NHL 2015-16 - Because we still don't need a new thread!

Jabronius Maximus

2 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

Not a bad trade, I'm guessing Lovejoy is going to out for a while which probably necessitated this move. It also shows how much they've soured on Ian Cole. Fleury has probably been a little overworked and it's starting to show, but Zatkoff has been terrible and really leaves Sullivan no choice but to keep Fleury in the net with a playoff spot on the line.

Murray's been called up, so for the playoffs I imagine he'll be the backup.  And yeah, Cole's been...not great.  

10 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Am I missing something with Beau Bennett - the telecast just said he's missed 14 games this season.  Hasn't he been out since November? That should be way more than 14 games.

It's 14 on his current injury. iirc he got hurt in his first or second game back from his first injury this season. 

14 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

It's 14 on his current injury. iirc he got hurt in his first or second game back from his first injury this season. 

Ahh okay that makes more sense. Thank you for the clarity, ser.

18 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Ahh okay that makes more sense. Thank you for the clarity, ser.

No problem. When it comes to Beau Bennett, if you blink you probably have missed him being healthy. Dudes skeleton is made of glass.

3 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

Pretty sure it was his first shift back on the ice, actually.  I mostly forget he's on the team until i start looking around wondering who, exactly, was playing on this team before Sullivan replaced the bottom six with WBS players.  

Does anyone else hate the stupidity of Pierre McGuires and his random stories about players when they were in junior hockey? I can't stand the pointless minutiae of 99.9% of the shit that drivels from his mouth. He has become easily my most hated announcer of any sport, eclipsing my long standing loathing of Bill Walton.

3 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Does anyone else hate the stupidity of Pierre McGuires and his random stories about players when they were in junior hockey? I can't stand the pointless minutiae of 99.9% of the shit that drivels from his mouth. He has become easily my most hated announcer of any sport, eclipsing my long standing loathing of Bill Walton.

I don't like Pierre McGuire, but he's not nearly as bad as most of the NFL announcers with their slew of obvious bs they go on about. Ill take him any day over the likes of Phil Simms.

35 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I don't like Pierre McGuire, but he's not nearly as bad as most of the NFL announcers with their slew of obvious bs they go on about. Ill take him any day over the likes of Phil Simms.

Ahh Phil Simms, the nfl thread whipping boy and deservingly so. I'd take him over Pierre. He told a story in the first period about zdeno chara and some other defenseman losing to Henrik Lundqvist in the Swedish league during the lockout. How that matters in this pens/caps game is beyond me. It's nonsense.

This game is getting chippy and I love it. Reminding me of those games from '08-'10 or so. Ovechkin going at Malkin and once again I love it. So much fun to watch. Oh, and I'd love to see someone put Mike Richards on his ass.

35 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Ahh Phil Simms, the nfl thread whipping boy and deservingly so. I'd take him over Pierre. He told a story in the first period about zdeno chara and some other defenseman losing to Henrik Lundqvist in the Swedish league during the lockout. How that matters in this pens/caps game is beyond me. It's nonsense.

Phil Simms response: the thing that's different, though, is that hockey is on ice!

On 3/2/2016 at 8:48 PM, l2 0 5 5 said:

This game is getting chippy and I love it. Reminding me of those games from '08-'10 or so. Ovechkin going at Malkin and once again I love it. So much fun to watch. Oh, and I'd love to see someone put Mike Richards on his ass.

Wilson was trying to murder the Pens there as far as I could tell, and I got a huge kick out of the back to back embellishment calls. That was a hell of a fun game to watch though, even with the result. It'd be a great playoff series, that's for sure, even if I'd have to bet on the Caps.  The Pens look a ton different under Sullivan and I hope they give him another year since I really like their overall playstyle.  The bottom six are excellent and the top six lines look very good as well.  

^totally agree, the bottom 6 has been a pleasant surprise and I think getting Fehr back will help even more. And I'd take the Caps in the first round over the Rangers any day with our record against them.

Archived