Resurrection: Who will do it? (Book spoiler potential)

Viper Hound

I started re-watching the show a few weeks ago now that I finished the books. There seems to be boat loads of foreshadowing of events that have happened this season (it's kind of fun to go, ah hah! When they pop up).

I just finished re-watching the episode when Mel takes Gendry. I really suspect she is NOT going to be the one to resurrect Jon. She specifically mentions Thoros should not be able to bring Beric back, and the look on her face screams "I can't do that." I also think there is something to her hair color being dark near the wall. Maybe an indication she losses what powers she has in the north (yes I know the face swap that happens in the book negates my theory, but this is my show theory).

So who is going to bring him back? Since this is the story of fire and ice, I'm going with the Night King. I think Jon is going to get some blue eyes soon.

I'm half torn between he doesn't actually die and is just really hurt or Mel does bring him back by burning Shireen. And either Stannis dies and she thinks burning her will bring him back but it actually bring backs Jon or she takes her and burns her without telling Stannis. And then he kills her.

Either way I think this will be the spoiler of the season since book 6 is supposed to be out in early 2016 I dont think they will reveal the R+L=J just yet.

what makes people so sure that there will be a resurrection ....he may sevearly injured and comatose

it times to come to terms with what will be in the actual book and fan theories

LOL. Yeah, I keep saying he's not going to die, but nobody listens.

Personally, I prefer less use of resurrection 'magic' and more use of common sense. Jon can be seriously injured, and in his injured state, perhaps Bran will contact him with the story of his parentage, or Jon can warg into Ghost, then connect with Bran or .... obvs there are many ways this can happen. But I really don't want to see magic - again.

And if there is to be magic, I want the old god magic, not Mel magic. Jon holds with the old gods, so it should come from them.

I started re-watching the show a few weeks ago now that I finished the books. There seems to be boat loads of foreshadowing of events that have happened this season (it's kind of fun to go, ah hah! When they pop up).

I just finished re-watching the episode when Mel takes Gendry. I really suspect she is NOT going to be the one to resurrect Jon. She specifically mentions Thoros should not be able to bring Beric back, and the look on her face screams "I can't do that." I also think there is something to her hair color being dark near the wall. Maybe an indication she losses what powers she has in the north (yes I know the face swap that happens in the book negates my theory, but this is my show theory).

So who is going to bring him back? Since this is the story of fire and ice, I'm going with the Night King. I think Jon is going to get some blue eyes soon.

Yea, I remember that scene too, and thought it was an indication that she can't do resurrections.

So that just leaves Jon just being dead or not being dead at all for me, which is what I hope. I like ASOIAF because it doesn't overuse magic. but if they do a Jon resurrection, it may be over the top for me.

I just like how Jon's eye colour for his awakening is quite significant.

Will they be Walker blue ?

Will they be warg white ?

Will they be R'hllor red ?

Or will they simply remain Stark brown ?

I just like how Jon's eye colour for his awakening is quite significant.

Will they be Walker blue ?

Will they be warg white ?

Will they be R'hllor red ?

Or will they simply remain Stark brown ?

i believe he is going to warg at the moment just before his death...his body could then be used in next season trailers as if he were in a coma...

while warged he will learn many things...such as brans and rickon's escape, and since bran can see out of the weirwood, he knows sansa is at winterfell, he will learn nymeria is alive and discover ayra is as well. also he will be able to travel in the north and discover how to deal with walkers...

Archived