[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

teemo

Also, we got the predictable shit of the child be another Eddard... and then they kissed when earlier Talisa Teh Wymin Out of Tiem (because she fucking behaves like a modern woman) scolded for trying to do so earlier. Almost as "ugh!" worthy as Ned now heroically shitting on ancient tradition so the Unsullied can rejoice that their Ned is so damn modern and progressive!

LMAO.

Yo, I'm from a society where we tattoo slaves on the face, but, what's this sexist bedding ceremony you patriarchal retrograde savages are talking about? We didn't got none of that in Volantis, where we have slaves and tattoo them on the face, oh yeah, and we kills them for touching a noble woman.

Okay then, Talisa, thanks for that.

Why it bothers me about Satin is that they didn't cast him at all. But Ollyvar is there to play the EVIL GAY WHORE. Some people in the Watch definitely believe Jon sees Satin in a "different way" and it looks like D&D don't want their audience to have those ambiguous feelings about Jon :dunno:

Because, it's impossible for them to have a gay man without having the compulsive need to go and bang someone. Like, Satin would be all over Jon all the time, because he has no other interests than being gay.

Instead, we have a kid, despite Satin is in fact older than Jon :dunno:

I know, me too. Because, of course, if Satin is gay he will hit on every man indiscriminately, because gay people are always evul and promiscuous due to that pact with the :devil: ...

And yeah, Olly, coz a kid will have more shock value than an adult.

The whole thing is so pathetically predictable...

Yeah me too. It might have been a bug. It actually occurred to me it was some kind of punishment for talking bad about the show or something...

I still can't. :( Am I being particularly vitriolic about the show?

Oh yeah! So maybe we will see her back under an evil alas working for the faith, like Lancel. She will be UnKathleen, Lady Stonehard, destroying wine barrells and arresting gay people 'cause religioun evul. And then she will be there on Carol's walk of shame.

Yeah, that's right, at some point they made Shae Essos royalty or shit, and then in love with Tyrion, only to later pull the rug from under the viewers' feet and have her betray him because... Wait, because what? Oh that's right, because she was a whore...

That was when the show lost me. Shae having more lines than Cat. Season 3. I lost confidence then that D&D's idea of 'faithful' and 'adaptation' or even 'quality' was the same as mine and realized they're all about spectacle and don't really give a s** about character. The only reason GOT has "complex" characters is as a relic of the source material and the longer those characters are in the lands of the double D's the less complex they have become, and less intelligent, if I havent' already mentioned that 100 times.

It had never occured to me, but I believe you're right. Shae had more lines than Cat in the show. But hey, Cat was probably too busy sewing spirit-catchers for Jon or whatever...

Themes? D&D laugh in the face of themes, muahahaha!

This was easily the best line of the day. I can't even begin to pretend that I can top it, so :bowdown:

I would love that, since I love Stoneheart, but technically, they could always throw her in since she's been raised from the dead, so it seems like it has to be someone the show has killed who isn't dead in the books. I doubt it's Jojen, since even his book self knows he's doomed. I somewhat doubt any of the Dothraki would be raised to a level of being a major plot twist. So, I can't remember who else they've killed or it could also be maybe someone who isn't in the show like WYMAN FUCKING MANDERLY. It could be Mance or the somebody else they kill this season in Meeren or somebody else they kill later that we don't know about but martin does.

Yeah, Stoneheart is that one character they can actually bring into the mix anytime. They can just have Toros explaining the deed in retrospect and fuck Nymeria and Arya's warging and all that ballast...

PS: Man, it feels so good to just toss shit about the show. I honestly don't care if they never let me have a look at you guys' profiles. I'm gaining years in psychotherapy...

LMAO.

Yo, I'm from a society where we tattoo slaves on the face, but, what's this sexist bedding ceremony you patriarchal retrograde savages are talking about? We didn't got none of that in Volantis, where we have slaves and tattoo them on the face, oh yeah, and we kills them for touching a noble woman.

B-bu-but a slaved saved Teh Wymin Out of Tiem and t-that shit makes you like... progressive because... b-because...

...of reasons.

yep. i thought when we first saw Olyvar that after he sold out Loras LF was going to have him sent to the wall and he'd be Satin with a twist. but, no. better to keep him in KL so he can betray Loras again.

Don't forget that if they keep Olyvar in KL, they can have more sex scenes between him and Loras.

Once I would have said 'no way' 'the show would never do that' but having said the same thing about Sansa being turned into some version of Jeyne Poole, I no longer have a sense of where the line for "too crazy for D&D" stands.

Are you still sure there is one?

Wat

Just... Just how is she getting to King's Landing? I mean, on what purpose?

Come on, it would be easier to just have LSH in. Everything would be made more simple.

Is Brienne gonna kill another brutal fighter? I can already hear her screams as she punches the darkness out of UnGregor's face.

Fuck yeah! Brienne the Bully can kick anyone's ass!

Are D&D even aware at this point what they are writing is complete shit or do they truly think they are writing gold, grade A* standard material?

I would really love to know the answer to that question, but do they even care anymore?

Have you ever wondered why would a Frey soldier start the slaughter with the Queen, stabing her in the belly? Nobody knew she was pregnant back then. Yet everything starts with baby Ned dying. I was bothered by this, as I think the first targets would be people who could fight back. Besides, everybody had their throats cut, but no, Queen Talisa gets in the belly, for no reason but to "OH MY GOD SO UNPREDICTABLE GOOD GUYS DIE TYWIN IS A GENIUS" the TV watchers.

Like I said, the shock is more important than everything else. And they have the idea we also need to shock the book readers because otherwise they would not watch anymore.

