[Book spoiler] Stannis' clothes and weather at wall

So who else think Stannis' clothes are way inappropriate with respect to cold weather at wall, i mean you are next to 700ft wall of ice with winter coming, use some fur cloak or something. We get Mel don't need warm clothes because of R'hllor etc but Stannis, Davos, Shireen, Selyse etc have lived all their lives in south they must be freezing in current clothes. Just look at nights watch and wildings who lives all their lives in this cold weather but still have warmer cloaks etc.

Also no mention of coldness at wall by any southern character is disrespect to nights watch and toughness of life at wall.

- Oh C'mon, he's Stannis Baratheon!

Stannis doesn't feel and fear the cold - the cold feels and fears Stannis :rolleyes:

or

- King Stannis is Queen Elsa.

~ The cold doesn't bother him anyway ~

or

- Dillane!Stannis is so freaking hot, he simply doesn't need warmer clothes!

or

- We know he's not just a stag, but also half turtle, and turtles are reptiles resp. amphibians, thus poikilotherm (... through that's the reason why my tortoises hibernate, but there's surely a hibernation difference between turtles and tortoises (I dunno :dunno:), so he's active in the cold North).

ETA: Seriously now, they probably want to emphasize how the weather and temperature change, when winter really comes in the later episodes and so he'll begin wearing this awesome furry cloak on his way to WF.

I thought he wore his swaggy "cloth of gold" cloak.

Yup:

King Stannis gazed off north again, his gold cloak streaming from his shoulders.

His clothes are basic black, but he wears a gold cloak.

So who else think Stannis' clothes are way inappropriate with respect to cold weather at wall, i mean you are next to 700ft wall of ice with winter coming, use some fur cloak or something. We get Mel don't need warm clothes because of R'hllor etc but Stannis, Davos, Shireen, Selyse etc have lived all their lives in south they must be freezing in current clothes. Just look at nights watch and wildings who lives all their lives in this cold weather but still have warmer cloaks etc.

Also no mention of coldness at wall by any southern character is disrespect to nights watch and toughness of life at wall.

Well....I personally hate hot weather and dress moderately for cold weather.....So... As in jeans and sometimes a t-shirt in 10 degree weather. I love cold weather. So it isn't necessarily too off the wall that Stannis is dressed lightly....

Let's not overdue the "it's freezing", because if it is too cold the story would be unrealistic which Martin does not want. There was something not long ago about a place in Russia that was (correct me if I am wrong) near 30f or 40f below. At any rate, it is too cold for people to stay outside any longer than necessary. It is probably dam cold, but not so cold that people would start dying instantaneously.

Archived