[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XVI - Back at home...

Mladen

To take out LF.

The show is making me think she might use Ramsay to do it. So she will free herself of Baelish but reamin a victim to Ramsay.

Taking out LF is a legit goal, but I think that's going to be part of the show's endgame. Taking out Ramsay/Roose is more of a this season/early next season thing. I don't think she's going to involve Ramsay in taking out LF, she must realize by now that LF is the lesser evil.

Or she can call his bluff. If she really has been learning from LF, she knows how important she is and that Stannis has few enough supporters as is, he won't go burning/murdering a very valuable asset. Anyway, so far as anyone knows, she didn't willingly marry Ramsay but was sold by LF to further his own ends (and this has credence because it may very well be true unbeknownst to her).

Hard to show wits and courage when half frozen, half starved and terrified of being executed.

Let's just run a simple question: As long as a Stark lives, Stannis needs one, true. Now, is it in Stannis best interests to have a Stark with an independent mind, objectives and support as ruler of the North? Or is it in Stannis interests to have a Stark who will be nothing but a puppet who will do as he says? And which of this options serves LF the best?

So you don't see Sansa being able to use her "charm" to manipulate Ramsay (sexually)?

Actually, yes, I just posted on the rant and rave without repercusion that I think Sansa is going to pull out all the stops and make ramsay infatuated with her. She is going to be everyting Myranda is not and Ramsay will do whatever he think pleases Sansa. "Make the Bolton boy yours" Littlefinger said, and that is what she is going to do, until she finds out about her brothers and then she diverts her plans to help them.

Actually, yes, I just posted on the rant and rave without repercusion that I think Sansa is going to pull out all the stops and make ramsay infatuated with her. She is going to be everyting Myranda is not and Ramsay will do whatever he think pleases Sansa. "Make the Bolton boy yours" Littlefinger said, and that is what she is going to do, until she finds out about her brothers and then she diverts her plans to help them.

yeah she just going to be completely ok with having rough sex with ramsay and having reek watch them, I just do not see that. There are others ways to manipulate the situation, like helping reek become theon again so he can help her escape.

Corrected.

What lessons Sansa learned about court politics?

No, that's not "corrected". Sansa's whole arc has been about, among other things, learning to play the game of thrones, which we see her starting to practice in earnest in TWOW.

that is a very good question about the game of thrones, game is only important to those who wanted to get closer to iron throne or have influence on it or crave power through the iron throne.

The "game" is politics. Politics is universal. And yes, there was politics in the North (I would have thought that the idea of the North as a politics-free zone would have been torpedoed by ACOK, let alone ADWD).

No, that's not "corrected". Sansa's whole arc has been about, among other things, learning to play the game of thrones, which we see her starting to practice in earnest in TWOW.

I see nothing of that sort. She is just fooling herself. If you mean Cersei's notion that

“Were it anyone else outside the gates, I might hope to beguile him. But this is Stannis Baratheon. I’d have a better chance of seducing his horse.” She noticed the look on Sansa’s face, and laughed. “Have I shocked you, my lady?” She leaned close. “You little fool. Tears are not a woman’s only weapon. You’ve got another one between your legs, and you’d best learn to use it. You’ll find men use their swords freely enough. Both kinds of swords.”

is how the game is supposed to be played, then I have nothing to say.

I see nothing of that sort. She is just fooling herself. If you mean Cersei's notion that

“Were it anyone else outside the gates, I might hope to beguile him. But this is Stannis Baratheon. I’d have a better chance of seducing his horse.” She noticed the look on Sansa’s face, and laughed. “Have I shocked you, my lady?” She leaned close. “You little fool. Tears are not a woman’s only weapon. You’ve got another one between your legs, and you’d best learn to use it. You’ll find men use their swords freely enough. Both kinds of swords.”

is how the game is supposed to be played, then I have nothing to say.

