Penny Dreadful III: Be my Little Scorpion [spoilers]

Ramsay B.

I'm guessing Sembene was not just a slaver ... but a Pharaoh. I think this is not the first time he died. He'll rise again as a Mummy. As long as Malcolm survives to wraps him in bandages and do whatever ritual needed to help out his friend. Malcolm probably dug him up the first time.

OMG I rather LOVE this idea!!

I thought that was a great episode.

It was good to have Ethan and Vanessa back with the gang, but oh boy, what an opening sequence they had. I was actually a little surprised at Vanessa being so hands on in the fist fight. Yikes, girlfriend took some blows. It was awesome how when the guy got the knife and bought it down towards Vanessa, Ethan jumped in the way taking the blow, only to fall and begin the process of kicking the guys head in.

Though he's still got the shadow of the law looming over him because that detective sounds dedicated and motivated.

I was shocked at Brona/Lily and Dorian. I wonder how long that alliance will last. I was surprised he was willing to be submissive but than I remembered he is a completely selfish creature and being submissive is not something he is often. He'll do anything if it brings some novelty to proceedings.

Loved the scene between Victor and Vanessa. It's a surprising pairing for so many reasons to me. His inexperience coupled with her experience, She's buried in the supernatural while he's buried in science, she's composed to the point of coldness while I think Victor is inwardly a truly cold person. Yet I buy their friendship and fondness for each other.

Sembene, it was cool to get some more backstory on him. I don't need everything spelled out but it's appropriate that in his own way, he's just as big a monster as everyone else in that house (slave trader). The promo posters were right. It showed all of the characters with the slogan "There's some THING within us all". There all human monsters. It was also touching hearing him say in this house he's seen "Kindness from unkind people". I think he's dead. I thought it showed Wolf!Ethan ripping his throat out. I loved Sembene but I don't mind. If all of the characters are ever truly safe I know for a fact I'll lose interest.

Oh I forgot to mention the Victor and Vanessa scene. They are really brother-sister at this point; Malcolm's children to "replace" Peter and Mina. I disagree that Victor is an inwardly cold person, truly. I think he was severely traumatized by the loss of his mother (her coughing up blood on him and gasping for air) and thus turned to the cold and analytical world of science to help him cope. But never forget that in the very opening episode of the series, it's Victor who speaks of poetry and the ephemeral and quotes Shakespeare to Vanessa. What is his search for life everlasting if not a way to rectify the death of his beloved mother (his first "thee and me")? That's not the hallmark of a truly cold person but someone who feels quite deeply.

Though he's still got the shadow of the law looming over him because that detective sounds dedicated and motivated.

That detective could be a great asset to them if he could be brought around without Ethan having to pay some steep price.

Don't think anyone has posted these yet:

the trailer for the S2 finale!

First official clip for finale

Also, question: are we POSITIVE that Dorian Grey isn't Lucifer?! Cause, I was watching S1 today and there are ....hints? Like when the Devil first comes to Vanessa in the flashback episode, she sees him first through a mirror--in fact, mirrors keep popping up all over the place, specifically in that episode. Vanessa puts mirrors behind the eyes of her dead creatures to give them life. She would put mirrors behind the whole world if she could. And Dorian's hallway that leads to his painting chamber is nothing but mirrors; he spends most of his life trying to capture the essence of life through painting, art, photography, the idea being that these "mirror" images capture life (which is what Vanessa was doing).

And now in

the trailer for the finale, Dorian is dressed in all white and dancing in blood--did anyone else catch that?? It seems to keep with certain Milton-esque ideas of the Devil, one being his more "beautiful" nature.

Don't think anyone has posted these yet:

the trailer for the S2 finale!

First official clip for finale

Also, question: are we POSITIVE that Dorian Grey isn't Lucifer?! Cause, I was watching S1 today and there are ....hints? Like when the Devil first comes to Vanessa in the flashback episode, she sees him first through a mirror--in fact, mirrors keep popping up all over the place, specifically in that episode. Vanessa puts mirrors behind the eyes of her dead creatures to give them life. She would put mirrors behind the whole world if she could. And Dorian's hallway that leads to his painting chamber is nothing but mirrors; he spends most of his life trying to capture the essence of life through painting, art, photography, the idea being that these "mirror" images capture life (which is what Vanessa was doing).

