[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

teemo

PS: Sorry for overcrowding the thread. New toy. Us nihilists can be like babies.

No need to apologize. As you can see, those of us who have been here for some time haven't held back, what with almost 140 pages now of ranting and raving.

PS. Yes, I did like Satin, because it shows that Jon's compassion and ability to see beyond the baseline stereotypes of his society has expanded pretty far. Taking a fat lordling under your wing is one thing, taking someone like Satin under your protection is a very different thing. It would have been MUCH better for the show to use Satin than either Olyvar the sleezy boy hooker or the stupid ass boy wildling soon to be Brutus

<snip>

People actually think that, really? John was sorta like the only one who showed him any degree of kindness and even, like, made him steward to the LC and shit. Sam, on the other hand, I never really trusted him...

Yeah, some do. Not only Jon's been kind to him, but more importantly Jon recognises how capable Satin is; he's intelligent, he can read and right ('after a fashion', but still so much more than most on the NW), he's not bad in a fight. While everyone else is worried that he's a 'boy whore' and not fit to be the LC's steward.

But it would be 'such an amazing twist' if Satin betrayed Jon!

Which is probably why D&D will have Olly take part in it. See, it fits perfectly - D&D = Dumb & Dumber :ack:

PS: Sorry for overcrowding the thread. New toy. Us nihilists can be like babies.

:rofl:

Ha. My anti Meereen book ranting can't hold a candle to the white hot hatred I had of the Northern story in season 3. What happened to the great jon? Oh, we had a fight with him, he's gone. Where is Robb's army? Lost. "Talisa". Nuff said. Ima break my vow for luv and lolz? Why oh why? Blackfish slapping his liege lord around. Why? 5 people rattling around Riverrun. Idiots. "Talisa" is pregnant. Nuff said. Cat can't talk, and I can't see her either, she might be there in the back of the room. Fucking assholes. Where are the Northern lords? Gone fishin. Assholes. What kind of BS death is that for a direwolf? Assholes. Assholes.

Actually, untill I read this I even didnt' thought about it. But indeed why did they not let someone free Grey Wind and let him fight those stupid Freys. I miss a show!Raynald Westerling.

I think one of the greatest problems of D&D is they love the twists and turns of the books more than anythese. How more shocking things are the better: the red wedding, ... And they want to shock the viewers even more than the way the readers were shocked.

O poor Robb, Cat and some lords (who are not mentioned in the books) died. This isn't shocking enough. Lets also kill Robb''s wife.

Another writer: Do you know what is even better? Let his wife be pregnant and let her be stabbed in her belly.

And the same is happening again with the storyline in the North. Are there actually some Northern Lords? Some intrigue between them? Or is it only the wedding of Ramsay and one of the Starks? If that is actually the only things happening in WF they are again choosing only the thing of the storyline what is the most shocking/disgusting. And to make it emotionally worse they even use someone of the main characters so you are more emotionally invested (while it would always be one of the most disgusting things happening in the book IMO)

Le Cygne, you got it wrong... Batfinger has spliced himself with Kryptonian DNA provided by Marxys to travel at such speech. Before it was only the Riverlands, Stormlands and Crownlands at lighting speed but now? Batfinger outdoes himself again, going from deep into the Vale and then deep into the North and then deep into the Crownlands at speed faster than light itself! Nothing can stop Batfinger! If the escape velocity of a black hole is the speed of light then the only thing in the Universe to escape it is Batfinger. He's THAT awesome!

Is it a man? Is it a pimp from the Vale? Is it a totally inconsistent and incongruous character? No, it's Batfinger!!!

Actually, untill I read this I even didnt' thought about it. But indeed why did they not let someone free Grey Wind and let him fight those stupid Freys. I miss a show!Raynald Westerling.

I think one of the greatest problems of D&D is they love the twists and turns of the books more than anythese. How more shocking things are the better: the red wedding, ... And they want to shock the viewers even more than the way the readers were shocked.

O poor Robb, Cat and some lords (who are not mentioned in the books) died. This isn't shocking enough. Lets also kill Robb''s wife.

Another writer: Do you know what is even better? Let his wife be pregnant and let her be stabbed in her belly.

And the same is happening again with the storyline in the North. Are there actually some Northern Lords? Some intrigue between them? Or is it only the wedding of Ramsay and one of the Starks? If that is actually the only things happening in WF they are again choosing only the thing of the storyline what is the most shocking/disgusting. And to make it emotionally worse they even use someone of the main characters so you are more emotionally invested (while it would always be one of the most disgusting things happening in the book IMO)

Have you ever wondered why would a Frey soldier start the slaughter with the Queen, stabing her in the belly? Nobody knew she was pregnant back then. Yet everything starts with baby Ned dying. I was bothered by this, as I think the first targets would be people who could fight back. Besides, everybody had their throats cut, but no, Queen Talisa gets in the belly, for no reason but to "OH MY GOD SO UNPREDICTABLE GOOD GUYS DIE TYWIN IS A GENIUS" the TV watchers.

