NHL 2015-16 - Because we still don't need a new thread!

Jabronius Maximus

14 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Well so far so good tonight. What an exciting couple minutes in the late 2nd.

And I bought a black charity bag... Fingers crossed to getting a jersey in mine!!!! 

Big time win tonight, the blue shirts have owned us over the last two years. Let us know how the bag turns out, it's a great charity event.

1 hour ago, Joe Pesci said:

Big time win tonight, the blue shirts have owned us over the last two years. Let us know how the bag turns out, it's a great charity event.

Big win for sure. And yeah I'll let you know if I get a jersey or not. A great cause nonetheless.

9 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Crazy game between Devs and Preds. With both teams best players (Henrique & Forsberg) coming up big. 

Dude yeah crazy game. Bit of a choke from Rinne but y'all never quit fighting. It's just like the Preds to beat the three best teams in the west in a row then lose to the devils.

It wasn't the sort of hit you'd expect to cause injuries, but a freak accident. Subban was pretty much tangled up with Foligno of the Sabres but was hunched down, so when Emelin skated towards them, his body must have made contact with Subban's head. Subban seemed to be in a lot of pain.

8 minutes ago, MerenthaClone said:

If Malkin's hurt for any length of time, that's one hell of a Pyrrhic victory for the Pens.  Fuck Columbus. 

What a fucking goon squad Torts has for himself there. I'm sure he's already called Malkin a crybaby or something about his injury. 

Yep, the Leafs have an awful team. I was surprised they were somewhat competitive-ish for a good part of the season. Well that was before they managed to trade Phaneuf's contract. But I still have my money on Edmonton winning the draft lottery.

5 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Columbus isn't the worst team in the league, that would be the Leafs. By all means though,  continue the Tortorella bashing. :D

Not "worst" in terms of skill, no, but they're a really, really goony team and I hate it every time the Penguins play them because someone ends up injured. 

2 hours ago, MerenthaClone said:

Not "worst" in terms of skill, no, but they're a really, really goony team and I hate it every time the Penguins play them because someone ends up injured. 

Gotcha. I should have known what you meant when you referred to them as the new Flyers. I haven't watched them much this season, so I didn't no they had become that bad. Not suprised though with that douche as their coach. 

On 3/11/2016 at 2:45 PM, MerenthaClone said:

While i agree with you re: the blue jackets and torts, that hit on Malkin wasn't really dirty.

Unfortunately, it looks like he's out 6-8 weeks, no surgery.  i'm guessing wrist.

15 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

While i agree with you re: the blue jackets and torts, that hit on Malkin wasn't really dirty.

I know, which almost makes it worse!  If they'd injured a star on a nasty play, then maybe they'd have been slapped with some piddling punishment, but instead they goon it up all game, get away with it, and then Malkin gets hurt on a freak injury anyway.  

6-8 weeks puts him out until the second round, which I don't see them making without him.  Or, realistically, having anything but an outside shot of making even with him, but it was at least there.  

5 minutes ago, MerenthaClone said:

I know, which almost makes it worse!  If they'd injured a star on a nasty play, then maybe they'd have been slapped with some piddling punishment, but instead they goon it up all game, get away with it, and then Malkin gets hurt on a freak injury anyway.  

6-8 weeks puts him out until the second round, which I don't see them making without him.  Or, realistically, having anything but an outside shot of making even with him, but it was at least there.  

yeah, totally agree.  The timing could not be worse.  

It seems like he gets one of these nagging injuries that carries over to the playoffs every year around this time...

How pumped is Kessel to go drink so green post game beer? I'd like to think that he's the friend that your dread inviting over your house cause of the state he leaves it in. Like there's no way I'm going into the bathroom after him. He probably doesn't flush. 

42 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

How pumped is Kessel to go drink so green post game beer? I'd like to think that he's the friend that your dread inviting over your house cause of the state he leaves it in. Like there's no way I'm going into the bathroom after him. He probably doesn't flush. 

He's probably already dahn Jacks getting shit faced.

Archived