Rant & Rave Without Repercussion s 5 continued [book spoilers]

kissdbyfire

I rather doubt that's a "mind-blowing VFX challenge"...

Depends on how graphic I suppose. It would have to be a non-specific event, something that could crop up at any point. So probably something to do with dragons. 

Gower was much more cryptic about a mind-blowing VFX challenge that fans will see in Season 6… probably. “Benioff and Weiss, when they write the outline each year, for last two years, we got to this one point and we read this one gag and thought 'Oh my God, how the hell are we going to do that? But this is going to be incredible!’ And then it got pulled and we didn’t do it in Season 4,” says Gower. “And then, lo and behold, in Season 5 there it was again. And it’s pulled again! But now, in Season 6, it looks like we’re going to do it. Fingers crossed they won’t chicken out.”

Oh gag me!  :ack:

As much as I'd like LSH to happen, didn't they (or one of them... Kinda hard to keep track of everything they spew) say they didn't like the idea of doing it because they found it was a dumb plot or something?

A gag, or a trick shot, could be anything. He said it would be incredible.

What haven't they done before, they've done warging, dragons, Others.

They haven't done a lady with a slit throat.

Whether a gag or a trick, it's all about 'creatively it made sense to us..."       :frown5:   Rather than, how does this advance the story or tell us something about the characters?

Wait a minute, it was some effects trick they were going to do in Season 4, and didn't, and season 5, and didn't, and now they're going to do it in season 6? WTF, it's not going to address ANYTHING about advancing a story, it's a SHOCK thing. They're so fargen transparent. 

As much as I'd like LSH to happen, didn't they (or one of them... Kinda hard to keep track of everything they spew) say they didn't like the idea of doing it because they found it was a dumb plot or something?

Well, lets see.  LSH is all about revenge.  Yes, they must find it to a dumb plot or something, cuz the show runners are all about vengeance, not revenge!  //snarkity snark snark

Yeah, I bet no LSH, too. But one can dream. There's always time for more disappointment later.

I wonder if the leader of the outlaw band will take her place. But he's only there for a couple of episodes.

Scary to think what they will do with Jaime and Brienne without her, though. Some other Pod or Jaime dilemma? But Pod is a man in the show, not a boy. In her shoes (she loves Jaime), who wouldn't pick Jaime over show Pod? He's sweet and cute and nice and all, but still. Jaime is Jaime. :leer:

Also remembering in the books, she trained Pod, too. Too bad they didn't give them a scene like that. Or maybe I missed it, I didn't watch all of season 5. So he's still in need of her protection. He can't defend himself, or at least they haven't seemed to have shown that. Jaime one handed is better.

Well, lets see.  LSH is all about revenge.  Yes, they must find it to a dumb plot or something, cuz the show runners are all about vengeance, not revenge!  //snarkity snark snark

They like their own revenge. A lot of characters who are about revenge have been cut: the Manderlys, Griff, LSH herself :dunno:

I think it's the magical revival part they didn't like. We all know they are in it for gritty realism and 20 good Men, not for adapting a Fantasy-story. That's just below them.

The SFX-discussion reminds me quite a lot of Star Trek 11. Heck, Game of Thrones reminds me a lot of Star Trek 11, because that movie was also a horrible mess consisting of more plot holes than actual story and had inconsistant characterizations (except Bones, he was awesome) and was still praised from all sides for its pretty pictures. But I especially like to compare GoT's DayZ-knockoff-Zombies with the Enterprise shooting lightning bolts like a Star Destroyer instead of the usual (and actually pretty realistic) lasting beams that hit their target immediately. In the Behind the Scenes video's J.J. Abrams proudly explained that they only changed it "because it never did that before". Yeah. The same way the wights now run around and look like Skyrim-Skeleton warriors and are total pushovers. Because they never did that before.

Seriously, what the heck is wrong with people in Hollywood?

It's not like LF is completely against chaos. He kinda says that to Sansa during Feast, that he was expecting Cersei to make a mess of the realm, but not that soon. Also, what's the point of the war between Starks and Lannisters if not ripping from the chaos?

That's something mostly readers are feeling about characters they don't like. Many antiStannis feel he has been treated badly in the show, for instance.

He's Sean Connery now?

The thing that bugs me most about Sansa in the show is that she never betrayed ned  like she did in the books to become queen nor did she treat Joffery with respect (not that he didn't deserve any) but it continued her streak of fake- kindness where in the book it was real. My perosnal problem with her book character is her inability to get over (even in her WInds of winter chapter) her beliefs- I suppose you could argue that she was stronger or kept her sanity by clinging on t them- but honestly it just made her pig headed. If you want another kick in the stomach to Stannis- that is the second time Sansa has been in a city that he should have taken. It's just rubbing salt in the wound if stannis dies now. (Still firmly believe he's dead but you never know)

I think it's the magical revival part they didn't like. We all know they are in it for gritty realism and 20 good Men, not for adapting a Fantasy-story. That's just below them.

The SFX-discussion reminds me quite a lot of Star Trek 11. Heck, Game of Thrones reminds me a lot of Star Trek 11, because that movie was also horrible mess consisting of more plot holes than actual story and had inconsistant characterizations (except Bones, he was awesome) and was still praised from all sides for its pretty pictures. But I especially like to compare GoT's DayZ-knockoff-Zombies with the Enterprise shooting lightning bolts like a Star Destroyer instead of the usual (and actually pretty realistic) lasting beams that hit their target immediately. In the Behind the Scenes video's J.J. Abrams proudly explained that they only changed it "because it never did that before". Yeah. The same way the wights now run around and look like Skyrim-Skeleton warriors and are total pushovers. Because they never did that before.

Seriously, what the heck is wrong with people in Hollywood?

They're called Draugr.

And at the very least Star Trek no colon Into Darkness had some fun moments. You'd never catch people saying that about GOT.

They like their own revenge. A lot of characters who are about revenge have been cut: the Manderlys, Griff, LSH herself :dunno:

I'm surprised, because a character who "has supped on hate" for like 15 years seems exactly like their cup of tea. Sure, putting in the YG plotline is too much work, but they could've easily had an unidentified red-haired dude who runs around screaming "REVENGE!"

I mean, that's what they did with Ellaria...

They're called Draugr.

And at the very least Star Trek no colon Into Darkness had some fun moments. You'd never catch people saying that about GOT.

Well, you CAN but I'm trying to stay out of those Fanboy Militant threads. 

Archived