[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

teemo

She was practicing being a Silent Sister throughout Season 3. Shae-the-noble-whore-but-not-really was a priority. Her POV chapters were probably the best part of ASOS.

Oh yeah! So maybe we will see her back under an evil alas working for the faith, like Lancel. She will be UnKathleen, Lady Stonehard, destroying wine barrells and arresting gay people 'cause religioun evul. And then she will be there on Carol's walk of shame.

Oh yeah! So maybe we will see her back under an evil alas working for the faith, like Lancel. She will be UnKathleen, Lady Stonehard, destroying wine barrells and arresting gay people 'cause religioun evul. And then she will be there on Carol's walk of shame.

Naw, we need more of evil!Lancel vs. The Gay One, because this point that's all he's know for and all they do with his character.

She was practicing being a Silent Sister throughout Season 3. Shae-the-noble-whore-but-not-really was a priority. Her POV chapters were probably the best part of ASOS.

That was when the show lost me. Shae having more lines than Cat. Season 3. I lost confidence then that D&D's idea of 'faithful' and 'adaptation' or even 'quality' was the same as mine and realized they're all about spectacle and don't really give a s** about character. The only reason GOT has "complex" characters is as a relic of the source material and the longer those characters are in the lands of the double D's the less complex they have become, and less intelligent, if I havent' already mentioned that 100 times.

About the twist he's mentioned, he said he isn't sure yet whether he'll do it or not. But I read somewhere that it involves '3 or 4 other characters', possibly characters that are around whoever it is he means. I'm very curious about this, because for it to be something the show won't be able to do... Someone they have killed or will kill now in the show?

I kinda support this crackpot theory I made up which I haven't seen circulate anywhere, that The King Beyond the Wall,Mance ,will end up on the Iron Throne.

It's probably BS, I have no evidence to support it but after watching Ep.1 and reading what Martin said, this theory just popped up.

I agree. I have had enough exposure to Martin to believe he will always be quite diplomatic about it. But I do believe he's already disappointed and will be more so. Just off the top of my head, my reasons for starting to believe this are: the release of Mercy just before the show incorporated some of it into Arya's story, the release of Alayne I just before the show indicated that Sansa's story was going to be completely changed from the books, the fact that Martin is no longer writing for the show at all, and the fact that Martin has recently mentioned he's doing something with a character in the books that the show can't because the show already made it impossible.

:agree:

In a related topic, somebody ranted some pages ago about D&D apologists being time-travelers magical beings who've read the whole ASOIAF series. They always go "this character was cut because he's obviously not important or will die soon",

Some of them are smug aren't they?You gotta love the attitude some people have against the book readers and the books themselves.If you go on any discussion section,comment section you will see legions of people defending the show, going as far as writing stuff like "The book readers are douchebags, I hope the show spoils it for them!" and just go around insulting the readers as if being a fan of the ASOIAF book series who dares to critisize the show some kind of grievous offence.

Is Mago the Dothraki they killed off in series one? Also, I'm not sure if I've read this somewhere or if I'm just making it up in my head, but didn't Martin say something about it being a PoV character?

I have no idea why, but I keep thinking Jaime or Theon. Maybe because those characters have been so horribly handled in the show, but then again, there are so many others that have had the same fate...

I don't think it will be that easy for D&D to get themselves out of a corner if Martin decides to go that way.

If it's Mago, who they killed off, then they could introduce another new Dothraki to take his place.

If Martin goes goes down that road, it will be something extremely hard for D&D to solve just by changing up a few things.

EDIT:typo

That was when the show lost me. Shae having more lines than Cat. Season 3. I lost confidence then that D&D's idea of 'faithful' and 'adaptation' or even 'quality' was the same as mine and realized they're all about spectacle and don't really give a s** about character. The only reason GOT has "complex" characters is as a relic of the source material and the longer those characters are in the lands of the double D's the less complex they have become, and less intelligent, if I havent' already mentioned that 100 times.

B-b-but! D&D were really trying to convey in an ingenius way how the more quiet and dead inside Catelyn became so did Robb's cause! Idiot, they were using incredible symbolism to convey themes that went right over your head! Y-y-you didn't geeeet iiiiitttttt!!!!

B-b-but! D&D were really trying to convey in an ingenius way how the more quiet and dead inside Catelyn became so did Robb's cause! Idiot, they were using incredible symbolism to convey themes that went right over your head! Y-y-you didn't geeeet iiiiitttttt!!!!

