Liam Cunningham: Upcoming scene is more shocking than Red Wedding

Chilli

FTW is not more shocking than Red Wedding.Unless Tormund, Edd, Wun Wun and other wildlings will all be slaughtered. Since it's Đ&D, we can expect exactly that outcome. I just hope that we will see the aftermath of FTW.

Even Davos himself could be killed in the next episode. I'm pretty sure we can assume that he won't go back to Stannis' service after learning about Shireen's fate. Davos could be killed off if he doesn't have another role to play in the story. Someone else could be sent to retrieve Rickon or that storyline could play out differently.

I think Liam Cunningham wasn't talking about the burning of Shireen. Of course he knew it was going to happen, but he probably wasn't on set when that scene was shot. He must likely was talking about a scene in where his character was present -- and we know that Davos was sent to the Wall in order to have a meeting with Jon Snow, so I assume that Cunningham was talking about FTW.

Davos is done with Stannis.That much is beyond the doubt.

I think he will make it to Castle Black and deliver Pink Letter...well show version of it. Nothing to do with Sansa. Show watchers will hate FTW even more, because Jon will try to help "that monster Stannis" and after Hardhome. If Jon survive this (I think he will), Davos could be a very good adviser or he will try to find Rickon. Show Stannis is totally lost right now and beyond redeemable.

About the casualties. Tormund's death would be pointless ,because widlings will imho play a big part in Jon's future. He is the only known widling leader and audience is invested in him. They killed of Loboda and Karsi very quickly. Although anything can happen. I thought that Edd will not make it out of Hardhome and I fear for his live ene more now. Wun Wun is tough to predict.I think he will play very similiar role in show (like in the books).

I want to see Night's King.How cool would that be.

FTW is not more shocking than Red Wedding.Unless Tormund, Edd, Ghost, Wun Wun and other wildlings will all be slaughtered. Something tells me that Jon will not be the only casualty.

I just hope that we will see the aftermath of FTW.I would hate to wait another 9 months to find out.

i disagree jon become to a lot of people the only "hero" of the story killing him would really break the internet. i think there is also at least one more show first death coming.

Davos is done with Stannis.That much is beyond the doubt.

I think he will make it to Castle Black and deliver Pink Letter...well show version of it. Nothing to do with Sansa. Show watchers will hate FTW even more, because Jon will try to help "that monster Stannis". If Jon survive this (I think he will), Davos could be a very good adviser or he will try to find Rickon. Show Stannis is totally lost right now and beyond redeemable.

About the casualties. Tormund's death would be pointless ,because widlings will imho play a big part in Jon's future. He is the only known widling leader and audience is invested in him. They killed of Loboda and Karsi very quickly. Although anything can happen. I thought that Edd will not make it out of Hardhome and I fear for his live ene more now. Wun Wun is tough to predict.I think he will play very similiar role in show (like in the books).

I want to see Night's King.How cool would that be.

i don't think we see davos again this season.

i think sansa gets word herself to jon i could be wrong but i think they drop her finding out about jon in for a reason.

i don't think we see davos again this season.

i think sansa gets word herself to jon i could be wrong but i think they drop her finding out about jon in for a reason.

Liam talked about finale episode and how it's extremely shocking and remarkable.I think he refers to a scene that he is part of it = FTW. Yeah,they drop Jon's name in front of Sansa. Maybe they will combine it both somehow.

Don't get the logic behind "FTW isn't as shocking as the Red Wedding." Robb and Cat were small potatoes compared to what Jon was become as a character. He's on Dany and Tyrion's level of popularity, especially after Hardhome.

I just hope that the aftermath is dealt with, that is they don't leave the cliffhanger of whether or not Jons dead or alive. I think he will respond to the letter in a way which is the last straw for the stabby-stab members of the watch. It would seem impractical to end on a cliffhanger but my faith in D&D is shot, so who knows.

Something more shocking than the Red Wedding has to be unexpected in terms of not being in the books...Shireen bein burned by her father would cover that...FTW or LSH wouldnt be shocking unless we get the aftermath of FTW and LSH kills a major character

Don't get the logic behind "FTW isn't as shocking as the Red Wedding." Robb and Cat were small potatoes compared to what Jon was become as a character. He's on Dany and Tyrion's level of popularity, especially after Hardhome.

