[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

:laugh:

I'd forgotten all about the red/dark hair!!! Gosh, I can't believe how often I've been saying 'I'dcompletely forgotten' in regards to the show. And killing birds? It rings no bell whatsoever.

I really like Turner as Sansa too, and I agree that this year her performance is much weaker. But she can do it, we know that, so I can only fault whatever the direction - or lack thereof.

She does look catatonic, btw.

I only say killing birds, because where did she get the crazy feathers for that dress?!

Yes, I agree, at some point, when you see actors performance vary so startlingly, and we've seen it now in a number of people who go from weak to decent to good and back again, that more of the blame goes toward poor direction that they're given. Not everyone is Charles Dance.

I also, which I have complained about already, thought her make up was awful. If the show's idea of Sophie being 'empowered' is 'look sexy' good lord, that make up, she likes like she belongs in corpse bride.

In whose mighty opinion have the books lost there way, except into possibly altered deadlines? Literature is about the written story, characters, how any pieces fit together into the journey that has been taken from beginning to end. Simply it wouldn't sell if it was incoherent.

This is true and, as mentioned above, it is impossible to judge until (if) the books are finished.

I do think it is very obvious that the book series has grown beyond the original plan, however and there is a possibility that there are now too many threads to be concluded in a satisfying manner.

This is true and, as mentioned above, it is impossible to judge until (if) the books are finished.

I do think it is very obvious that the book series has grown beyond the original plan, however and there is a possibility that there are now too many threads to be concluded in a satisfying manner.

Can you please stop? I am asking nicely. Please, stop.

What I am getting at, is the series has deviated from original planning. This may possibly be due to your offered suggestion, where we cannot fully judge until the books have been written released.

Any shown content's criticism in often going by the obvious flaws into anything seen. Even upon taking a neutral perspective, seeing what remains as holes into this shown story. Any examples are becoming ever more abundant towards these later seasons. The information shown is not coherent to previous modelling. I have no doubt that this series will arrive at an ending within adaptation, but coherently remains the question.

I can imagine, speculating, that because the written work hasn't been released yet. Further considering what they had to work with into offering up a conclusion, had meant totally rewriting everything previously, to finally get to a rushed ending outline. Only remains to escalate further within these ranted discussions

Although tell me where does the fault lay?

Pieces, characters, realms have simply vanished in a rushed attempt following almost opposite paths of direction into prior reasoning. Will the ending with what is shown, also have deviated

I do agree w/whomever said that it seems like the double Ds didn't and don't have a plan for the whole series. That they have been doing it a year at a time. That was okay for the first year, they didnt' know if HBO would pick it up or not. But, by year 3 it's pretty clear that the show is a hit and they should by then have started mapping out the WHOLE story, starting with the end and working backwards to help determine which threads are most critical, etc. etc.

I suppose it's possible thats what they're doing, but it feels much more like they sit down every year and say, okay we're doing the story from X to Y let's plot it out for 10 episodes, and this is why there are so many dropped characters and plot holes and continuity errors.

My brother Robb came to the the Twins a guest. He ate Lord Walder's bread and salt, and hung his sword upon the wall to feast with friends. And they murdered him. Murdered, I say, and may the Boltons choke upon their fables. I drink with Ramsay, jape with Myranda, promise Roose my hand in marriage ... but never think that means I have forgotten. The north remembers, Theon. The north remembers, and the mummers farce is almost done. I am home.

something like this would be so kickass

What I am getting at, is the series has deviated from original planning. This may possibly be due to your offered suggestion, where we cannot fully judge until the book have been written.

Any content's criticism in often going by the obvious flaws into anything seen. Even upon taking neutral perspective, seeing what remains as holes into this shown story. Any examples are becoming ever more abundant towards these later seasons. The information shown is not coherent to previous modelling. I have no doubt this series will arrive at an ending within adaptation, but coherently remains the question.

I can imagine, speculating, that because the written work hasn't been released yet. Further considering what they had to work with into offering up a conclusion, had meant totally rewriting everything previously ,to finally get to a rushed ending outline. Only remains to escalate further within these ranted discussions

Although tell me where does the fault lay?

Pieces, characters, realms have simply vanished in a rushed attempt following almost opposite paths of direction into prior reasoning. Will the ending with what is shown, also have deviated

I agree with just about everything in this post - we just can't tell.

But I can tell you where the fault lies - it lies with both the purchasing and selling of an unfinished work for adaptation. The fault lies both in D&D thinking GRRM won't change tact and and GRRM changing tact.

