Penny Dreadful III: Be my Little Scorpion [spoilers]

Ramsay B.

oh I like hecate!! And loved her singing of the unquiet grave as she burns down the castle and leaves the only survivor of the witches. Shes very interesting and i want to know what her deal is. She also isnt a bad actor at all so im wondering where that accusation is coming from from a couple of the posters here.

If I had to guess...probably because her main (only) mode seems to be teenage rebellion. And hissing. Lots of hissing.

Anyway, I'm wondering just how Lily/Brona plans on taking on "this sorry world". I'm assuming it consists more than her going on about how beautiful and indestructible she and Dorian are.

I can see the following as possibilities:

-Brona and Dorian are creatures of science and magic respectively. They may try to combine the two to gain power. This might cause them to drag Victor and Vanessa into their plot for world domination.

-They try to make more Created, or seek out more "monsters" to recruit. Again, this might bring them back to Vanessa.

-They simply bide their time, investing into various projects to gain wealth while keeping up with technological development. They could become the most learned people on Earth, though academic pursuits don't seem to necessarily be Dorian's interest as he could've been doing this already.

I can see the following as possibilities:

-Brona and Dorian are creatures of science and magic respectively. They may try to combine the two to gain power. This might cause them to drag Victor and Vanessa into their plot for world domination.

-They try to make more Created, or seek out more "monsters" to recruit. Again, this might bring them back to Vanessa.

-They simply bide their time, investing into various projects to gain wealth while keeping up with technological development. They could become the most learned people on Earth, though academic pursuits don't seem to necessarily be Dorian's interest as he could've been doing this already.

One and two could be combined.

I don't think Clare was upset over killing the Putneys. He was upset that humanity was so cruel.

Theda, yes, loved the end scene with her. It was a callback to episode one where they introduced Evelyn bathing in blood by panning through the house as she sang the Unquiet Grave

hahahaha you don't have to remind me. I watched that witches sequence if the premier episode (the singing and winding through the castle, bathing in blood, memento mori speech ) about twenty times and went to find like 5 different versions of the unquiet grave on youtube that i loved

If I had to guess...probably because her main (only) mode seems to be teenage rebellion. And hissing. Lots of hissing.

she only hissed a couple times and i fail to see why that and the way her character was written as a young woman living in her mothers shadow for too long make the actress a bad one so try again

she only hissed a couple times and i fail to see why that and the way her character was written as a young woman living in her mothers shadow for too long make the actress a bad one so try again

Agreed. I honestly don't understand why people are so bothered by the hissing. Such a minor nitpick. Hecate has some big shoes to fill, but I'm excited to see her on her own next season.

Agreed. I honestly don't understand why people are so bothered by the hissing. Such a minor nitpick. Hecate has some big shoes to fill, but I'm excited to see her on her own next season.

Yep. I am really interested to see what kind of role she's going to fufill next season because I don't think she's going to be the next big bad. I think that's reserved for Lily and Dorian and Dracula; so I'm interested to see who she is going to work with and for what purpose.

Yep. I am really interested to see what kind of role she's going to fufill next season because I don't think she's going to be the next big bad. I think that's reserved for Lily and Dorian and Dracula; so I'm interested to see who she is going to work with and for what purpose.

She might only come back at the very end of the season, having found some secret way to bring Lucifer into the world. Then S4 is the big show down of the Dreadfuls vs Lucifer (and the yearly flashback episode can be devoted to Hecate's quest to bring the Dark Prince into the world)

I'm wondering how/when are they going to get everyone back together? Malcolm is easy, no problem there and he will either have Sembene the mummy/voodoo guy or not.

But what are they going to do with Clare in the arctic? And how many episodes will we get of Ethan in the US? or will he never make it there?

I'm wondering how/when are they going to get everyone back together? Malcolm is easy, no problem there and he will either have Sembene the mummy/voodoo guy or not.

But what are they going to do with Clare in the arctic? And how many episodes will we get of Ethan in the US? or will he never make it there?

