[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Some things I will never get over. I will never get over "Talisa" though there are maybe 2 scenes of hers that I can stand, or the lack of Northern lords in season 3. It irritates the fuck out of me every time.

Who let the dogs out, Ramsay shirtless in silk pants fighting people in chain mail is as ridiculous every time I've watched it. Arya and the Hound at the Vale gate. Mmm. So bad. Every time.

But, a fair amount of stuff you can roll with, it's getting harder, though. Season 4 is better on a rewatch, but still, so many flaws.

Yes, Elleria's hair and the focus on her outfit on rewatch I found to be actually more distracting than the crazy talk she was giving Doran. I realized this bizarre wardrobe change was D&D way of signaling to me that SHE'S CHANGED. She's not the nice paramour from last year, SHE'S WEARING SNAKES AND LEATHER AND HAS SHORT HAIR, SHE HAS GONE BADASS. So fucking juvenile.

I agree with you: somethings are better at rewatching. The exact ones you mentioned, though, I can't get over with. Just as I will never enjoy the battle at Craster's to avenge Commander Mormont. Locke's death... Oh good R'hllor... I actually thought the show had created a good character in Locke, just to give him his season 4 arc. But the absolute worst of all is Jon x Evil Boss Karl. I can't even rewatch that. And the fact he was drinking from Mormont's skull (what, they dissecated his head? Btw skulls have lots of holes everywhere, where nerves and vessels pass through. Including a huge one in the bottom called Foramem Magnum. Yet Karl was drinking wine on it. Nitpick, yes, but a dumb and unecessary one).

Rewatched would mean rating without exception.

Having bought those box sets, or recorded the entire series, owns torrents?

Until they come out on Netflix, I afraid my Skybox is too full of existing recent content, series links, or contains the German/Brazil final to be re-watched. But I couldn't get through Daredevil, I do occasionally re-watch some series if there great. HAHAHA

I haven't re-watched season 3 & 4, and I barely remember each apart from the stuff that really irked me like the RW, Arya and the Hound in the Vale, Brienne, Pod, Arya and the Hound. That's all I remember, I think. I should probably watch it again, but life's too short.

The most forgettable season for me was season 4 out of all.

Even if I double watched episodes every week.I haven't touched it since the finale.

Yeah, but I have a feeling s 5 will replace s 4 as the most forgettable. I mean, I've watched eps 1 & 2 a couple of times each and I've already forgotten stuff from them. And they aired days ago! :laugh:

I also find myself staring at the screen and realising I haven't really been paying attention at all...

My brother Robb came to the the Twins a guest. He ate Lord Walder's bread and salt, and hung his sword upon the wall to feast with friends. And they murdered him. Murdered, I say, and may the Boltons choke upon their fables. I drink with Ramsay, jape with Myranda, promise Roose my hand in marriage ... but never think that means I have forgotten. The north remembers, Theon. The north remembers, and the mummers farce is almost done. I am home.

I'd love this so much. Hence, it won't be on the show.

I do notice on rewatching that some things, once you've gotten over your initial outrage, you can kind of go with and watch as entertainment, and some things are so bad that every time you watch them your eyes involuntarily roll.

Despite the utter stupidity of the Sansa story, on rewatch I watched it purely to evaluate the directing and to try and figure out what each actor thinks their character's intentions are, so that was mildly entertaining. Rewatching Cersei and Jamie discuss the necklace, painful, awful, unwatchable because of the insane role reversal. Rewatching Varys & Tyrion, it becomes more boring and pointless each time.

I have to agree with this, in some points. Although some scenes are utterly unwatchable (Everything to do with Talisa, Shae, Ros, Saint Tyrion and Varys, Shirtless Ramsay letting the dogs out), there are quite some good scenes.

Sometimes, when I can ignore obvious plot holes, I almost enjoy most Sansa scenes, including her manipulating the Lords of the Vale and her "I know what you want" scene, as well as the one where she and LF are talking inside the carriage. I love how Sansa's voice got deeper, and so far, I enjoyed most of Sansa's season 5 scenes, though I can't yet say which ones.

But that's mostly because Sophie sells her character to me, and seeing Sansa crying as she sees something yet again was heart-breaking for me, especially considering that it brought me very much book!feelings and how it almost feels like this character is getting to her endgame and how her journey is coming to a climax. Of course, that said, it's most likely they'll make me rue the day I ever enjoyed such scene.

You first see Kevin Lannister in the war tent with Twyin in season 2. I think its awesome that they've taken the time to cast actors that far in advance before they start appearing in the spotlight of the main story.

I'm happy to see Lancel back. Not sure why his hair isn't blonde anymore. Part of forgoing worldly possessions means dying your hair an unnatural color?

Speaking of hair, it doesn't bother me that Lena Heady and Emilia Clarke use wigs for their roles as Cersei and Dany but it annoys the shit out of me that their eyebrows don't match. It makes it so freaking obvious and makes them look weird.