Ha. My anti Meereen book ranting can't hold a candle to the white hot hatred I had of the Northern story in season 3. What happened to the great jon? Oh, we had a fight with him, he's gone. Where is Robb's army? Lost. "Talisa". Nuff said. Ima break my vow for luv and lolz? Why oh why? Blackfish slapping his liege lord around. Why? 5 people rattling around Riverrun. Idiots. "Talisa" is pregnant. Nuff said. Cat can't talk, and I can't see her either, she might be there in the back of the room. Fucking assholes. Where are the Northern lords? Gone fishin. Assholes. What kind of BS death is that for a direwolf? Assholes. Assholes.

<snip>

I don't think it will be that easy for D&D to get themselves out of a corner if Martin decides to go that way.

If it's Mago, who they killed off, then they could introduce another new Dothraki to take his place.

If Martin goes goes down that road, it will be something extremely hard for D&D to solve just by changing up a few things.

Yeah, I agree. And that's why I think it's either a PoV character, or at least a major character.

If it's something to do with whatever D&D did in series 5, I'm really leaning towards it being Jaime, Theon, or Sansa. Of course, it can also be something they'll do to another character further into series 5.

Themes? D&D laugh in the face of themes, muahahaha!

That's right plus she's stupid she hates Juhn Snoa and arrested Tyrone how dares she! She's not strong and independent like Carol, and her coming back as LSH wouldn't work because this show is super realistic like there's nothing magical about it

Yeah, I agree. And that's why I think it's either a PoV character, or at least a major character.

If it's something to do with whatever D&D did in series 5, I'm really leaning towards it being Jaime, Theon, or Sansa. Of course, it can also be something they'll do to another character further into series 5.

I really think it is about Catelyn, Brienne and Jaime. Like Jaime end up killing Brienne. or Catelyn orders both killed (Jaime will probably not die at this point, well, some of us think he is the valonqar... but who knows). I think GRRM might raise Lady Stoneheart's role, since this is a road D&D really cannot go back. Or the same thing, but to Barristan or Mance Rayder. I really don't think it is something as minor as Mago or Pyat Pree.

EDIT: I have not watched the leaked material, I'm talking about Barristan as a dead character because of common theories regarding his fate due to trailers and stuff. But I do not know if something happens to him. As for Lady Stoneheart, I think we are all considering she is cut, right? Cuz realism and Riverlands don't exist anymore anyway.

Ser Pounce doesn't exist because of the same reason Myrcella is older. They are so desperate for sexualising things that they aged two kids to age of consent to make Marg. a sexual manipulator and Trystane's motivation being love. They seem to believe that because Tommen is older, he's not into kittens and that's a childish thing. It's like they never got into internet before.

Rave and Rant thread 132 pages, Positive Nitpicking 5 pages.

It really seems the issues with the show are becoming more prolific this year.

To be fair, we go off topic a lot here. I'd say 100 of those pages are actual and real discussion about the show and its problems.

Still, 100 against 5.

I really think it is about Catelyn, Brienne and Jaime. Like Jaime end up killing Brienne. or Catelyn orders both killed (Jaime will probably not die at this point, well, some of us think he is the valonqar... but who knows). I think GRRM might raise Lady Stoneheart's role, since this is a road D&D really cannot go back. Or the same thing, but to Barristan or Mance Rayder. I really don't think it is something as minor as Mago or Pyat Pree.

I would love that, since I love Stoneheart, but technically, they could always throw her in since she's been raised from the dead, so it seems like it has to be someone the show has killed who isn't dead in the books. I doubt it's Jojen, since even his book self knows he's doomed. I somewhat doubt any of the Dothraki would be raised to a level of being a major plot twist. So, I can't remember who else they've killed or it could also be maybe someone who isn't in the show like WYMAN FUCKING MANDERLY. It could be Mance or the somebody else they kill this season in Meeren or somebody else they kill later that we don't know about but martin does.

I would love that, since I love Stoneheart, but technically, they could always throw her in since she's been raised from the dead, so it seems like it has to be someone the show has killed who isn't dead in the books. I doubt it's Jojen, since even his book self knows he's doomed. I somewhat doubt any of the Dothraki would be raised to a level of being a major plot twist. So, I can't remember who else they've killed or it could also be maybe someone who isn't in the show like WYMAN FUCKING MANDERLY. It could be Mance or the somebody else they kill this season in Meeren or somebody else they kill later that we don't know about but martin does.

Manderly makes a lot of sense. Martin has already said in an interview I think that he really likes this character (well, he obviously does by the books anyway), and he plays a pretty important road. But I can't see him doing anything that a minor character in the show can't. Of course, if Martin makes this change on the second half of Winds, then we all have no idea where the plot will be by then. Every book changes just so much for most characters.

Archived