i always thought game in game of thrones actually meant knowing how to keep your power in check while effectively ruling. i think twyin and tyrion best understood that concept it is not just about power play and manipulating others, you have to rule at the end of the day. tyrion even explained this to cersei you will find it hard to rule millions who want you dead. no cersei is about power grab who has no clue what it means to rule at the end of the day. LF version of playing game of thrones is figuring out how to destabilize as many powerful people as he can so he can take their place. if playing game of thrones is understanding the people around you then even tywin failed because he failed to recognize the talent in his son and he also failed in recognizing what a snake LF was.

yeah she just going to be completely ok with having rough sex with ramsay and having reek watch them, I just do not see that. There are others ways to manipulate the situation, like helping reek become theon again so he can help her escape.

I am speculating more, I do not think the show is going to want rape scenes after the shitstorm last year with the Lannisters.

I am speculating more, I do not think the show is going to want rape scenes after the shitstorm last year with the Lannisters.

I think that is why they are showing the scene through theons reaction to what happens.

I think that is why they are showing the scene through theons reaction to what happens.

I am thinking if she puts up a struggle, that will only turn Ramsay on to giving her a rougher time. That is why I think she will play the "lady in bed" routine and Ramsay is not used to that. If he wants it rough, he has Myranda. This is just my speculation as Sophie has stated (for what that is worth) that she uses her sexuality to manipulate people. Who else could that be? She will charm him, sick I know and I disagree with the whole storyline but it apparently seems to be where they are going.

I am thinking if she puts up a struggle, that will only turn Ramsay on to giving her a rougher time. That is why I think she will play the "lady in bed" routine and Ramsay is not used to that. If he wants it rough, he has Myranda. This is just my speculation as Sophie has stated (for what that is worth) that she uses her sexuality to manipulate people. Who else could that be? She will charm him, sick I know and I disagree with the whole storyline but it apparently seems to be where they are going.

I can't really describe how gross that would be, and not for nothing a fairly sick re-enforcement of the virgin/whore dynamic. Myranda, the mean whorish peasant girl [yes, I know she's also a killer...] will get killed and Sansa, the good, virginal high born girl will use her virginal purity to tame the psycho and triumph. Bring on the cliches baby.

I can't really describe how gross that would be, and not for nothing a fairly sick re-enforcement of the virgin/whore dynamic. Myranda, the mean whorish peasant girl [yes, I know she's also a killer...] will get killed and Sansa, the good, virginal high born girl will use her virginal purity to tame the psycho and triumph. Bring on the cliches baby.

I do not mean to put down different class people with my speculation on how in the hell Show Sansa is supposed to charm and manipulate a person like Ramsay. I guess I am thinking when Dany in season one got input from Dorhea, her servant who was once a prostitute on how to seduce Drogo and it worked. I am thinking either they, the show runners have been lying about Sansa not being a victim anymore or she really is going to play and manipulate people.

I do not mean to put down different class people with my speculation on how in the hell Show Sansa is supposed to charm and manipulate a person like Ramsay. I guess I am thinking when Dany in season one got input from Dorhea, her servant who was once a prostitute on how to seduce Drogo and it worked. I am thinking either they, the show runners have been lying about Sansa not being a victim anymore or she really is going to play and manipulate people.

Yeah, but Dany is a different person, and she was already married, and Drogo wasn't a torturing nut job like Ramsay.

Eh, the whole plotline is stupid and any way they resolve it is going to be hard to believe. Sansa escapes in the nick of time. Sansa miraculously develops mad seduction skills and Ramsay falls for her. Sansa channels rape and abuse into girl power. There is no resolution that I can see that won't be either highly unrealistic [sansa saved in the nick of time/Sansa manipulates and off the chain whack job like Ramsay w/success] or character destroying [sansa is raped/abused].

I really do not think Sansa is going to become a sex godess, will see resist on the wedding night, no as she does not have a choice. she will endure the cruelty and the humiliation the best she can while working to get theon to betray ramsay and help her escape.

Archived