[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XVII - On her own

Mladen

Nice to see the thread back. Last week, understandably, this thread has been part of the great purge :)

This is like watching a slow motion train wreck. It just never stops. It is like a never-ending disaster and regardless of what you do, you just can't help it.

We talked, and they delivered. The most contrived storyline of the season continues with nonsense. First, are we that stupid, or wait, is Sansa that stupid at this point of her life, that she didn't recognize a bad seed when she saw one? So, she survived KL and came to WF to discover "there can always be worse". No, the line should have been "I could be 11 again." I wish I can only say that producers didn't mean rape to be some sort of wake-up call, but we all know better.

And then there was a moment of hope. There, in the subtle Sansa way, she tried to de-reek Theon. Naturally, the implications of such act after last week "I don't care what he has done to you" and having rape in mind are difficult to ignore, but there it is. Sansa, in her purest form of herself, tried to reach to the best in people, in this case, Theon. Now, as the scene alone, it was quite good, it showed Sansa's nature, but in the context, it was again used as cry for help and worse, her redemption of not "caring" to Theon's torments.

Yeah, some things will never change... And once again, they don't get. They simply will never get it.

And, BTW, what is this fascination with rape child? Is it on someone's bucket list to see Sansa impregnated by Ramsay?

On the pregnancy issue...Sansa and Littlefinger never discussed what would happen if she was impregnated by Ramsay in between the time she married him and the time Stannis would show up to rescue her. That seems like a curious omission.

And, BTW, what is this fascination with rape child? Is it on someone's bucket list to see Sansa impregnated by Ramsay?

Speaking only for myself, I'm reading the signs and paying attention, the same way those who predicted a Sansa/Jeyne plot mashup way back when did, and not only have there been a few hints as to Sansa becoming pregnant--the writers making a point of mentioning that Sansa is getting raped every night, the cut from a Theon scene to Gilly's baby, etc.--but it would also explain why the writers seemed to be so determined that Sansa get raped this season, and it might even spoil Sansa's future storyline in the books.

This is my major problem as well. You've undone seasons of character development and taken away any growth that Sansa has had for that. It's a replay of the Joffrey storyline...but worse. Poorly plotted to get to the point hwere you could "shock" people with her rape, and no plan afterwards. Sansa's agency has pretty much been destroyed.

It's not so much of undoing seasons of character development, at least the way I see it:

At the wedding night, she chickens out. She knows what she should do, but can't bring herself to do it. Character gets a setback, suffers greatly.

But, and here's the deal, the effects of that setback is like training a space cadet in space fighterbombers and once he finishes the academy and he's off to fight the Great Interstellar War, you send him to a fight to the death... with swords. The training you gave the character doesn't work for the challenges the character would have to overcome. Which leads to the question of, why did you train him in that to begin with?

It's not so much of undoing seasons of character development, at least the way I see it:

At the wedding night, she chickens out. She knows what she should do, but can't bring herself to do it. Character gets a setback, suffers greatly.

But, and here's the deal, the effects of that setback is like training a space cadet in space fighterbombers and once he finishes the academy and he's off to fight the Great Interstellar War, you send him to a fight to the death... with swords. The training you gave the character doesn't work for the challenges the character would have to overcome. Which leads to the question of, why did you train him in that to begin with?

Actually it was. Sansa at the point of story where she is, should have seen the bad seed. This is basically Sansa Season 1 on steroids, because even that naive kid in love would have been able to see this. It is completely unbelievable that she was suddenly surprised with who Ramsay is. But then again, inserting rape as a wake-up call explains everything. It is sexist, but the logic is indisputable :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

She had sex?

She's been raped every night for some time and it's likely to continue for some time yet. Ramsay is not sterile--we know he impregnated at least one woman previously (hmm, there's another pregnancy mention in relation to Ramsay)--and Sansa's mother and aunt had no problem getting pregnant (although the latter had trouble carrying a pregnancy to term).

She's been raped every night for some time and it's likely to continue for some time yet. Ramsay is not sterile--we know he impregnated at least one woman previously (hmm, there's another pregnancy mention in relation to Ramsay)--and Sansa's mother and aunt had no problem getting pregnant (although the latter had trouble carrying a pregnancy to term).

So, the great Sherlock skills of reading the signs is actually the knowledge that they are not sterile and they had sex? You should have said that first :)

We talked, and they delivered. The most contrived storyline of the season continues with nonsense. First, are we that stupid, or wait, is Sansa that stupid at this point of her life, that she didn't recognize a bad seed when she saw one? So, she survived KL and came to WF to discover "there can always be worse". No, the line should have been "I could be 11 again." I wish I can only say that producers didn't mean rape to be some sort of wake-up call, but we all know better.

Well, can you really blame her since even Littlefinger is that stupid? Ramsay said to LF he would never hurt her and he believed it. LF told Sansa that Ramsay had fallen for her. If LF is tricked by Ramsay, what hope can Sansa have?

So, the great Sherlock skills of reading the signs is actually the knowledge that they are not sterile and they had sex? You should have said that first :)

This isn't rocket science, honestly. Try to keep up.

On another note, speculating about something happening isn't the same as wanting it to happen. I wasn't thrilled at the idea of a Sansa/Jeyne mashup when the theory was floating around before Season 5 aired, but when I added up the evidence, I became an early adopter and was proven right. That's what happens when you pay attention, and while I wasn't happy at being proven right per se, especially since I accurately predicted that Sansa would be tormented and abused as Jeyne was, I can't say I didn't enjoy laughing at everyone who'd sneered elaborately about how delusional I was for believing the theory, just as I'm laughing at you now for essentially sticking your fingers in your ears.

On the pregnancy issue...Sansa and Littlefinger never discussed what would happen if she was impregnated by Ramsay in between the time she married him and the time Stannis would show up to rescue her. That seems like a curious omission.

Well, I don't think that Sansa was supposed to wed Ramsay before LF returned, and since he didn't know about Ramsay's nature (because... show Ramsay is weirdly good at hiding his sadism?), he probably didn't think it was a possibility.

everyone is tricked by ramsay. question: has iwan rheon been in anything else? or is this the only show that he's been in?

There is a British show called Misfits. He was there too.

Well, can you really blame her since even Littlefinger is that stupid? Ramsay said to LF he would never hurt her and he believed it. LF told Sansa that Ramsay had fallen for her. If LF is tricked by Ramsay, what hope can Sansa have?

God, that is even worse...

everyone is tricked by ramsay. question: has iwan rheon been in anything else? or is this the only show that he's been in?

Hes been in some British shows. Misfits, and this other one i cant recall the name of. (some supernatural horror/crime show)

I do not think anyone wishes that Sansa, on top of everything else that she has gone through and continues to go through, wishes her to get pregnant by Ramsay. The hints, the foreshadowing is enormous. It would make her character even more tragic and apparently Sansa is the show writters favorite target.

This isn't rocket science, honestly. Try to keep up.

LOL, no, my point exactly. I was surprised anyone would actually argue some convoluted skills needed for coming to such conclusion. Two people having sex could have a child? Eureka...

Regarding pregnancy, I am not sure what purpose would that have. But, this is Game of Thrones, and purposefulness of something has never been this show's forte.

Archived