Pyp and Grenn died at the Battle of the Wall. Not cool. I did not want them to die. The only deaths that got me choked up since the Red Wedding. That and Lady from season 1.

Not sure if Manyce is really dead or not. Not going to be too upset if he is. This is one of the changes I was expecting. Sad to see Ciaran Hinds leave the cast though, he's a great actor. I always get excited when I see former members of Rome on the show.

Yeah, but I have a feeling s 5 will replace s 4 as the most forgettable. I mean, I've watched eps 1 & 2 a couple of times each and I've already forgotten stuff from them. And they aired days ago! :laugh:

I also find myself staring at the screen and realising I haven't really been paying attention at all...

Not much happened. This is 20% of the season. Carol berated Larry for being stupid; Carol's uncle berated her for being depending on the viewer, being a usurping bitch or a poor woman. Varys and Tyrion continued to chat. Arya got to the House of B/W. Loras is still gay. Dany is still having trouble with that whole queen thing and her dragons. What did we really find out?

Jamie is going to Dorne and taking Bronn, that's new.

Ellaria has turned snake wearing badass freak, new

Brienne killed some more strangers in a tavern brawl, in a new place.

Sansa is on her way to Winterfell, new.

Jon is LC, new, I guess, otherwise, nothing much, Stannis says he's marching on Bolton but probably nobody but book readers remembers that.

This is still all going, no happening, and the going has been pedestrian and dullish. It kinda makes Viserys in a tub talking dragonlore seem inspired.

I only say killing birds, because where did she get the crazy feathers for that dress?!

If only we had seen that, that's where they went wrong. Let us see the fury of the raven killings, the blood dripping from her hands, the look in her eyes...

And the fug necklace... Arya, Arya, Arya! (a la Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!) I'll show them. To hell with sewing, I'll forge my own mini Needle! Now, where's a belt buckle...

Soz, my fault actually, here is the correct link:

http://thekindnihilist.tumblr.com/

Still finding my footing with tumblr :(

I'm not too good w/tumblr, so it was kind of hard to scroll through, but Rod Jones, hilarious! Very funny.

Sad to say but, much as I have liked her, Gwendoline Christie's expressions in that segment deserve the cartoon treatment you gave her.

If only we had seen that, that's where they went wrong. Let us see the fury of the raven killings, the blood dripping from her hands, the look in her eyes...

And the fug necklace... Arya, Arya, Arya! (a la Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!) I'll show them. To hell with sewing, I'll forge my own mini Needle! Now, where's a belt buckle...

I wonder if there was a crossover we've failed to see in which Sansa asks for Disney's Maleficent for training in killing ravens. Mini Needle is one of the worst creations of the show, I can't even jape about it.

I wonder if there was a crossover we've failed to see in which Sansa asks for Disney's Maleficent for training in killing ravens. Mini Needle is one of the worst creations of the show, I can't even jape about it.

They've presented her story in such a sexist way. But that part takes the cake, giving up sewing, a traditional feminine art, to be like Arya, that runs counter to their whole story. Instead of celebrating the differences, and the ways all women can be strong. And to add insult to injury, that's her LITTLE sister.

Why are we calling that atrocity 'mini needle'? :uhoh:

I will quote it one more time, for this thread (Cas Stark, avert your eyes):

"David and Dan came to me with the idea of a transformation for Sansa. They wanted her to be her own woman rather than this victim... I liked the idea that after this, she doesn’t want to sew anymore. The metal piece is really a miniature of Arya’s sword, Needle, and the idea is that there’s a ring that you stitch through and then that’s her weapon."

Inside HBO’s Game of Thrones: Season 3 and 4 by C.A. Taylor, Forward by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss

Why are we calling that atrocity 'mini needle'? :uhoh:

LMAO. Here comes the hateful quote. 10, 9, 8....

The insane person who designed the hellish prop said it's Sansa's needle, Ayra has her needle and this is Sansa's version whatever in the fuck that nonsense is supposed to mean.

Why is everyone calling Brianne a thug in this thread? Perhaps they missed the subtext where Littlefinger was going to kill her to remove any witnesses who might recognize Sansa?

Many people in this thread have been calling her a thug since she threw down on the Hound for no apparent reason, drew her sword first, even though he was talking sense and Arya didn't want to go with her.

I will quote it one more time, for this thread (Cas Stark, avert your eyes):

Inside HBO’s Game of Thrones: Season 3 and 4 by C.A. Taylor, Forward by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss

Thank you, although I regret having asked. WTF????

It doesn't at all look like anything but a belt buckle, and a very ugly one. Well, maybe it wouldn't look so ugly if it wasn't hanging around her neck. And if a ring is sown into it it becomes a weapon?

I don't know if I need more coffee or if I need to have my face slapped several times or both, but I just don't see it.

That 'thing' is not only very ugly, it's also hugely distracting.

Heh, maybe that's the idea... We'll keep out attention on that monstrosity and won't mind any of the rest.

Archived