[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XVI - Back at home...

Mladen

It's really hard to guess what will happen to Sansa when you put all the interview comments by Turner, Rheon, Allen, and McElhatton together. Rheon talked about a scene that was the hardest yet for him, he had to really psych himself up for it. And Allen talks about a super traumatic scene. So did Turner, she said it was hard for everyone on set to watch-- but then she dialed it back and said it was a 6 on a scale of 1-10. Rape is not a 6. So maybe they are talking about different scenes?

I do not mean to put down different class people with my speculation on how in the hell Show Sansa is supposed to charm and manipulate a person like Ramsay. I guess I am thinking when Dany in season one got input from Dorhea, her servant who was once a prostitute on how to seduce Drogo and it worked. I am thinking either they, the show runners have been lying about Sansa not being a victim anymore or she really is going to play and manipulate people.

If you're a woman, the way to manipulate someone with your sexuality is specifically to NOT let them "get it", so I don't agree with your posts that it must mean that she's going to consent to have sex with Ramsey. By having sex with Ramsey, she immediately loses her power in the situation (see Cersei and Kettleblack in the books). Show!Sansa clearly already understands this when it comes to Littlefinger - she is going to apply the same lessons to Ramsey. It will turn out that it is a MUCH more dangerous game because Ramsey is a sadist, whereas LF is merely a psychopath. But her best bet to "seduce" Ramsey is to make him want her, but avoid any situation where he could actually have her (e.g. work to delay a wedding and/or bedding...). Sexually frustrated Ramsey will take out his aggression on Myranda, and Sansa witness this, and do what's needed to GTFO.

If you're a woman, the way to manipulate someone with your sexuality is specifically to NOT let them "get it", so I don't agree with your posts that it must mean that she's going to consent to have sex with Ramsey. By having sex with Ramsey, she immediately loses her power in the situation (see Cersei and Kettleblack in the books). Show!Sansa clearly already understands this when it comes to Littlefinger - she is going to apply the same lessons to Ramsey. It will turn out that it is a MUCH more dangerous game because Ramsey is a sadist, whereas LF is merely a psychopath. But her best bet to "seduce" Ramsey is to make him want her, but avoid any situation where he could actually have her (e.g. work to delay a wedding and/or bedding...). Sexually frustrated Ramsey will take out his aggression on Myranda, and Sansa witness this, and do what's needed to GTFO.

I hope you are right but when the marriage ceremony takes place, it is Ramsay's right and she did start stripping down for tyrion in season 3 until he told her to stop so I think either it is completed or somehow, Ramsay malfunctioins.

As far as future episodes goes, this screencap (or set photo) just appeared on Tumblr, which looks like it must be from a future episode (though the post doesn't provide any details as to where it's from; I looked over on that site that often gets image from future episodes, and there's nothing there yet).

I would say new, but didn't Sansa already share a kiss with little finger in the crypts. It is possible that someone photoshopped the red hair in.

That's just a coloring (is that how they call it?) of this pic: http://www.farfarawaysite.com/section/got/gallery5/gallery4/hires/36.jpg

Okay, that makes way more sense. I was trying to figure out how that would possibly fit into the plot. I thought it might be a manip (there's no shortage of those), but I was trying to figure out what they could have taken that from, and overlooked just recolouring the previous scene. Good job on changing the clothes, though.

Much as I don't like where this plot appears to be heading, I do find the idea of Sansa interacting with Theon interesting, just because, even though they obviously know each other, I don't think the book version has ever even thought about him once.

I hope you are right but when the marriage ceremony takes place, it is Ramsay's right and she did start stripping down for tyrion in season 3 until he told her to stop so I think either it is completed or somehow, Ramsay malfunctioins.

I'm hopeful the fake IMDB spoilers are correct on the malfunction count. Like Ramsay gets too drunk and instead has Sansa watch him and Myranda, then passes out.

But all the cast interviews about this dark, traumatic event that occurs midway through the Season (which means this upcoming episode) make that seem extremely unlikely.

I like Sansa's smirk at Ramsay. I think she knows shes got something to manipulate him with. Yes, I do believe the next episode shes getting married and it will be consummated. I can believe Theon is watching and cries because shes with a monster. But now that theres a point made of Fat Walda being pregnant, and even getting some lines, shes going to meet an eventful end, and I think the traumatic scene is Ramsay and Sansa killing Fat Walda, with Ramsay getting to the point of cutting out the baby and doing something awful like feeding it to dogs, to Theon or eating it himself. Thats the culmination of Dark Sansa, that she'll manipulate someone into murder and be witness to it or be apart of it herself

Hard to show wits and courage when half frozen, half starved and terrified of being executed.

