Penny Dreadful III: Be my Little Scorpion [spoilers]

Ramsay B.

I'm guessing Sembene was not just a slaver ... but a Pharaoh. I think this is not the first time he died. He'll rise again as a Mummy. As long as Malcolm survives to wraps him in bandages and do whatever ritual needed to help out his friend. Malcolm probably dug him up the first time.

YES PLEASE. SEMBENE CAN'T BE DEAD.

Great episode and I CRACKED UP at "shes gone!" "Oh for fucks sake" i had to replay it like 5 times because the delivery was awesome.

Poor victor :( i love vanessa so much - she's so strong and kind.

Is that all Ethan is ever going to look like in wolf form??? Or is he going to unlock some TURBO WULF achievement and become a terrifying werewolf type creature???? Or is he just gonna have the wolfman appearence????

YES PLEASE. SEMBENE CAN'T BE DEAD.

Great episode and I CRACKED UP at "shes gone!" "Oh for fucks sake" i had to replay it like 5 times because the delivery was awesome.

Poor victor :( i love vanessa so much - she's so strong and kind.

Is that all Ethan is ever going to look like in wolf form??? Or is he going to unlock some TURBO WULF achievement and become a terrifying werewolf type creature???? Or is he just gonna have the wolfman appearence????

I think they are going to stick with Wolfman appearance, rather than the CGI werewolf type. The show seems to do better with make-up, design etc. than with CGI.

Loved the "she's gone" but too :lol: And Lyle's "Surely you jest" was great too. I loved how in such a tense episode they managed to inject some humour while still managing to keep it natural and unforced.

If anyone kills Hecate it should be Ethan. Though I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Evelyn dies (Helen :crying: Damn, she will be a miss) and Hecate lives somehow.

Also, I watched the preview for next week, and the official clip. I have to say that it seemed a bit spoiler-y to me.

I mean, we see Lyle and Frankenstein in what looks like a carriage, so seemingly they survive. And Banessa and Ethan look like they are back in Sir Malcom's house too. I guess the real question marks are Sembene and Sir Malcom - do either of them live? I think Sembene is gone, and Sir Malcom might die, or if he survives he will be very fragile, broken almost.

Dorian and Lilly waltzing and leaving a trail of blood looked intriguing I must say.

I doubt things will end well for the Putneys...

Hope we get more Inspector Phantom-Limb next week

Given that they were drawing inspiration from the 1930s Wolfman movie, I think he'll stay as he is. Apparently his "real name" of Lawrence Talbot is an homage to the Wolfman movies as well.

Just saw the episode last night and it was one of the most enjoyable hours of TV I've had in a very long while. Everything about it was just great and I can't wait until the finale next week!

I like the idea that Sembene is going to be the mummy.

He better be dead. True Detective and Penny Dreadful, in the same week no less, pulling the old 'oh you thought he was dead? Well turns out he was wearing neck armor/bullet proof vest the whole time' switcheroo is boring and is lazy writing to boot. Not every death has to be a Jon Snow death.

I can't decide what I'd prefer but I can't help think that Dorian is either "housing" Lucifer inside his body (his "ancient" answer to Lily/Brona in this last weeks episode seemed more like something speaking through Dorian) OR he is simply, the Devil, biding his time until he can make a serious move on Vanessa--hence his boredom with life and giving no craps about what people see in him or think about him.

Dorian, the real soul of Dorian, is chained to the portrait, something else inhabits the body.

---the whole split up and search thing reminded me of Scooby Doo.... Lyle & Victor is not exactly a fearsome tag team LOL.... Ethan: "I'll take the only other person who is of any use in a fight.... you two try not to get killed"

LMAO was thinking exactly the same when they were exploring the haunted house. Damn I friggin love Lyle, they better not kill him off!

He better be dead. True Detective and Penny Dreadful, in the same week no less, pulling the old 'oh you thought he was dead? Well turns out he was wearing neck armor/bullet proof vest the whole time' switcheroo is boring and is lazy writing to boot. Not every death has to be a Jon Snow death.

