Rant & Rave Without Repercussion s 5 continued [book spoilers]

kissdbyfire

He's a bastard. And there's little chance that someone is going to find and legitimize him on the show.

Who says he needs to be legitimate to be relevant? :dunno:

His storyline is tied to Arya, who is definitely returning to Westeros at some point. Also, he already knows who his real father is. As pointed out above, he's the only Baratheon left on the show. That surely must count for something.

Personally I think Gendry is a great character

A royal bastard-and based on the show, basically the last Baratheon.

A blacksmith-the only named smith apart from Donal (who is dead)-and so potentially someone who could discover the lost secrets of making Valyrian steel-which people will need to fight the Others.

He was also a good grounding influence on Arya-a part of her "pack"-their friendship was fairly important-and could be again.

Since he wasn't killed, I'm not sure why anyone thinks he wouldn't come back-particularly since they're casting for Riverlands.

I don't get how they think a guy like LF is "cool" but a guy like Stannis they hated so much they rewrote his character to make the audience hate him

I have to agree with that. My LF beef is that he gets to tell every story. Even ones that have nothing to do with him. They obviously likes the way he gives a speech.

Archived