Penny Dreadful III: Be my Little Scorpion [spoilers]

Ramsay B.

Yes I was wondering if the show might go that route as well. Logan gave a great interview after the finale and one answer really stood out to me, about Vanessa burning that cross--for the first time in her life, Vanessa is living a life without God. She's chosen to embrace who she is, angel and demon, and go on without her faith in God. So, in the trajectory of the TV show, I imagine that this means acts that would have given Vanessa pause beforehand will now be easier for her to accomplish because she's not worrying about her soul or God's judgement. Which means, potentially, there are no lines she won't cross and once you start that descent, it's hard to stop. Should the show get renewed for season four (fingers crossed) I can see them making Vanessa + Lucifer + Dracula an evil trio of Big Bads.

So then one can say, Lucifer actually won the battle with Vanessa.

Just re watched and man, that was a bleak season finale. Like, yay, we beat Lucifer, but, uh, no-one has a happy ending, sorry, bye! :(

I also love how the whole Witches Mansion was almost a subversion of the Damsel in Distress. Starts of with the "Damsel" (Vanessa) going in to rescue the "Dashing Hero" (Sir Malcom). Then it has the Macho Manly Men (and A Queen With Fabulous Hair) going in to try and help her only to bumble about and more or less get saved by Vanessa (I mean, Malcom and Victor were goners if she hadn't triumphed).

Did you skip the first season? Who do you think is the most fab character?

Opinions are opinions, but there is only one correct answer to that question

ETA: your member title needs to be changed to Queen with Fabulous Hair :p

No, Lucifer didn't get his bride, so he won't be conquering heaven any time soon.

Edit: but the war isn't over

I think Inie meant that if Vanessa embraced her darkness and became a big bad, then Lucifer has more or less won. Though I suppose Vanessa being a big bad separate from Lucifer means he still loses. (I don't personally think she'll go big bad though. I think she's just going to be desperate, lonely, lost. She has accepted that she has this darkness within her, but that doesn't mean she is going to let it take over her.)

So then one can say, Lucifer actually won the battle with Vanessa.

Yeah I don't think Lucifer is going to give up easily.

No, Lucifer didn't get his bride, so he won't be conquering heaven any time soon.

Edit: but the war isn't over

Exactly

Opinions are opinions, but there is only one correct answer to that question

ETA: your member title needs to be changed to Queen with Fabulous Hair :P

I second this.

I think Inie meant that if Vanessa embraced her darkness and became a big bad, then Lucifer has more or less won. Though I suppose Vanessa being a big bad separate from Lucifer means he still loses. (I don't personally think she'll go big bad though. I think she's just going to be desperate, lonely, lost. She has accepted that she has this darkness within her, but that doesn't mean she is going to let it take over her.)

More or less. My interpretation is since Vanessa has left God behind, her defenses against Lucifer are weaker. So Lucifer may have won that battle in a sense.

Some things happened that were hard. Then, at the last, puppetry.

Predictions:

• Vanessa will be replaced by the puppet for several weeks next year and her friends won't notice the switch, due to a powerful spell hanging over the free roaming puppet.
  • Family Strife to the rescue. Mother vs. Daughter in the house of evil is a mirroring of how there's family spats between Lucifer and his Bro too. Mayhaps one of our witches will even side with each of the Devil Brothers, so that the entire thing becomes a house divided that cannot stand, and it all crumbles allowing our heroes to crawl out of the rubble.
  • That blind girl is blind to how she just made a terrible mistake by peaving the monster.
  • There will be more sex. But it'll be weird so it's not necessarily a plus.
  • I'd like to see the faerie world done by this production.

Does anyone remember the tarot card Ethan drew from Vanessa's cards in season 1? It was called 'lovers' and it showed a scorpion on top of some lips, so it kind of foreshadowed their relationship.

Does anyone remember the tarot card Ethan drew from Vanessa's cards in season 1? It was called 'lovers' and it showed a scorpion on top of some lips, so it kind of foreshadowed their relationship.

Yep.

I lost it at Vanessa's happy dream being MARRIED WITH CHILDREN to ETHAN

Ughhhhhhhhh so cruel I couldn't stop crying

I think Hayyoth is right about the zombie thing but if Logan wants a mummy then there will be a mummy and I'll be happy that it's Sembene and not worry about him not being Egyptian.

The music playing in the dancing scene was beautiful, loved the blood on white clothes.

Actually felt for Caliban and I like that he doesn't seem to want to follow Lily's plan and is instead afraid of her. I want him to eventually team up with Victor and genuinely be as ''good'' as he can be.

Is it wrong that I'd totally be rooting for Lily and Dorian in this scenario?

I would be torn! I mean, I love Victor but Lily and Dorian were just so *awesome* in that final scene. I want more of them, going on a rampage through London, blood flowing in their wake.

I'm not sure about Sembene being a mummy, but he does seem to be an amalgamation of many different parts. I've thought about his one talk with Ethan about becoming the sum of parts, i.e. the leopard, monkey, etc. I'm thinking if he comes back it is due to reincarnation in which he retains the sums of his past lives. However, I have been known to talk out my ass, so don't quote me on it. :)

I'm so torn on my feelings for Victor because I kind of really love him at this point but I also don't like him in a lot of ways but tbh the love is kinda winning over.

Which is hilarious because anyone who knows me well knows that my LEAST FAVOURITE LITERARY CHARACTER OF ALL TIME IS VICTOR FRANKENSTEIN

I would be torn! I mean, I love Victor but Lily and Dorian were just so *awesome* in that final scene. I want more of them, going on a rampage through London, blood flowing in their wake.

It won't be a rampage, it will be an elegant, stately waltz, and they will look glorious throughout :D (I have a bit of a weakness for the "upper class" villains).

I'm so torn on my feelings for Victor because I kind of really love him at this point but I also don't like him in a lot of ways but tbh the love is kinda winning over.

Which is hilarious because anyone who knows me well knows that my LEAST FAVOURITE LITERARY CHARACTER OF ALL TIME IS VICTOR FRANKENSTEIN

Yeah, I still have problems with him and his possessiveness over "Lily". Yes, turns out she was already hell bent on revenge against a world that had treated her as property and dehumanised her, but Victor didn't know that. In the finale he showed his possessive, jealous streak was still there, going to Dorian's mansion to take Liky back (afaik he was unaware of her true nature at this point).

However, I did feel very sorry for him at the end, when he realised that he had unleashed this horror upon the world, and that he was alone again. Also felt a bit of a pang that his "first born" didn't even say goodbye.

Actually, I wonder how they plan to bring Caliban back into this. He's fled to the Arctic, how can he possibly be brought back into the fold from there?

Archived