I think Ethan has to make it to the USA if only so we can meet his father who has been set up from the beginning of the series as a character we'd most likely meet someday for Ethan's character development. At some point, Ethan has to come back because 1) you can't keep the lead male away from the rest of the cast for an entire season and 2) Ethan HAS to see Lily next year, right?! That needs to be a thing?!

As for John Clare, like I said above somewhere, it's most likely that Victor will go in search of him (a la the Shelly book) but without the intention to kill him, rather bring him home so that they can stop Lily together. I'm not sure how Victor will know that Clare is in the Arctic though.

I think Ethan has to make it to the USA if only so we can meet his father who has been set up from the beginning of the series as a character we'd most likely meet someday for Ethan's character development. At some point, Ethan has to come back because 1) you can't keep the lead male away from the rest of the cast for an entire season and 2) Ethan HAS to see Lily next year, right?! That needs to be a thing?!

As for John Clare, like I said above somewhere, it's most likely that Victor will go in search of him (a la the Shelly book) but without the intention to kill him, rather bring him home so that they can stop Lily together. I'm not sure how Victor will know that Clare is in the Arctic though.

Ah, I missed that. That would work, Victor going to find him to enlist his help with Lily, I guess.

It's going to be a challenge for the show having the characters in separate locations though. I'm surprised this show hasn't gained a larger audience given the massive appetite for horror films.

My little pet theory is she continues going after Ethan. She made a big deal about his being the Hound of God and wanting to use his power for herself. It's possible she'll continue along that line.

Alternatively, she goes after Lyle for goin Team Vanessa...doubt this one but who knows.

Ah, I missed that. That would work, Victor going to find him to enlist his help with Lily, I guess.

It's going to be a challenge for the show having the characters in separate locations though. I'm surprised this show hasn't gained a larger audience given the massive appetite for horror films.

It's certainly going to be different. The show has mostly been confined to the Victorian London setting, with brief stints on the moors and Vanessa's childhood home. Having the characters in all these different locations is going to feel strange.

I'm all for the show gaining a larger following, lol. The longer it runs the happier I'll be...

I need Griffin (aka the Invisible Man) to be the new character John Logan teased. I'd be fine with Jekyll/Hyde too, but the Wells novel is just so awesome and underrated and PD could make wonders with the character.

She might only come back at the very end of the season, having found some secret way to bring Lucifer into the world. Then S4 is the big show down of the Dreadfuls vs Lucifer (and the yearly flashback episode can be devoted to Hecate's quest to bring the Dark Prince into the world)

Idk...Lucifer kinda got played out this season. It's funny but I find the Devil on this show a lot less scary than Dracula, and less compelling than Dorian/Lily.

They could go Lovecraftian, have something even worse than the Devil - monsters that predate God.

Idk...Lucifer kinda got played out this season. It's funny but I find the Devil on this show a lot less scary than Dracula, and less compelling than Dorian/Lily.

They could go Lovecraftian, have something even worse than the Devil - monsters that predate God.

Cthulhu rising from the Thames might be kinda awesome.

My little pet theory is she continues going after Ethan. She made a big deal about his being the Hound of God and wanting to use his power for herself. It's possible she'll continue along that line.

Alternatively, she goes after Lyle for goin Team Vanessa...doubt this one but who knows.

It's certainly going to be different. The show has mostly been confined to the Victorian London setting, with brief stints on the moors and Vanessa's childhood home. Having the characters in all these different locations is going to feel strange.

I'm all for the show gaining a larger following, lol. The longer it runs the happier I'll be...

Maybe she helps Ethan escape???

That'd be so neat. :P

I need Griffin (aka the Invisible Man) to be the new character John Logan teased. I'd be fine with Jekyll/Hyde too, but the Wells novel is just so awesome and underrated and PD could make wonders with the character.

Ahh I hope so. I'll be on the look out for gentlemen with albinism. A partner of Victor's, maybe?

Archived