[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XVII - On her own

Mladen

It's not so much of undoing seasons of character development, at least the way I see it:

At the wedding night, she chickens out. She knows what she should do, but can't bring herself to do it. Character gets a setback, suffers greatly.

But, and here's the deal, the effects of that setback is like training a space cadet in space fighterbombers and once he finishes the academy and he's off to fight the Great Interstellar War, you send him to a fight to the death... with swords. The training you gave the character doesn't work for the challenges the character would have to overcome. Which leads to the question of, why did you train him in that to begin with?

I think both...While I certainly agree that the "glove doesn't fit" and as I said before, this was a poorly plotted and planned story where Sansa was substituted for Jeyne, I also think we've seen a reversion back to Season 1 Sansa. What was the whole point of Darth Sansa and her newfound confidence? In the books she's using it to win over Harry the Heir and play her own game.

As you've said, Ramsay already has everything he wants from her. She has no cards left to play, and can't win Ramsay over. It's Season 1/2 all over again.

Ramsay is a psycho. Psychos are good at hiding things. who knows if littlefinger is going to come back to winterfell.

Wait, does anyone actually believe that Ramsay was successful in hiding his nature? Or Joffrey as for that matter?

Same with Olenna, the fact that we had Sansa, and LF's intelligence going down for like 50%, doesn't mean Ramsay was so difficult to figure out.

I don't think there's pregnancy on the way, as I'm thinking she'll have to meet up at some part with her book!storyline. Sansa still has friends in the North. Can these friends crown her? Her storyline seems headed for her killing someone (If she doesn't kill Ramsay, she's going to at least hurt him to escape.)

There's also something about Sansa being in Winterfell, so I believe she's going to Winterfell back again. Jon's death might stop her from going there, so she'll find her friends on her own.

I think she takes the beating to keep Winterfell, especially if she can get Theon to open up that her brothers survived.

This isn't rocket science, honestly. Try to keep up.

On another note, speculating about something happening isn't the same as wanting it to happen. I wasn't thrilled at the idea of a Sansa/Jeyne mashup when the theory was floating around before Season 5 aired, but when I added up the evidence, I became an early adopter and was proven right. That's what happens when you pay attention, and while I wasn't happy at being proven right per se, especially since I accurately predicted that Sansa would be tormented and abused as Jeyne was, I can't say I didn't enjoy laughing at everyone who'd sneered elaborately about how delusional I was for believing the theory, just as I'm laughing at you now for essentially sticking your fingers in your ears.

Adding up what is given to us through, clips, interviews and our own idea of the book flow. you are correct in your assesments. As is our thought on her becomming pregnant.

I have thought all along they would add a Sansa pregnancy when she was revealed to take the Jeyne Poole route. Jeyne was a fake and GRRM had her as a fill in to help Theon. Dumb and Dumber like to ramp up everything. Based on everything else they are doing to Sansa, I do not see how they could resist this other belittlement of her show character.

Well, if Book Sansa gets pregnant by HTH, that would explain their apparent eagerness to have Sansa raped. It is true that if Book Sweetrobin dies, a HTH pregnancy would be very different for plot purposes than a TV Ramsay pregnancy, since in that case Sansa would be carrying the heir to the Vale, but I'm not convinced that he will. Minus the rape, TV Sansa could wind up how I imagine Book Sansa could wind up: pregnant with a politically useless baby, widowed, and at Winterfell.

I could be giving the writers too much credit. Maybe they just wanted Sansa raped because it would be "edgy," or they wanted to mash up storylines and couldn't be bothered to differentiate Sansa from Jeyne. I doubt it, though. I think there was a reason the writers seemed to bend over backwards to make Sansa/Ramsay happen, and I think it has something to do with Sansa's book plot.

Adding up what is given to us through, clips, interviews and our own idea of the book flow. you are correct in your assesments. As is our thought on her becomming pregnant.

I didn't come up with the Sansa/Jeyne mashup theory, far from it, but when the evidence started adding up, I went to bat for it, and I took a lot of shit for it, as I recall.

Best moment of the episode. One of the only good ones. I've been worried they wouldn't include the Pink Letter, but this seemed like a giant flashing neon sign that some version of it will be included. Happy with that.

I was too! It made me excited to think about a possible reunion. There's only one thing though...and I realized this after I posted what I did. Didn't Theon kill all the ravens that fly to and from WF? If that's the case, Sansa would have to sneak a letter to someone to she trusted in hopes of them successfully delivering it to the Wall for Jon.

I don't get how sansa is going to revenge her famiy. The only thing that i think of is killing roose and ramsay while they are sleeping. She can't even do that since she locked in the room.

Ramsay i do not think sleeps in the same bed with her, he comes at night to try and get a child in her, then leaves, probably to Myranda or sleep in peace. If Sansa is going to maime Ramsay, it will be in a sexual situation. They have already set the table for that. He comes to her every night. It will happen, you wait.

