and I think that the more convoluted something is, either it's less likely or most of it just BS and reading too much into things.

Sometimes people write things that just sound cool ;)

I agree. There are a lot of misses.

Really? I only watched the first one and I thought she was kind of bad

Well it was very early in the morning when I was watching it but I did recall that from the second episode she was a lot more expressive, especially in the scene with Drogon that was in the trailer. I think Emilia mainly just sucks at giving speeches or monologues .

Melisandre on the other hand makes me cringe so much. :ack:

Well it was very early in the morning when I was watching it but I did recall that from the second episode she was a lot more expressive, especially in the scene with Drogon that was in the trailer.

That scene with Drogon already appears in episode 2? I really missed that, but now I'm even more excited about it (I'm from Germany, so I'll only be able to watch the first two episodes tomorrow), just because this scene from the trailer seemed to be awesome.

That scene with Drogon already appears in episode 2? I really missed that, but now I'm even more excited about it (I'm from Germany, so I'll only be able to watch the first two episodes tomorrow), just because this scene from the trailer seemed to be awesome.

I meant episode 3! Sorry was watching them all the way till 5 in the morning so kind of fuzzy with memory. :closedeyes:

Well it was very early in the morning when I was watching it but I did recall that from the second episode she was a lot more expressive, especially in the scene with Drogon that was in the trailer. I think Emilia mainly just sucks at giving speeches or monologues .

Melisandre on the other hand makes me cringe so much. :ack:

I think Mel (Carice) is good. The only who continually makes me cringe is Littlefinger. I swear, that voice has a life of its own and refuses to be tamed

I mean, even if she did run away with Rhaegar willingly etc etc, she was, what, fifteen. And Rhaegar was both a decade older and the crown prince-her "choice" was limited at best.

Also,anyone else skeeved out by Rhaegar hitting on fourteen year old Lyanna at tToH? Because dude.

Don't get me wrong, Rhaegar has far more of the blame than Lyanna, but Lyanna was still older than 5/8 of the original POVs, and more than old enough to recognise that it wouldn't end well and should have seen that the exact criticism she has of Robert is valid for Rhaegar tenfold due to their relationship, if she went willingly then it doesn't reflect well upon her character.

As for Rhaegar "hitting on her" it doesn't bother me too much, still creepy by modern standards, but at least she has had a few years of puberty at that point, so I can accept it is just different cultural views on sex and maturity. That I cannot say to the sexual attention paid to 12-13 year old Sansa and 13 Y.O. Dany by many characters in the series.

I always find the claim that said individual isn't a monster or evil because they have motivations for their evil acts more then just doing it for lolz to be amusing.

Please, it's entirely Lyanna's fault. She used her demonic feminine wiles to seduce and lead astray the poor, vulnerable, Crown Prince who had no defence against her wicked charms. How was gentle Rhaegar supposed to resist such devilish temptation?

Don't get me wrong, Rhaegar has far more of the blame than Lyanna, but Lyanna was still older than 5/8 of the original POVs, and more than old enough to recognise that it wouldn't end well and should have seen that the exact criticism she has of Robert is valid for Rhaegar tenfold due to their relationship, if she went willingly then it doesn't reflect well upon her character.

It's useful that most fourteen years olds tend to be great at this sort of long term thinking/planning, and able to put such passionless thought into critical analysis of the people they like/are expected to marry. :lol:

As for Rhaegar "hitting on her" it doesn't bother me too much, still creepy by modern standards, but at least she has had a few years of puberty at that point, so I can accept it is just different cultural views on sex and maturity. That I cannot say to the sexual attention paid to 12-13 year old Sansa and 13 Y.O. Dany by many characters in the series.

It does feel pretty creepy when you think about it, to be honest, even if it isn't presented that way in the book. Even if we were to accept that it's no so creepy by Westerosi standards, it's still pretty inappropriate when you consider that he's the Crown Prince and has a great deal of power and responsibility in this situation -especially since Lyanna's family (and Robert's) owe Rhaegar fealty via Aerys.

She's "sassy" and pig-headed. Her interactions with Podrick were cringe inducing, and the ridiculousness that was "I'm not a lady!" At the purple wedding, and her being around Sansa but never speaking to her, antagonising the Hound. Gah!

But yes, there are worse characterisations, I can agree there

ETA: what happened to JonCons face JCRB?