Yeah, some do. Not only Jon's been kind to him, but more importantly Jon recognises how capable Satin is; he's intelligent, he can read and right ('after a fashion', but still so much more than most on the NW), he's not bad in a fight. While everyone else is worried that he's a 'boy whore' and not fit to be the LC's steward.

But it would be 'such an amazing twist' if Satin betrayed Jon!

Which is probably why D&D will have Olly take part in it. See, it fits perfectly - D&D = Dumb & Dumber :ack:

:rofl:

Why it bothers me about Satin is that they didn't cast him at all. But Ollyvar is there to play the EVIL GAY WHORE. Some people in the Watch definitely believe Jon sees Satin in a "different way" and it looks like D&D don't want their audience to have those ambiguous feelings about Jon :dunno:

Because, it's impossible for them to have a gay man without having the compulsive need to go and bang someone. Like, Satin would be all over Jon all the time, because he has no other interests than being gay.

Instead, we have a kid, despite Satin is in fact older than Jon :dunno:

Also, Illyrio the Imaginary is clearly an ingenius way of D&D (GRRM isn't even worthy to lick the shit from their shoes, of course whenever actual shit does touches them it turns some otherworldly, beautiful mentl alloy that makes gold look like frozen blood piss from a dehydrated tramp) of foreshadowing Marxys as a Blackfyre, as they too have the same madness as the Targaryens as they are of the same blood... and whom else also knew and acknowledged Illyrio the Imaginary? Karlishee and Son of Mine! The connection is there you uneducated miscreants. Honestly, serfs are smarter than you fucks. Heil D&D! Heil! Heil! HEIL!

Have you ever wondered why would a Frey soldier start the slaughter with the Queen, stabing her in the belly? Nobody knew she was pregnant back then. Yet everything starts with baby Ned dying. I was bothered by this, as I think the first targets would be people who could fight back. Besides, everybody had their throats cut, but no, Queen Talisa gets in the belly, for no reason but to "OH MY GOD SO UNPREDICTABLE GOOD GUYS DIE TYWIN IS A GENIUS" the TV watchers.

The shock value of stabbing a pregnant woman in the belly is simply too good to pass. It comes as no surprise that by making the choices they've made regarding the Red Wedding, they've also made it infinitely less poignant and sad.

If I had a penny for every Unsullied friend of mine who's asked me whether the Blackfish was in on it...

Why it bothers me about Satin is that they didn't cast him at all. But Ollyvar is there to play the EVIL GAY WHORE. Some people in the Watch definitely believe Jon sees Satin in a "different way" and it looks like D&D don't want their audience to have those ambiguous feelings about Jon :dunno:

Because, it's impossible for them to have a gay man without having the compulsive need to go and bang someone. Like, Satin would be all over Jon all the time, because he has no other interests than being gay.

Instead, we have a kid, despite Satin is in fact older than Jon :dunno:

yep. i thought when we first saw Olyvar that after he sold out Loras LF was going to have him sent to the wall and he'd be Satin with a twist. but, no. better to keep him in KL so he can betray Loras again.

Talisa was stabbed first because the child was going to be named after Sean Bean's character... :lol:

"I'm going to call him Sean. I mean, Ned."

*everyone in the Twins looks at her wide eyed*

Cat: Robb! *slaps Roose*

Also, we got the predictable shit of the child be another Eddard... and then they kissed when earlier Talisa Teh Wymin Out of Tiem (because she fucking behaves like a modern woman) scolded for trying to do so earlier. Almost as "ugh!" worthy as Ned now heroically shitting on ancient tradition so the Unsullied can rejoice that their Ned is so damn modern and progressive!

Also, we got the predictable shit of the child be another Eddard... and then they kissed when earlier Talisa Teh Wymin Out of Tiem (because she fucking behaves like a modern woman) scolded for trying to do so earlier. Almost as "ugh!" worthy as Ned now heroically shitting on ancient tradition so the Unsullied can rejoice that their Ned is so damn modern and progressive!

Yeah, I agree. And that's why I think it's either a PoV character, or at least a major character.

If it's something to do with whatever D&D did in series 5, I'm really leaning towards it being Jaime, Theon, or Sansa. Of course, it can also be something they'll do to another character further into series 5.

Out of those 3 names.Jaime seems the most likely.

There is word around the internet about Jaime's presence in Dorne and people seem to collectively think he will bite the dust ( I really don't think so,personally ) but we'll have to wait and see.I literally saw someone say on another thread something like "They butchered his character enough, it would be a mercy to 'off' him."

I really think it is about Catelyn, Brienne and Jaime. Like Jaime end up killing Brienne. or Catelyn orders both killed (Jaime will probably not die at this point, well, some of us think he is the valonqar... but who knows). I think GRRM might raise Lady Stoneheart's role, since this is a road D&D really cannot go back. Or the same thing, but to Barristan or Mance Rayder. I really don't think it is something as minor as Mago or Pyat Pree.

snip

We could theorize and theorize but I think D&D would still find a "hacky" way to fit it to their narrative.Or they won't care because the show as we all know will conclude before ADOS is out.

Love 'the Plotslayer' :bowdown:

Me too.

Archived