I would go as far as to say Jon is the most popular character on the show right now (yes I know I am a Jon fan boy).

FTW has some major buildup in the books as far as all the NW brothers being incredibly pissed off at him. The Red Wedding was completely unexpected and shocking in no one thought Robb would be betrayed like that and while under guest rights. My guess would be FTW happening but Jon is revived by the Nights King while on the pyre but he managed to warg into Ghost so his actual spirit I intact and can be put back into his body at some point...i think Ghost/Jon would go with Sam and Gilly to Oldtown or go beyond the Wall to Bran

I would go as far as to say Jon is the most popular character on the show right now (yes I know I am a Jon fan boy).

I would say Top 3. Dany is much more popular and same goes for Tyrion.Those two are in the league of their own. Arya is another strong candidate. Stannis well...

Something more shocking than the Red Wedding has to be unexpected in terms of not being in the books...Shireen bein burned by her father would cover that...FTW or LSH wouldnt be shocking unless we get the aftermath of FTW and LSH kills a major character

Come to think of it. They don't need for it to be "not in the books". Red Wedding was in the books yet it's still one of the most shocking scenes ever. So Jon dying is going to be shocking aswell. Us forumers should know that about 80-90% of the show viewers are ONLY show viewers and haven't read the book or they don't have a friend that spoiled them what happens. So it can still be shocking.

For like a few hours until book readers spoils everyone with their theories that he won't be dead for long.

I would say Top 3. Dany is much more popular and same goes for Tyrion.Those two are in the league of their own. Arya is another strong candidate. Stannis well...

True, Dany and Tyrion are hard to beat. The reason I watched GoT is because of all the Dany pictures with her dragons I keep seeing all over the net. I remember I was on a BEAUTY PAGEANT forum and I saw one use Dany as her avatar and siggy. That got me really interested in GoT. I can't say the same for Jon, haven't seen him in the net really unless I'm specifically searching for GoT stuff(e.g. twitter #GoT, FB page of GoT etc)

FTW - just one character, who is most likely not even dead

RW - Cat, Robb, Talisa, Ned Junior, whole Northern rebellion

- basically all good guys - Starks and Northerners - slaughtered and no longer relevant,

- third season = third victory for Lannisters, their final victory over Starks

True, Dany and Tyrion are hard to beat. The reason I watched GoT is because of all the Dany pictures with her dragons I keep seeing all over the net. I remember I was on a BEAUTY PAGEANT forum and I saw one use Dany as her avatar and siggy. That got me really interested in GoT. I can't say the same for Jon, haven't seen him in the net really unless I'm specifically searching for GoT stuff(e.g. twitter #GoT, FB page of GoT etc)

I agree. Not only that Dany is basically a symbol of this show, but she is a pretty popular outside of GoT world. Sort of a symbol/inspiration for a lot of women in the world. Emilia talked about it in one interview.

She is beautiful, strong, badass, independent Queen. Most of all she is essentially a good person. She has three dragons and those dragons are huge for show watchers. People even loved Dany/Drogo romance and were glad that Jason was back fot HotU sequence. When you look up to youtube...millions of views with her scenes. I've never been a big fan of Tyrion, but Dinklage simply rocks. He is funny, intelligent, handsome (unlike book counterpart). People even ship them together. Dany and Tyrion meeting was a huge thing for a lot of people watching the show. I agree with D&D decision to put them together. Their scenes are fun to watch.

Now, they root for Dany to be THE QUEEN with Tyrion's help. Jon is currently a really popular and much more interesting character for show watchers...thanks to Hardhome , Lord Commander status, Jon and Stannis scenes , execution of Janos Slynt etc.

1.Dany 2.Tyrion and 3. Jon with Arya.

FTW - just one character, who is most likely not even dead

RW - Cat, Robb, Talisa, Ned Junior, whole Northern rebellion

- basically all good guys - Starks and Northerners - slaughtered and no longer relevant,

- third season = third victory for Lannisters, their final victory over Starks

if they imply his death for show watchers he is the last hope of humanity falling to the failings of man.

Archived