Acrophobia #18 - The Grave Epitaph, Won by Emmit!

Fragile Bird

The No Points Fun Round

There was another death that no one had a chance to mourn. There was a creature, born of necessity, with one task only, and once that task was done, it died away. Yes....a shadow was born from the coupling of Melisandre and Stannis, birthed in a lonely cave with only Davos to witness it. Then our fierce little shadow flew away, off to a destination with death. Two deaths. Renly's, and it's. (and the cave one killed Ser Cortnay Penrose, not Renly)

That's why I know it wasn't our shadow, because this shadow disappeared into the air...

To the memory of a shadow...

1. Some suggest Stannis' shadow survived, smilingly scribbling supposed strange sayings.
2. Star-crossed silhouettes,
Shadows seldom survive.
Stannis' sinister subset,
Sadly, sacrificed.
3. Speak, shadow. Speak sacrificial silence.
Strike, shadow. Strike soundless slaughter.
4. SSSSSSSSSSTAB
5. Silently Stannis’s strange shadow son slices sibling’s sternum suppressing supremacy, subsequently softly slipping skyward, susurrating sibilantly simultaneously shaping sinister semiotics.
6. Stealing sun, seeking starlight, shadow survives. Sleepless sentry shading skies.
7. Fire just couldn't dictate destruction.
Magic required nefarious gloom's enchantment.
8. Stannis' secret shame: shadow sent; sibling snuffed. Sorrow seriously supresses.
9. Finally justice can dispense death. Moron Renly never got empire.

Anyone else have one to add? There are some doubles. Most have been posted here already, just ignore the authors. :)

thank you my darling Fragile Bird for an outstanding game...next time ten rounds and different dead guys...

congrats to Emmit!! you rocked the acroworld...

and thanks for this game...it is fun...at least from an old fart's perspective...

and cheers to everyone who didn't vote for me knowing i was destined to come in dead last...or close to it anyways....

to those under me...get it together...though i respect your efforts...

:smoking:

1. Some suggest Stannis' shadow survived, smilingly scribbling supposed strange sayings.

Shadows seldom survive.

Sadly, sacrificed.

4. SSSSSSSSSSTAB

5. Silently Stannis’s strange shadow son slices sibling’s sternum suppressing supremacy, subsequently softly slipping skyward, susurrating sibilantly simultaneously shaping sinister semiotics.

6. Stealing sun, seeking starlight, shadow survives. Sleepless sentry shading skies.

8. Stannis' secret shame: shadow sent; sibling snuffed. Sorrow seriously supresses.

Anyone else have one to add? There are some doubles. Most have been posted here already, just ignore the authors. :)

Oh look, my joke entry is in here. I hope it doesn't do better than my serious one.

Congrats to Emmit on a deserved victory!

You seemed to return from that short hiatus stronger than before it!

Well hosted, as always, Fragile Bird.

I never quite got fully into the topic but it was interesting.

I am thrilled to be the winner... and it only took 18 games for it to happen! Thank you everyone for the votes. Consistent (lucky) play, not a string of amazing first place entries, is what pulled me through.

Woot!

Congrats to Emmit on a deserved victory!

You seemed to return from that short hiatus stronger than before it!

Well hosted, as always, Fragile Bird.

I never quite got fully into the topic but it was interesting.

I found this topic very H A R D.

The No Points Fun Round

There was another death that no one had a chance to mourn. There was a creature, born of necessity, with one task only, and once that task was done, it died away. Yes....a shadow was born from the coupling of Melisandre and Stannis, birthed in a lonely cave with only Davos to witness it. Then our fierce little shadow flew away, off to a destination with death. Two deaths. Renly's, and it's. (and the cave one killed Ser Cortnay Penrose, not Renly)

That's why I know it wasn't our shadow, because this shadow disappeared into the air...

To the memory of a shadow...

Shadows seldom survive.

Sadly, sacrificed.

4. SSSSSSSSSSTAB

All of these are absolutely excellent!

Except for #5 - That person just didn't know when to stop!

I am going to go with... TaDaaaaa

#3 - Excellent plus!

Congratulations, Emmit! Well done indeed.

Thank you all players for a highly enjoyable game. I think this was my worst finish since the first game I played where I was only in for two rounds. But it was so much fun that I don't care. :D

Thanks as well to FB for being a wonderful host, as she always is!

Happy victorious VICTORY, Enlightened Master Mind In Tchief!

"Targaryens tried dragons" :ninja:

this theme clicked for me, finally after like 3 previous games that I guess couldn't get into. it's nice to finally finish in the top 10 :)

It should have happened so very much entirely long ago, but every host (except me) were bad at maths! :ninja: Congratulations!

Fragile Bird was a very good host.

These three. :)

1. Some suggest Stannis' shadow survived, smilingly scribbling supposed strange sayings. ...and became our shadow?
Strike, shadow. Strike soundless slaughter....very poetic, beautiful
6. Stealing sun, seeking starlight, shadow survives. Sleepless sentry shading skies....'stealing sun', just lovely! And another survivor! And, sleepless sentry shading skies...

Congratulations, Emmit! Amazing victory!

I'm quite proud to have won the last round and finish in third place. Thanks for the votes!

Special thanks to Fragile Bird, for this very entertaining and very enjoyable game! :)

The "fun round" is very funny. :D

1. 6. Stealing sun, seeking starlight, shadow survives. Sleepless sentry shading skies. That's so beautiful! :crying:

2. 3. Speak, shadow. Speak sacrificial silence.

3. 7. Fire just couldn't dictate destruction.

4. 2. Star-crossed silhouettes,

Shadows seldom survive.

Sadly, sacrificed. This almost rhymes!

Honorable mentions to 8, 9, 4, 5, and 1.

My first game is in the books and it was a blast! A top ten finish - Shocker!! :eek:

Outstanding job, Emmit. :cheers:

Thank you to all for including me and props to everyone for some really sublime epitaphs. :commie:

:bowdown: :bowdown: to Bird for a great game. Seems to me your job was harder than ours. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Archived