Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets, NUMERO CINCO

Sorry, messed up that post. I love the word Winterfell too
For some reason it reminds me of Rivendell

I like it too. Oddly enough I associate it with Rivendell for a different reason. When I first heard about the series (in its italian translation) I thought that it was just another Lord of the Rings for a number of reasons, among others the fact that Winterfell had been translated as Grande Inverno, which is an obvious shout out to the Italian translation of Rivendell-Gran burrone

I don't give Cersei much credit in outplaying Ned, since it was LF who decided who won that day. If LF wanted Ned to win, he would have done. Cersei didn't become incompetent and dumb in Feast; she was always those things.

I don't give Cersei much credit in outplaying Ned, since it was LF who decided who won that day. If LF wanted Ned to win, he would have done. Cersei didn't become incompetent and dumb in Feast; she was always those things.

I agree. Well that and Ned told her his plan. Not hard to outplay a guy who reveals his hand to you.

I couldn't agree more.

A couple personal opinions:

I don't mean to sound cruel, Bran has had a tough go of his childhood since the fall, but skin-changing into Hodor?  Shame!  I hope he gets taken back a peg somewhere down the line

I hope the battle for Winterfell is a crushing defeat for Stannis, with Roose wielding some sort of magical powers (i think Roose is a sorcerer by the way) to turn the tide toward his victory. Is it possible he has something to do with the snow?  What was he reading at Harrenhall? (I don't read TWOW spoilers, but i know of a couple POV sample chapters, trying to stay away from it, though)

Stannis at the wall was the most entertaining Stannis.

Confession:  I am not sure I understood that Renly was gay until way later than it was originally hinted, though its hard to determine when I had the epiphany.

I think Aegon will parallel Glendon Ball in the Mystery Knight.  Glendon claims to be the son of Quentyn Ball, although no one (or not many) believes him.  It's never verified either way who his father is, but ultimately the reader gauges him by his honor, not by his paternity.

I did not realize Abel and the washerwomen were Mance and the spearwives until like way after I read that part. Afterwards when I realized I was like wow duh. How did I not catch that. This is my guilt ridden confession.

Yup right there with ya. IIRC my friend had to tell me because i had no idea. I share your shame.

Oh, and random confession.

I secretly like the idea that Varys is really a woman and fathered "fAegon" off of Illyrio and that Daario is really a glamoured priest from the House of the Undying and is a withered, musty old man who has been f*cking Daenerys this whole time.  These theories are so damn creepy, how can you not love them?

I feel like I've said this before, but I checked all of my posts and I apparently haven't so...

I never thought that Renly showed the picture of Margaery to Ned to gauge whether or not she looked enough like Lyanna to have Robert choose to marry her.

I thought the picture was actually of (a dolled-up) Loras, and Renly wanted to see if anyone would recognize him...  :blushing: Reading the quote now I see that Renly seemed disappointed when Ned just shrugged when asked if "the girl reminded him of anyone", which doesn't make much sense if it was actually Loras... He'd be relieved then. So you know, I was obviously wrong, but I thought the Lyanna comment was just justification for why he would even show him the painting. It would be cute though, if he was walking around with a locket and a painting of Loras in it...

I don't like Arya and I hope she never gets back to Westeros. I don't hate her, but she annoys me.

I have a theory in my mind that involves certain characters, but I'm too ashamed to tell it to anyone. :blushing: And I really think I might be right.

Spill. What's the theory?

No. :blushing: But seriously, it's nothing mind blowing or thoroughly thought and put together. I don't think I can even call it a theory, it's more like a hunch.

PM me! My curiosity is piqued. Why mention it if youre not going to talk about it? :rofl:

Archived