Rant & Rave Without Repercussion s 5 continued [book spoilers]

kissdbyfire

No, no, Olly is Aegon. Can't you see? Instead of Griff and Young Griff it's Olyvar and Olly. That was Olly's actual motivation for FTW, he was getting rid of potential Targ competence.
I think we're on to something here.

Wow. This is totally it. I mean getting rid of other Targs and also Tyrells is the same as targeting Baratheons and Lannisters.

Maybe themes are truly for 8th-graders. I had just a discussion where someone dismissed Jon and Dany as heads of the dragons simply because it is too obvious. There are people who genuinely think GRRM would pick the most unlikely theory simply because he wants to troll his readers. Yeah.

The weird thing is, I got exactly the same gripe with people in the Umineko-Fandom, mainly the so-called "Rosa-tricers" who keep on denying that the actual culprit we were shown in the last two books was just a Red Herring (and in doing so completely invalidate the last two of eight books, mind you!) and that something more unpredictable should have happened despite all the foreshadowing and despite every single line serving a higher purpose with the right logic applied to it. Such a point of view is insane! The books don't make sense and you suddenly cannot explain half of the scenes you have read if you force someone else into the shoes of the culprit in Umineko. I once had a long drawn out discussion about that with a Rosa-tricer and kept replying to her honeypotting "Sure, then what was the point of the books?" and she wasn't able to give me any kind of answer (but kept insisting the official answer was too easy).

I somehow have the feeling something similar will also happen at the end of Game of Thrones. After all the pointless changes and 'shocking' twists in the next 5 seasons and everything will suddenly change to humans vs. White Walkers and people will ask "Sure, but what was the point of all what had happened before?" GRRM will answer that in his books. D&D have no freaking plan because they just wanted to be unpredictable with changing basically everything except the bare bones of the story.

6hbATzK.png

this is so sloppy

I am sorry, but you can't deny the truth.

EDIT:  Wait, isn't the picture showing? Anyways... http://i.imgur.com/6hbATzK.png

You know what? I wouldn't completely discard this theory. Like, I can see them thinking "what can we do about the Griffins?" and, after some brainstorming, they ended up with these two.

Oh, my poor Griff... what have they done to you? How you ended up like a multiuses prostitute??

(ETA: Or not... Olyvars looks more like Aegon, so that makes Olly... )

More pretty story pictures (not like Olly and Young Olly), the man who played Jesus will play Bloodraven, Max Von Sydow:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/03/game-thrones-max-von-sydow (Hibberd still getting the scoops)

http://www.nytimes.com/movies/movie/20845/The-Greatest-Story-Ever-Told/overview

Oh actually, good choice!

This is so good, I was watching this Outlander video (it's from a year ago), and all three leads have read the books. And the books help them play the scenes, and they know the lines are from the books, because they read them, and the showrunner used them, and they are talking with the author, and it's so nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IioLJ29C2T8

Oh, and in another video, the author was saying she watches the dailies, and the showrunner wants to know what she thinks. And she told the story about one scene, she told him the fans are really going to miss a certain line if you don't include it, and the showrunner included it.

And in another, the showrunner said the thing that impressed him most about Claire was her intelligence.

Reading the comment section who those sites make me wonder about our species. I would seriously consider letting the white walkers win if i were Martin. Humanity's future is still stock on human pigmentation. Once again, tribalism is silly.

Who says they're not gonna win?  Val'Holla at my boys!  WW gonna Ragna'Rock the house!  500 posts, Good Night!

Archived