Yeah, but, we are missing The Mummy in terms of the stock Victorian monsters, aren't we? Also, not Showtime's fault if Colin F isn't dead, which I am sure he isn't dead. LOL.

ETA...I think you guys are wrong about Dorian=Lucifer, but I could be wrong also. So, far he's the same guy from the novel, no reason to think he's that evil.

Sembene lives!!

(The True Detective talk should probably be in spoilers)^^

Yeah, but, we are missing The Mummy in terms of the stock Victorian monsters, aren't we? Also, not Showtime's fault if Colin F isn't dead, which I am sure he isn't dead. LOL.

ETA...I think you guys are wrong about Dorian=Lucifer, but I could be wrong also. So, far he's the same guy from the novel, no reason to think he's that evil.

I'm not convinced he is Lucifer either. But I believe he is a thrall of Lucifer because he sold his soul to him. As for the 'Ancient' line, that fits the Dorian of the novel too iirc. He doesn't age from.what i remember. The bigger question is whether Lily has some sort of demon or something in her, or if her actions are just the result of being dehumanised all her life as a prostiture where she would have been abused and badly treated and then being brought back to life only ti be the plaything of two men.

What was the Egyptian myth again? Was it another version of Brother Gregory's ranting, or something else? Could Dorian and Lily fit that?

I'm not convinced he is Lucifer either. But I believe he is a thrall of Lucifer because he sold his soul to him. As for the 'Ancient' line, that fits the Dorian of the novel too iirc. He doesn't age from.what i remember. The bigger question is whether Lily has some sort of demon or something in her, or if her actions are just the result of being dehumanised all her life as a prostiture where she would have been abused and badly treated and then being brought back to life only ti be the plaything of two men.

What was the Egyptian myth again? Was it another version of Brother Gregory's ranting, or something else? Could Dorian and Lily fit that?

I hope there is no demon in Lily, that would be really inconsistent with frankenstein and the other two creations, it makes much more sense that she had a different take on herself than his prior creations, she's the third, she remembers more, she's the most human, and so, she decides to use the power she now has to take revenge on men and humanity. It's a great twist on the story and would be kind of ruined if that isn't really "Lily" saying fuck it, I am going evil in return for the evil that was done to me but an outside force controlling her.

The show can make Dorian older than he was in the novel without turning him into an actual demon, but it would make sense that he could be used as some type of conduit for demons/evil since presumably that power of granting gifts in return for your soul is all coming from the same source..the devil.

Dorian, the real soul of Dorian, is chained to the portrait, something else inhabits the body.

Yes, that's where I'm leaning as well.

ETA: it might also fit with the Egyptian myth Lyle spoke of in the first season, about Amon Ra (the Hidden One)--if the Devil is literally hiding inside of Dorian. Also, what John Claire said about how the Devil is seduction--which is what Dorian has been doing all along, seducing and toying.

The show seems to be creating its own rich mythology that is transcending the actual stories of these literary characters we know.

Also, what John Claire said about how the Devil is seduction--which is what Dorian has been doing all along, seducing and toying.

That reminds me: what JC said about when the Devil knocks on your door - well, he left out the part where he was the one who insisted on creating that "door" in the first place.

Regarding the video preview for next week

Pausing at some notable moments, there is a shot of what looks like Ethan striking a woman (who looks like Vanessa, though we can only see her from behind so I could be wrong)

Lyle and Frankenstein standing behind Sir Malcom as he shoots at someone/thing (the witch that pinned Lyle?)

Dorian and Lily are soaked in blood from the top down. On my first look I thought it was just their feet. Looks like they've had some, uh...fun...

Kali's batshit crazy face is still not entirely clear, though it looks like she is branspdishing that knife she was sharpening this episode.

The shot of the fiery pentacle has the puppets strewn across the room as though they have been knocked off their shelves.

That reminds me: what JC said about when the Devil knocks on your door - well, he left out the part where he was the one who insisted on creating that "door" in the first place.

Oh yes very good point. Be careful what you wish for!

Archived