Small Questions v. 10102

Bloodraven said that skinchanging runs in the blood and a skinchanger loses his gift in the second life because his original body with the gift would be dead.

My question is that does a resurrected body lose the gift?

In a similar manner, does a resurrected body become ineligible to count as a blood sacrifice? Logic says so. Blood sacrifice must be a one-time only event and the life force must be spent so that a resurrected body could not be sacrificed over and over again.

Bloodraven said that skinchanging runs in the blood and a skinchanger loses his gift in the second life because his original body with the gift would be dead.

In a similar manner, does a resurrected body become ineligible to count as a blood sacrifice? Logic says so. Blood sacrifice must be a one-time only event and the life force must be spent so that a resurrected body could not be sacrificed over and over again.

Don't believe we can answer that at this moment, but I guess if the resurrected gets back to life, like we assume Jon will, running blood through his veines, normal body temperature, he will probably keep the gift, since his blood is the same. But his soul has go get back in his body in this case somehow gets transfered from ghost again in Jon, which he can't do himself since Ghost does not have the gift, maybe as soon as the original body is restored it gets sucked back in. But there could be something special about Ghost and warging, for 1 Varamir said he is worthy of a king and 2nd Grrm repeatetly stated that Ghost is of the old gods and his eyes are weirwood red, so I wouldn't be wondering if this becomes important

My theory on coldhands is a similar one, for me he is a warg that went on second living and somehow returned in his rotten body after it got revived.

For the Wights this is probably not the case since they seem more as remotecontrolled IceZombies without a will.

About the Blood sacrifice I have no idea, but yes logic would say no, since the sacrifiices made so far seemed pretty ultimate and it would really be kinda cheating if you would be able to sacrifice someone over and over again, I say one time thing and a sacrifice is probably not revivable at all, but it's just a guess.

Im sure this has been covered before but I am too turd to find it.

It is said that Willem Darry smuggled Dany and Viserys out of Dragonstone along with a wet nurse. Do we have any clue about this wet nurse identity? I am exploring the wikia, and I learn that Dany remembers Willem kindness, even tho she was only 4 years old when he died, but I cant find any reference from her to this wet nurse.

If a wet nurses job is to take care of a child. Wouldnt be logical if Dany remembers her?

As I pointed out in the other thread, the hopes for a Martell and Lannister match were pinned on Joanna's relationship with the Princess of Dorne, whom had been friends since childhood due to serving in the royal court together (the Princess Martell did not have a relationship with Tywin) and his refusal of the Dornish proposals of matches happened in 273AC after Tyrions birth and Joanna's death.

It's a possibility that Tywin had told Cersei about his long term goal of matching her with Rhaegar as early as the tourney in Kings Landing in 272AC, it is the kind of thing I could see him telling her and creating a drive to be become the ideal of a noble lady, but I think you may be correct that he did so after the Dornish visit and death of Joanna.

Actually the visit to Maggy has to occur during the tournament, after seeing Rhaegar and previous to the refusal.

Look at Cersei line of questioning and her thought process as she gets her answers, thats one clue. There is also the question of Melara, we do not know anything after her first question but we do know the result. We know that her prophecy came true, that it is strongly hinted at in the text that Cersei pushed her into a well and we know that Cersei would likely do so to keep Jamie for herself. But I propose that the triggering indecent that would cause Cersei to push Melara is not the prophecy itself, but the refusal of her betrothal to Rhaegar and her subsequent self perceived need to insure that Jamie remained hers.

I didn't day the visit to Maggy was after the tourney itself, I said that it was the last of the three events to occur.

It is said that Willem Darry smuggled Dany and Viserys out of Dragonstone along with a wet nurse. Do we have any clue about this wet nurse identity? I am exploring the wikia, and I learn that Dany remembers Willem kindness, even tho she was only 4 years old when he died, but I cant find any reference from her to this wet nurse.

If a wet nurses job is to take care of a child. Wouldnt be logical if Dany remembers her?

We have no idea who the wetnurse was, where she went after Dany had no need of her anymore, or where the other men with Darry had gone by the time he had died. When he died, Dany was 5 years old.

Ooooooh, I see where you're going with this... unJon...

A wet nurse nurses a baby. Do you recall nursing?

So I was reading Tyrion chapter in ADWD when he is sold to Yezzan. And one of the bidder is young girl, who bids quite big. I assume it is the same girl from second Quentyn chapter who thinks she is Yunkai Deanerys. So my question is, why would she bother to buy Tyrion? Or is it just on of the little nudges from Martin's side (you know when there is one line about something in one book/chapter and there is one line about the same thing a book later, so that, for more observant reader, the world feel more connected).

So, the Nightfort is Stannis's "seat." Let's say he leaves the North and has no need for the Nightfort, what happens to the castle? Does he bestow on one of his bannermen, or does it go back to the NW. My guess is that it reverts back to the NW, right?

Bloodraven did not say that... Varamyr THOUGHT that would be the case, but Varamyr was unsure...

Varamyr's teacher, Haggon was frequently incorrect & he was afraid of his gift, unwilling to explore it's potential or limits... Anything that Varamyr has learned through Haggon is unreliable...

--

To answer your question, it would likely depend upon who was reborn into the Resurrected body... Jon reborn into Jon, sure the gift would remain... Someone else reborn into Jon, the gift would probably be lost...

So, the Nightfort is Stannis's "seat." Let's say he leaves the North and has no need for the Nightfort, what happens to the castle? Does he bestow on one of his bannermen, or does it go back to the NW. My guess is that it reverts back to the NW, right?

As a king, if he left voluntarily to a better holding, it would be given to a lesser heir (second son or as an incentive to marry a daughter) or awarded to a bannerman, though it could be left in the care of a castellan for a time, until the holding is dealt with. if it were a normal holding it could be subdivided and added to different fifes too. Due to it being a castle on the Wall, it may revert to NW control.

Jaqen H'ghar in the black cells. Could he of been there to eliminate Varys or be employed by Varys? How could such a skilled assassin get captured?

As aryagonnakill says, this is not a small question. There are multiple threads where the speculation on the backstory for the faceless man who paid Arya's debt to the red god runs rampant. Here's my theory...

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/89914-littlefinger-hired-a-faceless-man-to-kill-ned/

And here are some others...

http://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-verizon&source=android-home&site=webhp&oq=&aqs=mobile-gws-lite..&q=lost+melnibonean+Littlefinger+hired+a+faceless+man#q=jaqen+black+cells+site:asoiaf.westeros.org

Was Roose Bolton already on board with the Tywin Train when he was attacked by Lannisters at the ruby ford after leaving Harrenhal?

When Roose crossed the Rubicon is debatable. He was definitely keeping his options open as he marched down the Green Fork. He was likely in communication, direct or indirect, with Tywin while he occupied the Ruby Ford and Tywin occupied Harrenhal. And he was betraying Robb when he sent Glover to Duskendale, which followed the Blackwater but preceded his learning about Robb's marriage to Jeyne. Based on Roose's mocking gratitude to Theon, it seems he began his actual betrayal after Winterfell was captured.

Archived