Characters whose TV versions are superior to the book versions

Aemon's counsel

Tywin was the one who first came into my mind, but after thinking about it, he may have been just perfectly cast. I am not sure if he is actually in any way different from book Tywin, aside from the fact that he isn't bold.

I can't believe people enjoy cerise in the show. Show cerise to me is a complete abomination to the book version. I'm not saying the actress is a bad actress. She is just wrong for the part completely and the character is written so poorly

I was on my Ipad when i typed that it auto corrected. Obv i meant Cersei

I absolutely adore LenaCersei...as a woman, book Cersei was simply mindboggling idiotic. Show Cersei is far more relatable, much like show Catelyn. I get the rage, the fury and all that. I couldn't get into book Cersei the same way.

Bronn. Hands down way better in the show.

On the flip-side, the biggest disappointment is Brynden Rivers. They made him look like some decrepit Kung Fu grand master or something.

Couldn't agree more. How damn hard is it to have the guy wearing an eye-patch or have an empty socket? The beard made him look way too Saruman/Gandalf-y and not decrepit enough. Had a chance to do something truly memorable and whiffed.

I was on my Ipad when i typed that it auto corrected. Obv i meant Cersei

Well, Cersei is a completely different character in the show, so I don't even treat her as an improvement or other way around. She is just different. That said, I do find her in the show a bit boring. I hate the book Cersei and she makes me laugh. In the show she is just there. I don't even hate her anymore in it, like I did before. :dunno: And she also confused me a lot about her motivations in S4.

Archived