[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

teemo

Reek Diggler does Winterfell (sorry, that was pretty cheesy, but I couldn't resist it, there's a cheesy bone in me)

Brilliant! Actually I believe that's the title of the season finale

Do you think this show, which is really a fad right now like Lost, will shit all over GRRM's legacy?

Tough to say. I mean, JJ Abrams is widely mis-labeled as the braintrust overlord of Lost, and all he did was the pilot. Now he's directing blockbuster reboots of Star Trek and Star Wars.

So now that my head just exploded, what I'm saying is that maybe will just blame it on Tolkein.

What was up with Marg's wedding necklace? After all of that to do, QOT throwing necklaces over the hedge, so much time alotted to necklace discussion I was expecting something really "wow" and it was a tiny little flimsy nothing. Lame.

I thought that part was pretty funny actually, like just throwing a necklace to the fucking trees, who does that? Well, that's something my grandma would totally do, but she's like the real life QoT

I didn't even get to Margaery. The sexy space alien costumes, the Bjork tube dress, the wedding gown with actual thorns (made of glass)...

http://37.media.tumblr.com/b49fd236f1fa360f64a4bae22fe1b407/tumblr_n2pb14lgdF1qgfbkmo4_250.gif

I agree that many of Margaery's dresses are, eh, strange, but personally I thought that the wedding gown was great. Yes, a bit too ornamental and impractical, but afterall it was intended to be worn on that one very special occasion, not for every day use. The thorns were a nice touch, imho. It kinda fit the Purple Wedding, the Tyrells showing thorns and getting rid off Joffrey.

:wideeyed:

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11431540

"Christie can't say much about what season five brings, though her next combat challenge seems to involve Sandor's big brother, Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane."

Really? So Brienne is allegedly the champion who will fight Ser Robert Schlong in Cersei's trial? Really? I understand the article is likely just clickbait or whatever, but.....

I'm about to leave the house, not watch and I don't even care :D :D :D :D

Not to mention Oberyn's standard outfit he wore almost the entire time and Jaimes go to jacket, I would think the Lannisters would have more outfits considering how rich they are or are they broke im confused. Maybe it's his lucky jacket

Elia wore the SAME dress all Season. The dress she wore in her first scene in the brothel is the same she used in the wedding, but with a different outwear cape thingy.

Just a little common sense, though. If you are going to manipulate or bring someone powerful down, it's usually best not to broadcast it.

For a show big on grey characters,the bad guys are kinda cartoonish no? Whether it's Mel In Black, Selyse grinning at the burning Mance, Margey smirking like an evil queen from an old Disney flick..

For a show big on grey characters,the bad guys are kinda cartoonish no? Whether it's Mel In Black, Selyse grinning at the burning Mance, Margey smirking like an evil queen from an old Disney flick..

That's the problem. The show has never been good with grey characters, but they think they're great at it. Which is how Tyrion ended up with more whitewash than that fence in Tom Sawyer.

I feel like this thread has gotten a little weird. People are starting to complain about things for the sake of competing to see who can outcomplain each other. It's starting to turn into a caricature of a itself. Can we not go there?

We're at a hundred and fifty pages: that ship has sailed.

Archived