[BOOK AND SHOW SPOILERS] Scarlett has left the building!

westeros is a savage place, full of savages. it's the brutal realism of the world that has played a major part in making it the success it is. why on earth should it be sterilised?

Making what the success it is? The storyline, or the society within? I'd say no to either.

I am done... and I have been one of the biggest vocal supporters of the show as a long time book reader. Last night's episode was something that crossed the line. I would have stopped reading the books if that happened to Sansa as well.

And if Sansa's arc is heading the same way in books with Harry the Heir, will the same people complaining about this episode be praising it and GRRMs masterful writing?

George all but confirmed it not to be the case, when in his last post, talking about the butterfly effect, he said this time it created a Godzilla, and then linking it to Alayne's chapter if you want to see what happens in the books.

I am done... and I have been one of the biggest vocal supporters of the show as a long time book reader. Last night's episode was something that crossed the line. I would have stopped reading the books if that happened to Sansa as well.

did dany's rape scene not cross the line for you?

game of thrones is a success because it added a healthy dose of realism to the cliched muck that was the fantasy genre.

I can't think of a fantasy book which would be considered bad on grounds of not enough rape. Anyways, you're fanning the flames for no good reason.

so really your problem is the tv show being different to the books. glad we cleared up that then.

for what it's worth, it makes perfect sense to put sansa there rather than wandering around the vale for two seasons. having a nobody character like jeyne poole up there is bad tv.

Yeah. I am just wondering how many people would be "quitting the show" had they cast Jeyne Poole and the scene played out last night exactly like the book.

*Ding & Dong have Jon's ship sink on the way to Hardhome. Jon is swimming to shore but is eaten by a kraken*

"Well, what did you expect to happen? They were sailing in kraken-infested waters and krakens are predators, after all. In fact, Ding & Dong would be betraying the books if they didn't have Jon eaten by a kraken!"

No one is denying that having Sansa raped in the situation in which Ding & Dong contrived to place her was realistic. That's not point and has never been the point. The issue is whether or not it was necessary to put her in this situation in the first place. Was it really necessary to dismantle Sansa, Littlefinger, Brienne, and who knows how many other storylines just to include fArya? Is fArya really that important, in the scheme of things, that it must be included at any cost?

Yeah. I am just wondering how many people would be "quitting the show" had they cast Jeyne Poole and the scene played out last night exactly like the book.

That's the thing though, that some can't seem to understand - Sansa Stark is not Jeyne Poole. Have you ever opened a Pov in your book and the name was written Jeyne Poole?

*Ding & Dong have Jon's ship on the way to Hardhome. Jon is swimming to shore but is eaten by a kraken*

"Well, what did you expect to happen? They were sailing in kraken-infested waters and krakens are predators, after all. Ding & Dong would be betraying the books if they didn't have Jon eaten by a kraken!"

This would have been an awesome scene. No joke.

I can't think of a fantasy book which would be considered bad on grounds of not enough rape. Anyways, you're fanning the flames for no good reason.

Exactly. The point here is that D&D read the book series (chock-full of rape as it is), and thought, "Hmmm, needs more rape."

Archived