Will Sansa be Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken ?

You know, this is something I've been thinking about regarding the perceived lack of quality/poor pacing of season 5 and the changing of the story....

Season 5 is the first seaosn D&D have done where they don't specifically know where they are trying to end up. For the previous 4 seasons, they had the books all laid out, they knew where things had to be at the end of season 1 because they already had the 2nd book, same for seasons 2, 3, and 4.

With season 5, they don't explicictly know what's going to happen in season 6 yet. It's known the GRRM has told them the major plot points and how the story ends, but I'm sure he didn't divulge every single little detail of how it gets there (because even HE doesn't know, as evidenced by the fact he's still coming up with plot twists).

So D&D were pretty much left to their own devices this season, and this is what we get. Just goes to show how important having the source material truly is.

So the whole "darth Sansa" was for nothing.

Yep, one more plot joins the long list of dropped plots in the show.

You know, this is something I've been thinking about regarding the perceived lack of quality/poor pacing of season 5 and the changing of the story....

Season 5 is the first seaosn D&D have done where they don't specifically know where they are trying to end up. For the previous 4 seasons, they had the books all laid out, they knew where things had to be at the end of season 1 because they already had the 2nd book, same for seasons 2, 3, and 4.

With season 5, they don't explicictly know what's going to happen in season 6 yet. It's known the GRRM has told them the major plot points and how the story ends, but I'm sure he didn't divulge every single little detail of how it gets there (because even HE doesn't know, as evidenced by the fact he's still coming up with plot twists).

So D&D were pretty much left to their own devices this season, and this is what we get. Just goes to show how important having the source material truly is.

And they only have themselves to blame for that, for dropping so many story lines from AFFC and ADWD.

Ok first of all we are all sad and upset more for sophie than sansa.

If we take a step back and realize game of thrones is full of sexual violence in the show and in the books, so this is not really shocking.

Emilia clarke has it much worst to film such a scene and those poor women in crasters keep that was just awful the way the rape was shown in the background as if it was nothing at all, so the show has done worst.

I am not shocked because this is ramsay and this was expected.

I fear the whole damn season has been hijacked by will sansa get raped or not, i am sorry it was all troubling but it is time to move one with the rest of the story.

WTF just happened? I don't even know what to say. I knew it was going to happen, but I am still trying to figure out why D&D put Sansa at Winterfell, the only thing I can think of is that they thought it would shocking and cool if she was raped. They clearly felt the need to rewrite the books to have Sansa raped. There is no other reason for it, it's not message, it's pure shock value.

I am in shock, but not in a good way, more like you guys are really fucked up. Jeyne was not shocking enough, lets rape Sansa. I don't even know what to think, I guess they just wanted a more shocking rape. Now I know why Martin released the Sansa sample chapter. It is not really upsetting me because I know Ramsey will never touch her in the books and that is Sansa. I guess I am having problems getting my mind aroudn the idea that D&D didn't think rape of a new character or supporting character would be enough. Because appreantly we are all horrible people and can't understand rape is bad if it happens to Jeyne.

I mean did they have this conversation? Hey who are we going to rape this season. Well it happenss to Jeyne. Oh that rape does not have enough shock value, lets rape Sansa. I literally can't get my head around the idea that they had this conversation. Like apperantly they have some rating system based on what rape would be good for ratings.

I am sorry I can't get my head around this, I should not even be talking about it. I am sorry, seriously, I don't ever talk about his subject on the boards. I am so ssorry I am so confused and offended that I idea what to say or how to get my head around the point of what I just saw and why Sansa was placed in this arc, and I can only come up with shock which D&D think equal ratings. I already know rape is bad, pretty much everyone knows that except for some small group of nut jobs. I know the Boltonss are bad, I know Sansa is in a bad place with LF. But the only thing I can come up with is they think shock equals ratings and Sansa being raped would be more shocking then Jeyne. What message are they sending out? I mean this moment is why they put Sansa at Winterfell isn't it? They wanted to have a character raped for shock value.

It's ridiculous to me that people seem to think that if a female loses her virginity, they are tarnished and doomed for life. The way it's talked about here, you'd think she had a death scene. Seriously guys, get over it. Maybe Sansa finally comes into herself after these horrific experiences.

And they only have themselves to blame for that, for dropping so many story lines from AFFC and ADWD.

That's what gets to me sometimes. So they had a 7 season plan apparently drawn out but have to deal with only knowing where the major plotlines go with a big void in many areas for S5 & probably 6. I don't see why they couldn't have re-tooled things given the TWoW status and included more rather than assuming watchers would get overwhelmed with a few more characters and draw things out. It's almost as if they look to anticipate the audience's attention span over maybe making things a little complicated like in the books.