Let's just run a simple question: As long as a Stark lives, Stannis needs one, true. Now, is it in Stannis best interests to have a Stark with an independent mind, objectives and support as ruler of the North? Or is it in Stannis interests to have a Stark who will be nothing but a puppet who will do as he says? And which of this options serves LF the best?

of course a puppet serves him better but he doesn't have a choice. He can deal with Sansa being independent (which won't be a problem for him because she will support him to see the lannisters overthrown) or he can kill her and have the entire North reminding him they remember and being a pain in the butt for his entire rule. He told Jon he was upset the Mormonts or umbers wouldn't declare for him (forget which), he wants their support and he knows she's the only way to get it. And she knows it, too, which gives her power.

I like Sansa's smirk at Ramsay. I think she knows shes got something to manipulate him with. Yes, I do believe the next episode shes getting married and it will be consummated. I can believe Theon is watching and cries because shes with a monster. But now that theres a point made of Fat Walda being pregnant, and even getting some lines, shes going to meet an eventful end, and I think the traumatic scene is Ramsay and Sansa killing Fat Walda, with Ramsay getting to the point of cutting out the baby and doing something awful like feeding it to dogs, to Theon or eating it himself. Thats the culmination of Dark Sansa, that she'll manipulate someone into murder and be witness to it or be apart of it herself

feeding it to theon or eating it? that's a little gross.

of course a puppet serves him better but he doesn't have a choice. He can deal with Sansa being independent (which won't be a problem for him because she will support him to see the lannisters overthrown) or he can kill her and have the entire North reminding him they remember and being a pain in the butt for his entire rule. He told Jon he was upset the Mormonts or umbers wouldn't declare for him (forget which), he wants their support and he knows she's the only way to get it. And she knows it, too, which gives her power.

If Stannis live he'll gain power through her by marrying her. Im thinking Selyse will die and Stannis will try to marry Sansa (no matter what he says about his daughter you know he wants a son badly, and a pretty young wife will do that) he'd be a hero in the North riding it of the Boltons, makes Sansa Queen which could keep the North from rising and Sansa could fulfill Cersei's prophecy about the younger and prettier coming to take all she holds dear: power

If Stannis live he'll gain power through her by marrying her. Im thinking Selyse will die and Stannis will try to marry Sansa (no matter what he says about his daughter you know he wants a son badly, and a pretty young wife will do that) he'd be a hero in the North riding it of the Boltons, makes Sansa Queen which could keep the North from rising and Sansa could fulfill Cersei's prophecy about the younger and prettier coming to take all she holds dear: power

Littlefiger will show up with fresh Vale Forces in which I know he will use to take all survivors out and marry Sansa himself. What I think he miscalculated on is the marriage and potential bedding with Ramsay to already have taken place and this, Rickon and Brandon Stark are alive and oh, something about dead men walking and fighting north of the wall, nothing to worry about there right ?

Well, I'm not that sure about anything anymore. Iwan Rheon gave an interview talking about the Dinner scene and how it was traumatic and his favorite scene of the season, so I'm not sure how this fits into his earlier statements. I'm still trying to figure out how this whole thing will work.

Littlefiger will show up with fresh Vale Forces in which I know he will use to take all survivors out and marry Sansa himself. What I think he miscalculated on is the marriage and potential bedding with Ramsay to already have taken place and this, Rickon and Brandon Stark are alive and oh, something about dead men walking and fighting north of the wall, nothing to worry about there right ?

Right, unless he gets killed in KL

Well, I'm not that sure about anything anymore. Iwan Rheon gave an interview talking about the Dinner scene and how it was traumatic and his favorite scene of the season, so I'm not sure how this fits into his earlier statements. I'm still trying to figure out how this whole thing will work.

LOL, see if these sensitive actors think that the dinner scene was traumatic...then, whatever other "trauma" they are talking about probably doesn't involve Sansa being raped and tortured. I would say the dinner was wacky and uncomfortable, but not particularly traumatic for anyone, not even Sansa, she already knows Theon allegedly killed her brothers. The only trauma suffered is now she has good idea that Ramsay is high up on the crazy scale.

Archived