Because,

I do agree w/whomever said that it seems like the double Ds didn't and don't have a plan for the whole series. That they have been doing it a year at a time. That was okay for the first year, they didnt' know if HBO would pick it up or not. But, by year 3 it's pretty clear that the show is a hit and they should by then have started mapping out the WHOLE story, starting with the end and working backwards to help determine which threads are most critical, etc. etc.

I suppose it's possible thats what they're doing, but it feels much more like they sit down every year and say, okay we're doing the story from X to Y let's plot it out for 10 episodes, and this is why there are so many dropped characters and plot holes and continuity errors.

Exactly this can happen.

GoTs/ASoIaF is yet another modern endeavor where it seems the rule of Ps has been overlooked.

Prior Preparation and Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

something like this would be so kickass

Yes, or my other ongoing complaint, which I renew at regular intervals, of the badass quote we won't get from big bucket wull. Made for TV, I don't care what anyone says.

Winter is almost upon us, boy. And winter is death. I would sooner my men die fighting for the Ned's little girl than alone and hungry in the snow, weeping tears that freeze upon their cheeks. No one sings songs of men who die like that. As for me, I am old. This will be my last winter. Let me bathe in Bolton blood before I die. I want to feel it spatter across my face when my axe bites deep into a Bolton skull. I want to lick it off my lips and die with the taste of it on my tongue.[2]

I agree with just about everything in this post - we just can't tell.

But I can tell you where the fault lies - it lies with both the purchasing and selling of an unfinished work for adaptation. The fault lies both in D&D thinking GRRM won't change tact and and GRRM changing tact.

Because,

Exactly this can happen.

GoTs/ASoIaF is yet another modern endeavor where it seems the rule of Ps has been overlooked.

Prior Preparation and Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Just so.

I'm pretty excited for the next episode! If it's good, it's good; if it's bad, we'll have plenty to talk about in the next thread! I'm telling you, these rant and rave threads changed my life for better! Hahaha

By the way, a sugestion for the next thread (it applies to myself as well). Since thousands of people, and the mods themselves, have come to explain that this thread is to complain without repercussions (or discussions, for that matter), let us not feed the trolls that inevitably come to throw our loving community of hate in disarray. Our rating and raving will be stronger than the trolling!

See you tomorrow friends! Have a good GoT (?)

I do notice on rewatching that some things, once you've gotten over your initial outrage, you can kind of go with and watch as entertainment, and some things are so bad that every time you watch them your eyes involuntarily roll.

Despite the utter stupidity of the Sansa story, on rewatch I watched it purely to evaluate the directing and to try and figure out what each actor thinks their character's intentions are, so that was mildly entertaining. Rewatching Cersei and Jamie discuss the necklace, painful, awful, unwatchable because of the insane role reversal. Rewatching Varys & Tyrion, it becomes more boring and pointless each time.

I do notice on rewatching that some things, once you've gotten over your initial outrage, you can kind of go with and watch as entertainment, and some things are so bad that every time you watch them your eyes involuntarily roll.

Despite the utter stupidity of the Sansa story, on rewatch I watched it purely to evaluate the directing and to try and figure out what each actor thinks their character's intentions are, so that was mildly entertaining. Rewatching Cersei and Jamie discuss the necklace, painful, awful, unwatchable because of the insane role reversal. Rewatching Varys & Tyrion, it becomes more boring and pointless each time.

I personally could get over everything, thinking "it's entertaining... It's only an adaptation, don't be so bitchy". But the Ellaria and Brienne scenes... My eyes started staring at the back of my head, so intense was the rolling.

I personally could get over everything, thinking "it's entertaining... It's only an adaptation, don't be so bitchy". But the Ellaria and Brienne scenes... My eyes started staring at the back of my head, so intense was the rolling.

Some things I will never get over. I will never get over "Talisa" though there are maybe 2 scenes of hers that I can stand, or the lack of Northern lords in season 3. It irritates the fuck out of me every time.

Who let the dogs out, Ramsay shirtless in silk pants fighting people in chain mail is as ridiculous every time I've watched it. Arya and the Hound at the Vale gate. Mmm. So bad. Every time.

But, a fair amount of stuff you can roll with, it's getting harder, though. Season 4 is better on a rewatch, but still, so many flaws.

Yes, Elleria's hair and the focus on her outfit on rewatch I found to be actually more distracting than the crazy talk she was giving Doran. I realized this bizarre wardrobe change was D&D way of signaling to me that SHE'S CHANGED. She's not the nice paramour from last year, SHE'S WEARING SNAKES AND LEATHER AND HAS SHORT HAIR, SHE HAS GONE BADASS. So fucking juvenile.

Archived