Rant and Rave: Dorne Postmortem (Book Spoilers )

Good Guy Garlan

Back to Dorne.

So, seriously, where can they take this plot with Myrcella obviously poisoned...and Bronn will know it's the same poison...whether they have him remember or not is anyone's guess. But, it should be pretty clear even to Larry that she was poisoned by the SS and Ellaria.

Will he turn the ship around?

Is she really dead?

How is Doran not going to have them all killed?

How is Tryst not getting at least the high born prisoner treatment?

Back to Dorne.

So, seriously, where can they take this plot with Myrcella obviously poisoned...and Bronn will know it's the same poison...whether they have him remember or not is anyone's guess. But, it should be pretty clear even to Larry that she was poisoned by the SS and Ellaria.

Is she really dead?

Back to Dorne? But wait, I just got here, LOL Ok, off to catch up and I'm giving thought to starting such a thread on another segment of the story, but til then, I'm off to catch up and thank GGG for the thread. Wish I found it earlier. :crying:

Back to Dorne.

Is she really dead?

Myrcella will drink Bronn's blood ;-) It actually happened in one of the movies, can't remember which one lol

But this is a tricky situation. Everyone will know she was poisoned - wtf did Ellaria think? After swearing her allegiance to Doran she pulls this off??? She's gonna die and I hope she does....

Back to Dorne.

Is she really dead?

I really have no idea. Given the recent casting calls, I think Jaime's going to the Riverlands and his part with Dorne is done.

My guess is that everything will be resolved in a Kevan-Jaime convo like this:

Jaime: "The Martells poisoned Myrcella. I want to invade Dorne, burn their cities to the ground, [insert other trademark Cersei line here], etc"

Kevan: "Be that as it may, we don't have the resources or time to start a war with Dorne just yet. We have the pending trial of the Tyrells, the Greyjoy attack, and the trouble in the Riverlands"

Jaime: "Are you deaf? They murdered Myrcella!"

Kevan: "I know, and Prince Doran has written me that those responsible will be swiftly dealt with"

Jaime: "I don't trust anything the Martells say. Not anymore. Let me go there again. This time with an army."

Kevan: "Because it worked so good the last time? No. Look, if you're so eager to help, go to the Riverlands instead. Bring these outlaws to justice, and once we've dealt with all these distractions we'll discuss how to move against the Martells."

It would be funny as hell if Brienne and Jamie end up in the riverlands, as if their entire Season 5 never existed. And she will probably even forget to tell him, hey, yeah, I ran into to Sansa Stark and killed Stannis, then got bored and came South.

Dorne

Sandsnakes

One of-imo-the coolest thing about the Sandsnakes were they represented Oberyn's varied interests so perfectly. Each one incredibly different from the other, each one incredibly dangerous. In the show, they were homogenous. Older vs younger sister issues, but that was all. It isn't the fault of the actors, but the story-or lack of same-that they were given. They went the laziest way possible for this story, and it would have been better if they hadn't used them at all.

This! :agree:

And I don't understand why it's Tyene who is showing boobs when Nym is much better suited for the role.

Or Tyene could've been be her sweet septa self and manipulate Bronn through her "innocence", but he as a jaded sell-sword wouldn't buy completely it , so there would've been an intrigue - who is playing whom, are any of their feelings real.

And Trystane is so bland (but looks good on some gifs).

It would be funny as hell if Brienne and Jamie end up in the riverlands, as if their entire Season 5 never existed. And she will probably even forget to tell him, hey, yeah, I ran into to Sansa Stark and killed Stannis, then got bored and came South.

Wouldn't surprise me. Plus even more Stoneheart teasing. :dunno:

I think this is the best scene from Dorne: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QG-1KRBxis

Wait, that's not Dorne?

And I don't understand why it's Tyene who is showing boobs when Nym is much better suited for the role.

Or Tyene could've been be her sweet septa self and manipulate Bronn through her "innocence", but he as a jaded sell-sword wouldn't buy completely it , so there would've been an intrigue - who is playing whom, are any of their feelings real.

I'm a little afraid of them bringing in Sarella/Alleras since Sam is going to Oldtown. My favorite Sandsnake-reminds me the most of Oberyn-and has the most potential to be important to the larger story arc as opposed to the politics. If they did that to the others...what will they do to her?

Myrcella will drink Bronn's blood ;-) It actually happened in one of the movies, can't remember which one lol

Crackpot: Jaime and Co will teleport to the Riverlands, find the BwB and make them resurrect Myrcella. And she would rise as Lady Fancydress and she and Trystane will have half-Twilight half-Let the Right One In- relationship drama.

The show just took all the SS characteristics stuck them in a blender and mixed them all up then handed them back. What we were then left with was the SS who had bits of all the SS's mixed together and divided into 3.

Once they removed Arianne from the show the Sand Snakes didn't have that anchor point to work from and it all got very messy. Then doing what they're doing on their own doesn't work as well, they are limited in power and Ellaria should have no power.

I'm a little afraid of them bringing in Sarella/Alleras since Sam is going to Oldtown. My favorite Sandsnake-reminds me the most of Oberyn-and has the most potential to be important to the larger story arc as opposed to the politics. If they did that to the others...what will they do to her?

oh, yes. I'm so afraid that they will erase her becoming the maester-schtick and make her into an ethnic witch.

No I don't see that either. He asks her why she is still a virgin, why didnt' Tyrion have sex with her. He accuses her of possibly lying about that. And she gives her response.

It's not about she should have appreciated him, if anything, it's about reminding the audience that SHE'S A VIRGIN to make it that much more awful and dramatic. I think it has nothing to do with Tyrion at all.

Not mutually exclusive?

They certainly were not in any way required to frame Tyrion as a saint in those circumstances. When Lysa asked Sansa that question her answer was "he had whores" so...

Crackpot: Jaime and Co will teleport to the Riverlands, find the BwB and make them resurrect Myrcella. And she would rise as Lady Fancydress and she and Trystane will have half-Twilight half-Let the Right One In- relationship drama.

Haha I was hoping for something along the lines of running into Bill & Ted and stealing their phone booth to go back in time to Dorne to prevent it from even happening...Strange things are afoot at the Water Gardens...

Archived