Acrophobia #18 - The Grave Epitaph, Won by Emmit!

Fragile Bird

I was hoping that this fix, upgrade, whatever it was, would enable me to 'search' again.  But no such luck.    :crying:

It's far far better to search on Google, searching Westeros.org.

ETA: Google has it's bots out constantly recording all the threads.

Apparently, anything posted on the site (like this very post here) until the upgrade is re-upgraded will be lost to the Internets forever. I do not know who is hosting the next game, but we definitely need to wait until things are new, sparkly, and running smooth before starting again.

The host always has final say on the new topic, but it is fun coming up with ideas.

It could be quite tricky, but I just imagined an idea where we rewrite a quote from asoiaf, as D&D like to do. Take the context of the scene in question and rewrite the quote using an acronym. It could say the same thing said differently or it could be a completely different interpretation of the scene.

Not sure if it would work but thought I'd hoist it up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes it.

The host always has final say on the new topic, but it is fun coming up with ideas.

It could be quite tricky, but I just imagined an idea where we rewrite a quote from asoiaf, as D&D like to do. Take the context of the scene in question and rewrite the quote using an acronym. It could say the same thing said differently or it could be a completely different interpretation of the scene.

Not sure if it would work but thought I'd hoist it up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes it.

Interesting.  :) A more specific version could be the abridgement of a longer text (like a letter or a song) from ASOIAF, using an acronym.

Interesting.  :) A more specific version could be the abridgement of a longer text (like a letter or a song) from ASOIAF, using an acronym.

I was in a "Pride & Prejudice" fan group that did this as a challenge in hopes of creating a calendar. Summarize the story in 12 sentences was the aim, but it wasn't a strict rule, so the varied results were pretty fun.  I combined that with another challenge and condensed the novel into a series of limericks one night when I couldn't sleep.  I think my favorite though was the one done as a Dr. Seuss book.

They were all too long for the purposes of Acrophobia, but I submit this as proof that condensing can be done, and done well!

Archived