And now in

the trailer for the finale, Dorian is dressed in all white and dancing in blood--did anyone else catch that?? It seems to keep with certain Milton-esque ideas of the Devil, one being his more "beautiful" nature.

I'm not positive he isn't, but for myself, I'd rather Lucifer remain an unseen presence.

I'm not positive he isn't, but for myself, I'd rather Lucifer remain an unseen presence.

I can't decide what I'd prefer but I can't help think that Dorian is either "housing" Lucifer inside his body (his "ancient" answer to Lily/Brona in this last weeks episode seemed more like something speaking through Dorian) OR he is simply, the Devil, biding his time until he can make a serious move on Vanessa--hence his boredom with life and giving no craps about what people see in him or think about him.

Worth watching again and again for that one brief shot of Kali about to do some batshit crazy violence on something.

I mean seriously. I got goosebumps seeing that quick glimpse after the episode.

I absolutely loved the last episode too. There's so much crazy shit going on, it's gonna be such a long wait to season 3. I did laugh when they decided to split up and send Viktor and Lyle to go in with each other, like really? The mummy theory is a pretty good one too, I'm hoping that Sembene isn't done for.

---Vanessa took some Trish Stratus bumps in that opening scene

---I'm really curious to see what happens with Brona & Dorian.... D's story arc got very interesting in the past few episodes...

---Clare's revenge will be a joy to watch

---the whole split up and search thing reminded me of Scooby Doo.... Lyle & Victor is not exactly a fearsome tag team LOL.... Ethan: "I'll take the only other person who is of any use in a fight.... you two try not to get killed"

--- I get the feeling that V is setting up Narcissa ... just a feeling

---I'm really curious to see what happens with Brona & Dorian.... D's story arc got very interesting in the past few episodes...

---the whole split up and search thing reminded me of Scooby Doo.... Lyle & Victor is not exactly a fearsome tag team LOL.... Ethan: "I'll take the only other person who is of any use in a fight.... you two try not to get killed"

I assumed Ethan wanted Sembene with him in case he turned into the wolf. Which didn't work out so well....

Mr. Lyle hunting witches with a Derringer is my favorite thing ever! :D

That was bizarre although we know why they paired them off like that.

I agree that pairing Lyle and Victor together was weird, but oddly hilarious in a "yeah, that will end well" sort of way.

I assumed Ethan wanted Sembene with him in case he turned into the wolf. Which didn't work out so well....

Mr. Lyle hunting witches with a Derringer is my favorite thing ever! :D

YES

Oh my :wideeyed: That was another great episode. Lily definitely seems somewhat, uh, demonic. Definitely think something hitched a ride back to life with her...I'm liking the idea of her as Mother of Darkness more and more. Also, Dorian gave even more of an impression of being a dark character this week, which is good.

Roper's face was gruesome...Loved he opening fight though.

*Ethan proffers gun to Lyle* "Surely you jest?" :lol:

I love Hecate, as a villain I mean. She's grown on me since the beginning of the season. The scene with her and Evelyn was great.

Well, never thought I could feel sorry for Caliban but damn, I do.

Oh, and I knew (or had a strong suspicion) that the doll would talk. I watched one of the videos about making the dolls, and they mentioned they were basically functioning marionette dolls, with the moving mouth. Seems pointless to have a moving mouth if they wont speak.

I liked hearing Sembene's inner demon. And, sadly, i think he is dead :(

I like the theory of Dorian being a channel for Lucifer - it would explain that explosive sex scene between him and Vanessa in Season 1.

Loved tonight's episode again but I am in deep mourning for Sembene. . The scene between Kali and Hecate was brilliant. The directors get the atmosphere spot on. It's theatrical gold, this show.

Also, Has Lily known she was Brona from the start? Has she been playing Victor all along? Is Vanessa being the one Lucifer needs a huge misdirection? I now have more questions than answers, which is great going into Season 3.

Archived