Ice or Fire?

John Doe

I hate cold.So I lean towards the Fire side.I love Targaryens and Valyria and Dragons.

But I'm also intersted to learn about First men magic and the Kings of Winter and their blood sacrifices.I love weirwoods too.

I don't think the Starks are necessarily ice, despite their connection to Winterfell. I might say they're the more 'human' aspect of ice compared to the Others, just as I might say the Targs and Dany are more human than the followers of R'hllor from Asshai.

I choose the dragons over the Others simply because we actually get to see a perspective we can connect to with fire. Daenerys's story isn't everyone's cup of tea, but she does garner fans and empathy. I think the Others could just be the same as the dragons, but we don't see any semblance of humanity in them like we see with Dany & the dragons.

I prefer hearing about the "storm" element. Storm God, Durrandon bloodline and all that. It's not as prominent as the Ice and Fire, but I enjoy it.

Also, I'd associate the CotF and Greenseers with Earth, weirwood connection and whatnot. I've always pictured ice as something else.

Archived