TTTNE 456: Something Something Spam Side

Buckwheat

Apparently it is suddenly okay for someone to insult me really badly, and then when I get upset over it I'm expected to remain quiet and not be offended otherwise it's classed as whining and complaining by a bunch of people, who then went and made a dozen posts indirectly mocking me

And on top of that I have a terrible cold and I'm really sick.

Absolutely fantastic.

Apparently it is suddenly okay for someone to insult me really badly, and then when I get upset over it I'm expected to remain quiet and not be offended otherwise it's classed as whining and complaining by a bunch of people, who then went and made a dozen posts indirectly mocking me

Absolutely fantastic.

<hugs you> I'm so sorry to hear that, my friend.

And get well soon! =o)

Won't be online much the coming weeks because I'll be spending them abroad and Wi-Fi-less.

Absolutely fantastic.

Fuck them.

Won't be online much the coming weeks because I'll be spending them abroad and Wi-Fi-less.

:cheers: have fun!

Nym, that's pathetic. What is more pathetic is that those people don't even realize what they are doing is pathetic. :grouphug: dont let them upset you!

Absolutely fantastic.

It is not ok for someone to insult you, it is not ok for them to disregard your feelings about it, and it is definitely not ok for friends to mock your feelings

Very sorry you are sick and hope you feel better soon :grouphug:

Absolutely fantastic.

Not okay, as anyone else said. People are just so people sometimes :grouphug:

Chickensoup, hot tea and get some sleep. and a cookie :lol:

Hey Lany :) Didn't pay much attention to the thread lately, so I don't know if I got it wrong - do you have a new job?

Not okay, as anyone else said. People are just so people sometimes :grouphug:

Chickensoup, hot tea and get some sleep. and a cookie :lol:

Hey Lany :) Didn't pay much attention to the thread lately, so I don't know if I got it wrong - do you have a new job?

Yes, I got a two month contract which will take me to the start of the school year (a couple weeks in, but I didn't think I'd work the first few weeks, so that is perfect!)  And it pays really really well!  I start tomorrow, most likely.  Was hoping to start today, but IT hasn't set up my desk/computer yet.

Yes, I got a two month contract which will take me to the start of the school year (a couple weeks in, but I didn't think I'd work the first few weeks, so that is perfect!)  And it pays really really well!  I start tomorrow, most likely.  Was hoping to start today, but IT hasn't set up my desk/computer yet.

Congratulations Lany!  You're looking more and more gorgeous every time I see pics of you!  Mrow!   :love:

Hell Adara, First, Rhae, and Nym   :grouphug:

And KT!   :kiss:  :kiss:  :kiss:

Imgur is over capacity!

Sorry! We're busy running around with our hair on fire because Imgur is over capacity! This can happen when the site is under a very heavy load, or while we're doing maintenance.

Please try again in a few minutes.

:D

First, imagine this: there is a show about spaceships (and much more, but you'll see..) and of course also about outer space. And you know what? NO. FUCKIN. SOUND. There is no sound in outer space! Gotta love Joss Whedon. Yay. Somebody finally got it.

Hope you enjoy your new job Lany.

First: http://imgur.com/gallery/o05FTMo

I might've laughed if I hadn't already seen it on the front page a dozen times :P

First, imagine this: there is a show about spaceships (and much more, but you'll see..) and of course also about outer space. And you know what? NO. FUCKIN. SOUND. There is no sound in outer space! Gotta love Joss Whedon. Yay. Somebody finally got it.

That always bothered me about Star Wars, that you can hear the engines in a vacuum :P This is definitely a point in Firefly's favor.

That always bothered me about Star Wars, that you can hear the engines in a vacuum :P This is definitely a point in Firefly's favor.

I'm sure you can find a fan edit that removes all the noises in space. It would be a pretty boring movie without sound effects though. It only works in Firefly because 90% of the scenes in space are inside Serenity, use audio from inside a space-suit or are replaced by the theme. Serenity (the film,) doesn't go soundless for the space scenes because things actually happen in space. In Firefly it's as much a stylistic choice and a useful way of saving costs as it is a commitment to scientific accuracy, I'd say. 

If we get too anally retentive about the science we'll just end up without any entertaining sci-fi. :lol:

New Bond trailer, yay! I'm far too excited for it :D Moreso than I qm for SW *flees from ab's scorn*

Also, last day in Spain tomorrow. I've blazed through an awful lot of books. Oh well.
Off to Aberdeen next Friday though :commie:

New Bond trailer, yay! I'm far too excited for it :D Moreso than I qm for SW *flees from ab's scorn*

Also, last day in Spain tomorrow. I've blazed through an awful lot of books. Oh well.

There is no escape.

Also, Daniel Craig's Bond sucks. Gritty bond doesn't get hit in the balls with a rope, gritty Bond just gets shot because the bad guys aren't idiots. Bring on Idris Elba.

You are in Spain? Why would anyone be in Spain in summer? :huh: Oh I see, for reading.

Archived