[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

teemo

The problem of time and distance could have been solved fairly easily on the show, instead they have made it worse than the books with LF doing amazing time traveling stunts.

Not just him, either. Maybe space alien Margaery has Scotty beam them around from place to place.

I'm in for Larry the Plotslayer.

My guess is Ann Boelyn is supposed to be in her early 20s? Which it's possible she could have pulled off if they hadn't tarted her up like she belongs in LF brothel and made her a villanous schemer, if she played the role with a little more innocence it might have been less jarring. But,then a less innocent version probably wouldn't have proposed that 3-way with Renly.

My guess is Ann Boelyn is supposed to be in her early 20s? Which it's possible she could have pulled off if they hadn't tarted her up like she belongs in LF brothel and made her a villanous schemer, if she played the role with a little more innocence it might have been less jarring. But,then a less innocent version probably wouldn't have proposed that 3-way with Renly.

Here's Margaery's inspiration:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_2wS8BWwAAL2zw.jpg

Here's Margaery's inspiration:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_2wS8BWwAAL2zw.jpg

LOL. How many quatloos for a better Marg?

But, seriously. This is a subtle example of how the show doubles down on it's own changes and then ends up off the rails. Initially, a more fully fleshed out Marg is good. We could see that Marg was a player and she understood a lot more about politics and manipulation than either Sansa or Cersei. So, Show Marg is sort of a sexed up embodiment of that, we even initially got a couple scenes where we see she might have been in danger if her Joff Trap hadn't worked. Her stuff w/Sansa was pretty good, though i always thought they made her too "worldly' [ahem].

As time has gone on though this personna has morphed into Cougar Marg who is every bit as much of a scheming bitch as Cersei, and might even be more of schemer than poor Carol Lannister. And this is not good. This is the show losing it's way and jumping overboard.

Le Cygne, you got it wrong... Batfinger has spliced himself with Kryptonian DNA provided by Marxys to travel at such speech. Before it was only the Riverlands, Stormlands and Crownlands at lighting speed but now? Batfinger outdoes himself again, going from deep into the Vale and then deep into the North and then deep into the Crownlands at speed faster than light itself! Nothing can stop Batfinger! If the escape velocity of a black hole is the speed of light then the only thing in the Universe to escape it is Batfinger. He's THAT awesome!

Hey guys.... what do we call D&D’s version on Westeros?

The best I can come up with is Wes-turd-ros but that sounds a little too... like something they would come up with....

Julia, I think we should call it Besteros, because we all know D&D think they can write a better story than GRRM :P

EDIT: Actually the gramatically right version would be "Betteros" but "Besteros" sounds more like Westeros,so there you have it.

Didn't it take Robert a month to go from KL to Winterfell? I suppose you could presume that one guy on a fast horse could cut that.

But, really, unrealistic travel time isn't even something I would care about if it wasn't part of the whole scheme of crackpot plots that have no internal consistency from episode to episode.

Didn't it take Robert a month to go from KL to Winterfell? I suppose you could presume that one guy on a fast horse could cut that.

But, really, unrealistic travel time isn't even something I would care about if it wasn't part of the whole scheme of crackpot plots that have no internal consistency from episode to episode.

The teleporting would be forgiven if it had a good reason but the scenes with Kathleen, Ann and Tyloss were utter trite.

I believe in the first season using the book words, close to 6 months from KL to Winterfell, or thar abouts? How quickly forgotten in scale upon season 2. Understandably the King would be stopping here and sometimes there

This may be a question you may not appreciate (and information you may not wish to part with but I cannot view your profile as of now so I have no clue if this is a secret for you or not) but are you male or female? I keep rereading your username and I can't determine which gender it's meant to be.

I believe in the first season used the book words, close to 6 months from KL to Winterfell or thar aboots? How quickly forgotten in scale upon season 2. Understandably the King would be stopping here and there

And doesn't a year pass when Robert/Ned leave Winterfell? I recall Catelyn saying something like it's close to a year since she's seen on of her children. I can't remember if this refers to Arya/Sansa or Bran/Rickon/Robb (this was before she met up with him at Moat Cailin).

Julia, I think we should call it Besteros, because we all know D&D think they can write a better story than GRRM :P

EDIT: Actually the gramatically right version would be "Betteros" but "Besteros" sounds more like Westeros,so there you have it.

I'm absolutely in for Besteros. I will start using it to see if we can spread it!

The teleporting would be forgiven if it had a good reason but the scenes with Kathleen, Ann and Tyloss were utter trite.

Kathleen is Catelyn right? That's very good :lol: Kathleen has some special feature that doesn't allow her to come back to life through R'hllor magic. She also cannot have any screentime. Or good scenes for that matter

I'm absolutely in for Besteros. I will start using it to see if we can spread it!

Kathleen is Catelyn right? That's very good :lol: Kathleen has some special feature that doesn't allow her to come back to life through R'hllor magic. She also cannot have any screentime. Or good scenes for that matter

She was practicing being a Silent Sister throughout Season 3. Shae-the-noble-whore-but-not-really was a priority. Her POV chapters were probably the best part of ASOS.

Archived