Sansa was raped/forcefully deflowered by a guy that I just don't see that happening with in the books. That's the crux of this.

The why is the kicker but maybe D&D wanted something so brutal because she's going to overcome it and instead of becoming "Darth Sansa" become a shrewd and powerful woman in LF's absence and the support of the northerners. We can only be hopefully something good comes from her storyline from here on out. I mean, geez.

WTF just happened? I don't even know what to say. I knew it was going to happen, but I am still trying to figure out why D&D put Sansa at Winterfell, the only thing I can think of is that they thought it would shocking and cool if she was raped. They clearly felt the need to rewrite the books to have Sansa raped. There is no other reason for it, it's not message, it's pure shock value.

I am in shock, but not in a good way, more like you guys are really fucked up. Jeyne was not shocking enough, lets rape Sansa. I don't even know what to think, I guess they just wanted a more shocking rape. Now I know why Martin released the Sansa sample chapter. It is not really upsetting me because I know Ramsey will never touch her in the books and that is Sansa. I guess I am having problems getting my mind aroudn the idea that D&D didn't think rape of a new character or supporting character would be enough. Because appreantly we are all horrible people and can't understand rape is bad if it happens to Jeyne.

I mean did they have this conversation? Hey who are we going to rape this season. Well it happenss to Jeyne. Oh that rape does not have enough shock value, lets rape Sansa. I literally can't get my head around the idea that they had this conversation. Like apperantly they have some rating system based on what rape would be good for ratings.

I am sorry I can't get my head around this, I should not even be talking about it. I am sorry, seriously, I don't ever talk about his subject on the boards. I am so ssorry I am so confused and offended that I idea what to say or how to get my head around the point of what I just saw and why Sansa was placed in this arc, and I can only come up with shock which D&D think equal ratings. I already know rape is bad, pretty much everyone knows that except for some small group of nut jobs. I know the Boltonss are bad, I know Sansa is in a bad place with LF. But the only thing I can come up with is they think shock equals ratings and Sansa being raped would be more shocking then Jeyne. What message are they sending out? I mean this moment is why they put Sansa at Winterfell isn't it? They wanted to have a character raped for shock value.

Thanks for this.

We can only be hopefully something good comes from her storyline from here on out. I mean, geez.

I hope so. If D & D think I'm gonna watch four more episodes of Sansa being abused and raped by Ramsay, they are out of their goddamned minds.

It's ridiculous to me that people seem to think that if a female loses her virginity, they are tarnished and doomed for life. The way it's talked about here, you'd think she had a death scene. Seriously guys, get over it. Maybe Sansa finally comes into herself after these horrific experiences.

You can't be serious.

So the whole "darth Sansa" was for nothing.

so you guys know what happens next?

let me ask... is dany unsuitable to be a powerful women because of what happened to her in season 1? House of the undying (books)?

In fairness to D&D (the only time I will say that), that scene was in A Dance with Dragons and what we saw here was toned from its source material. However, it was D&D who decided to put Sansa in that scene. It was D&D who decided to make Sansa a bigger victim than ever. And finally, it was D&D who decided to have Dany, Cersei and now Sansa raped at various times during this show.

Sansa in Winterfell plot makes sense now that LF has laid out his plan a bit better - ensures that the Boltons get no allied support so they get smashed up by Stannis or so bloodied that he can take the North easily with the Vale soldiers.

The Sansa rape scene was unnecessary. Yes it happened to fArya in much more gruesome terms in the book, but that was different circumstances. It's for shock value rather than character development.

Overeacting as much? She got off pretty lightly considering the book counterpart.

Guess being a "fan favourite" counts a lot, if it was poor Jeyne Poole fucked by the dogs there wouldn't be 10% of the outcry.

Hated the Jeyne Poole story just as much, if not more, because it was some poor secondary character who got treated like garbage.

But it's bad writing and inconsistent characterization. Winterfell and Dorne are the worst storylines this season. Almost unwatchable.

Ok first of all we are all sad and upset more for sophie than sansa.

If we take a step back and realize game of thrones is full of sexual violence in the show and in the books, so this is not really shocking.

Emilia clarke has it much worst to film such a scene and those poor women in crasters keep that was just awful the way the rape was shown in the background as if it was nothing at all, so the show has done worst.

I am not shocked because this is ramsay and this was expected.

I fear the whole damn season has been hijacked by will sansa get raped or not, i am sorry it was all troubling but it is time to move one with the rest of the story.

You must be willfully misinterpreting the majority of the posts here because they're not mad she lost her "virginity", they're mad she got raped. And the whole using rape as an empowerment device is extremely trite, old, and sexist.

Archived