I think Ramsay was sitting in the abandoned tower, eating as if it was his hangout when Reek opened the door, he was caught and confessed because he had to. Maybe I was wrong but the dinner when Ramsay spouted "the North Remembers" just made me think he knows about the old lady. Also, no Myranda, that was odd.

:agree:

I was too! It made me excited to think about a possible reunion. There's only one thing though...and I realized this after I posted what I did. Didn't Theon kill all the ravens that fly to and from WF? If that's the case, Sansa would have to sneak a letter to someone to she trusted in hopes of them successfully delivering it to the Wall for Jon.

did I miss something when did theon kill the ravens?

Well, if Book Sansa gets pregnant by HTH, that would explain their apparent eagerness to have Sansa raped. It is true that if Book Sweetrobin dies, a HTH pregnancy would be very different for plot purposes than a TV Ramsay pregnancy, since in that case Sansa would be carrying the heir to the Vale, but I'm not convinced that he will. Minus the rape, TV Sansa could wind up how I imagine Book Sansa could wind up: pregnant with a politically useless baby, widowed, and at Winterfell.

I, unfortunately, follow this line of thinking myself. Sansa getting pregnant really isn't that unlikely - it was actually part of Martin's original synopsis (which, admittedly he's strayed from a lot). I'd love it if that weren't the case, specifically on the show, but that's definitely what I see being hinted at. They mention Ramsay being able to have a child and that she's being raped 'every night.' I mean, it's not a done deal, but it's definitely a possibility. A lot of the dialogue seems to be hinting that way - and the flash to Gilly's baby, as others have pointed out.

I wonder if Sansa might "fake" a pregnancy to give herself some "breathing room" from Ramsay. Although, I am sure they may have the maester confirm but it might get her some space in the castle too. Who knows?

I predicted it too.

But you are looking at things that arent there. The rapes are just there to make us hate Ramsay more & root for Sansa & Theon. Thats it.

Jeyne is not pregnant, so Sansa wont be either. She will escape WF and either -

Back to the Vale lol

Castle Black, Jon Snow --- I will pick this option because i want a Stark reunion now. They have already foreshadowed this too.

Goes with Theon to the Kingsmoot

Stannis

Pick your choice.

And if she does get pregnant [very unlikely ], she will kill the baby just like Cersei did. It cant affect the plot at all since Ramsay & Sansa will never meet in the books.

But they're not following the books word for word, which means they won't be following Jeyne Poole's storyline exactly like the way it was in the book either. Sansa could very well escape, but she could also stay at Winterfell. The books and the show are two completely different things, so going by what happend in the book alone is a one sided thing. They want to keep the show thrilling and exciting, and they do that by mixing and changing story arcs.

I, unfortunately, follow this line of thinking myself. Sansa getting pregnant really isn't that unlikely - it was actually part of Martin's original synopsis (which, admittedly he's strayed from a lot). I'd love it if that weren't the case, specifically on the show, but that's definitely what I see being hinted at. They mention Ramsay being able to have a child and that she's being raped 'every night.' I mean, it's not a done deal, but it's definitely a possibility. A lot of the dialogue seems to be hinting that way - and the flash to Gilly's baby, as others have pointed out.

Yes, the outline is something else to consider. Outline Sansa bore Joffrey's child and was widowed when Joffrey was murdered. (It's not exactly clear what happens to Sansa and the kid after, since there's some bit about Outline Jaime murdering everyone ahead of him in line for the throne, which would presumably include Sansa's kid.) As you say, a lot was changed since the outline--see Outline Jaime murdering everyone ahead of him in line for the throne, among other things--but Book Sansa getting pregnant and being widowed remains highly plausible.

I wonder if Sansa might "fake" a pregnancy to give herself some "breathing room" from Ramsay. Although, I am sure they may have the maester confirm but it might get her some space in the castle too. Who knows?

When he goes off to fight stannis she will have time to herself. inless she goes with him.

I predicted it too.

But you are looking at things that arent there. The rapes are just there to make us hate Ramsay more & root for Sansa & Theon. Thats it.

Jeyne is not pregnant, so Sansa wont be either. She will escape WF and either -

Back to the Vale lol

Castle Black, Jon Snow --- I will pick this option because i want a Stark reunion now. They have already foreshadowed this too.

Goes with Theon to the Kingsmoot

Stannis

Pick your choice.

And if she does get pregnant [very unlikely ], she will kill the baby just like Cersei did. It cant affect the plot at all since Ramsay & Sansa will never meet in the books.

She either stay at WF and send Jon a letter...or really escapes and will go there.Judging by those trailers Boltons will definitely try to attack Stannis and co.Those burning tents and Mel's horryfying look.I just doubt we're gonna see a Stark reunion.She'll most likely make it there,if her grand escape is in show.

Archived