I was indeed surprised when I saw that gruesome on the tv. It had indeed no added value except more shock.

Also now I rewatch it is it really only Cat who fight back? Where is someone like GreatJon who kills five or something like that.

Talisa was stabbed first because the child was going to be named after Sean Bean's character... :lol:

LOL

I think it would the greatest twist for the film makers would be don't let Sean's character in the film die.

LMAO.

This sums up my feelings toward their fan fiction crap. Long live the true King in the North not horny teenager Robbie who was so in wuv

The queue is back thar with the rest of KL. moonboy, lancel, kettleback, pycelle, qyburn, ser pounce, adding to that list you'll probably come up shorter then jamie's redemption analytically speaking

No, seriously, I really feel for her. I can't understand why so many people on these forums see her as the villain. I always feel like holding her... or holding her hand, telling her everything is gonna be alright, that those Dornish perverts aren't going to molest her daughter, and stuff. I haven't felt something like this for a TV character ever since I was a little boy...

Are you still sure there is one?

Fuck yeah! Brienne the Bully can kick anyone's ass!

I would really love to know the answer to that question, but do they even care anymore?

No, they're semi-delusional, as the show's popularity has increased, it has unfortunately coincided with them taking more liberties, so I'm sure they think it's related, they think they are improving things and that their stupid as fuck invented plots are what is driving popularity, when what it really is, is just word of mouth and media coverage snowballing over time. Breaking Bad was always good, but it didn't get a huge audience until the last season, but I doubt Vince or any critics would correlate audience w/show quality, where with GOT it seems that is what's done.

I if you polled the audience you would probably see a striking correlation between the "good writing" and memorable scenes that closely parallels GRRM book stuff, with a couple of exceptions of good original material.

There are some truly cringeworthy lines in the show.

There are some truly cringeworthy lines in the show.

What?! Lines like a dragon queen with no dragons not being a queen are classic! Dostoevsky would turn into the green fucking giant out of pure envy that D&D have nullfied all sentiments of him being one of the best fictional writers ever.

YOU. DON'T. GET. IT! NO ONE UNDEEEEEEEERRRSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNDDDDDDSSSSS!!!!!! I HATE YOU ALL!

No, seriously, I really feel for her. I can't understand why so many people on these forums see her as the villain. I always feel like holding her... or holding her hand, telling her everything is gonna be alright, that those Dornish perverts aren't going to molest her daughter, and stuff. I haven't felt something like this for a TV character ever since I was a little boy...

I cannot accept what they have done with her on the show. She had motivation in the books be it if she was strangely deranged. What mother like her wouldn't be after her losses, prophecy. Although she is a spitefully venomous crone. Spreading her legs to gain ground, manipulating always through envy, fear, hate and lust. The crazy manouvering in consideration that everyone must hate her.

For her to suddenly become pieous when she hated Marg for being just that last season. Yawn her whole act here is just too damn tedious now. I hope Qyburn turns her into Lady Stoneheart. I also hope she crossbows Kevan, the Imp did it, now its my turn Blad and Fiyah.

Her motivation here is wrong. The books they strip those Lannisters away into Macbeth, Edgar Allan Poe style. She was in a closet naked, afraid, crazy, her penitent light not a word used to describe Cersei, coming from an abombination, all her friends are dead, gone, no control over her children, no end, but forseen doom.

Who knows how her arc will close, finally and on this show? Although this adaptation has started setting a different character. Whom in opinion deservedly gets what is coming when it is finally recieved.

I if you polled the audience you would probably see a striking correlation between the "good writing" and memorable scenes that closely parallels GRRM book stuff, with a couple of exceptions of good original material.

That's why I keep telling the Unsullied. The scenes mostly people praise the show for are lines taken from the book, even if the context change. Like Oberyn's monologue about his visit to Casterly Rock. In the book, it's humorous and he's teasing Tyrion, while here has a more serious tone. Yet, the lines are very much the same. And it works. Tyrion's speech is also a bit lighter in the book, and he's played for a more dramatic effect. "The Kingslayer brothers" seems kinda inspired by J and T's final conversation ("look at us, the lannister boys"). Those are lines everybody remembers. The invented ones, not so much.

Talisa was stabbed first because the child was going to be named after Sean Bean's character... :lol:

The kiss of death. :lol:

I couldn't believe when they went there. Several layers of tacky.

They don't get romance at all. Why not just use the source material.

I know, me too. Because, of course, if Satin is gay he will hit on every man indiscriminately, because gay people are always evul and promiscuous due to that pact with the :devil: ...

Satin is a loss. Like I said before about women, if they had someone go through these scripts for anything that marginalizes people for no damn reason at all, imagine the improvement. These choices they make have nothing to do with the actual story, where that's the culture doing that to the characters. This is THEM doing it to the characters.

I am kind of wondering if Olly is there for kill the boy. You know D&D, figurative, symbolic, literal, what's the difference?

On a random side note of concern in reguards to HBO, just saw the new True Detectives trailer and I am not buying it.

I'm not the kind of person who is paranoid about these things but...

they cut Satin, the one guy whose sexuality is barely mentioned and he's definitely proving others that the fact he was a prostitute once matters little as he's very capable and skilled.

they cut Quentyn, the Dornish virgin who is afraid of his own penis.

they cut Arianne. Despite she's the perfect character for sexposition, they already eliminated the fact Dorne can be ruled by a woman in past season, as they made Oberyn's father the one in charge. This sounds like a very arbitrary change.

they cut JonCon, the one character that is likely to punch you on the face if you ever mock his sexuality and hasn't probably had sex in more than a decade.

I mean, there is a pattern there, even if they didn't intentionally do it. It's like if they can't sexualize it, it's not worthy.

Archived