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree there. I enjoy show!Brienne immensely.

I still want to give Aerys credit for creative legal thinking in naming fire as his champion.

HUE. Arr.

:leaving:

Yeah kinda felt like that too.

I think its hella gross what ive been reading in that latest thread about Lyanna. :ack: About Rhaegar hitting on her, im not that skeeved by the age difference. More that hes already got a wife and junk. Its like "Rhae, keep the gun in your codpiece, brah. Srsly. Do you even know the jimmies that will be rustled if you point the Rhae-gun at Lyanna?"

I will not give in to the leaks. I will not. However, the things i am hearing about that make me really freaking sad.

Some opinions and what I think will happen.

- Seven kingdoms, Seven kings and queens!

-Bolton's heads will be on spikes at the end of book 6

- Davos will bring Rickon and some awesome Skagos army to help Stannis against Boltons

- Children of forest will play a major role.

-Daenerys needs to understand that she can only bring death and terror to seven kingdoms, never be truly loved by many.

-But here Dragons could eat the red witch...

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree there. I enjoy show!Brienne immensely.

HUE. Arr.

Yeah kinda felt like that too.

I think its hella gross what ive been reading in that latest thread about Lyanna. :ack: About Rhaegar hitting on her, im not that skeeved by the age difference. More that hes already got a wife and junk. Its like "Rhae, keep the gun in your codpiece, brah. Srsly. Do you even know the jimmies that will be rustled if you point the Rhae-gun at Lyanna?"

I will not give in to the leaks. I will not. However, the things i am hearing about that make me really freaking sad.

It's not age difference, though is is. It's FOURTEEN and Twenty-Six.

I mean, if it was say 22 and 34 it'd be a big deal-it's more that she's a kid and he's a goddamned adult. FFS Rhaegar, you're not in HS anymore- lose the emo look and stop hanging around teenagers.

Also, I'll knot that Robb marrying Jeyne W. was caused by:

• Youthful ardour

Gratitude

His honour

Ned's honout

Cat's shrewish ways

Theon's betrayal

But Lyanna-who was not just the age but in much safer times and marrying up if anything is the sole cause of RR.

It's not age difference, though is is. It's FOURTEEN and Twenty-Six.

I mean, if it was say 22 and 34 it'd be a big deal-it's more that she's a kid and he's a goddamned adult. FFS Rhaegar, you're not in HS anymore- lose the emo look and stop hanging around teenagers.

Also, I'll knot that Robb marrying Jeyne W. was caused by:

• Youthful ardour

Gratitude

His honour

Ned's honout

Cat's shrewish ways

Theon's betrayal

But Lyanna-who was not just the age but in much safer times and marrying up if anything is the sole cause of RR.

Well i think its pretty goddamn safe to say that Lyanna/Rhae-man is just really messed up either way you look at it. What is even the age of consent in Westeros. Is there even one?

I'm just picturing this speech being given to Rhaegar. :lol:

What makes it worse is that it's literally Rhaegar's job to say no to things like this which would cause instability and potential conflict.

I haven't, and don't intend to, watch the leaks, but the amount I've heard about Dany (and only Dany,) does not fill me with optimism. Emelia Clarke makes it harder for me to like Dany. :lol:

Well i think its pretty goddamn safe to say that Lyanna/Rhae-man is just really messed up either way you look at it. What is even the age of consent in Westeros. Is there even one?

Sixteen is the age of adulthood. Girls married before then don't tend to consumate/have sex until they're older because maesters recognise it's not healthy for them

I'm just picturing this speech being given to Rhaegar. :lol:

What makes it worse is that it's literally Rhaegar's job to say no to things like this which would cause instability and potential conflict.

I haven't, and don't intend to, watch the leaks, but the amount I've heard about Dany (and only Dany,) does not fill me with optimism. Emelia Clarke makes it harder for me to like Dany. :lol:

I feel like Dany's arc is gonna be one of the things i might take some comfort in. That and Arya. From the sordid tales im hearing for people who watched the leaks, i think i may lose a lot of love for the show. And i never thought id be one of those people. :crying: Legit sad face.

Sixteen is the age of adulthood. Girls married before then don't tend to consumate/have sex until they're older because maesters recognise it's not healthy for them

I see. It has been a while since i really dove into the world. Confession time: I have WoIaF, but i have not really sat down and read it yet.

Archived