Rant and Rave Without Repercussion: The North Misremembers (Book Spoilers)

RGBeyondAsshai

What is dead can never die but can be simultaneously alive and dead.

[pUnlike my affection for this show. [python]It's quite dead. It has passed on. It is not more. It has ceased to be. It is expired and gone to meet its maker. it's a stiff, bereft of life, it rests in peace. Its metabolic process are now history. It's kicked the bucket, shuffled off its mortal coil, rung down the curtain, and joined the choir invisible. I AM AN EX FAN.[/python]

Mindblown :O

What is dead can never die but can be simultaneously alive and dead.

Haha, amazing!

You know, it really bothers me that we didn't see Stannis die. Is he really dead? I want to say no, but i also can absolutely believe that they thought showing his death would be gratuitous.

It also really bothers me that Brienne was like, "Rightful King Renly!" and Stannis was just like, "That is just how my day is going."

And she did it WITH OATHKEEPER. She abandoned Sansa to kill someone with OATHKEEPER. Never gonna stop hating this.

Sam got empowered by sex... unlike Sansa.

They cut what she wants. They cut her sexual awakening and traded it for sexual slavery. But hey, they didn't cut what LF wants. Or Ramsay.

Raped and beaten by a psycho in a completely nonsensical plot that was stripped of everything but that rape and how awesome the rapist is.

The North is the saddest part of this season, so many characters took a hit.

Jon's last thoughts were not Arya and Ghost, the ones who meant the most to him, but Olly.

We are used to the bullshit, but a man's dying thoughts are sacred.

Rosebud, they made a movie out of Charles Foster Kane's dying word. A good one, too.

When people die, what matters, matters, a lot. That's supposed to be honored.

Real Stannis would be like

"I condemn you to die in order of the Rightful King, Renly of house Bar---"

"Woman, what the fuck?" *hits play to Guile Theme. Activates saiyajin powers. Calls megazord. kills brienne*

Clearly D&D could not handle the Mannis. This will be the Stannis I will remember:

RIP Head of House Broaetheon

in season 1 Bronn says his first kill was a women.....in season five killing women is against his "code"

That's right, I didn't remember that, nice catch.

Oh hells no, not if Thoros of Myr and Mellisansbra and Moqorro and a naked Iain Glen showed up.

Well, maybe the Iain Glen thing might work. Maybe.

Ah well, now you're not playing fair. ;)

Haha, amazing!

And she did it WITH OATHKEEPER. She abandoned Sansa to kill someone with OATHKEEPER. Never gonna stop hating this.

I said that on the last thread, too. They even spelled it out, what it meant.

NOT killing Renly. Keeping the oath she and Jaime made to Catelyn. With the sword made from Ned's sword. So as a writer, you have to choose carefully what she does with that sword. Because it matters.

And she said she'd do it for Jaime. So they have her forget Jaime, whereas in the books, he took Renly's place in her thoughts and dreams. Again symbolic of how killing Stannis wasn't what drove her.

That's what they do, all the time, toss out essential connections with other characters, and everything their story had been building to, to force these meaningless diversions.

Literally anyone could be doing these things, and they often are. That's not a story.

Yeah, I can't get over this either. Particularly when Stannis tells her to do her duty. Did no one in the writer's room realize how bad that makes her look? Are they intentionally thumbing their noses at the audience? Or do they think their audience is so unintelligent not to make the connection revenge > duty = not so honorable.

I can see Brienne from the books maybe forsaking her duty for Jaime, but that's really not the same as doing it for revenge and endangering her charge's life in the process. Another great character asassination.

Well, LF told the story of Lyanna while pimping out Sansa to the man who killed Robb in the crypts of the Stark home that he was trying to steal after killing Ned and driving Arya and Sansa into lives of pain and misery so, well, makes sense for him to be presented as a hero of the North.

Archived