Things D&D have so far fallen to understand:

A Song of Ice and Fire

Star Wars

themes

character development

travel distances

how to write strong female characters

basic logic

oh, and Benioff has some experience with failing to understand the Iliad and X-Men.

I should stay away from other threads on this part of the forum not good for my blood pressure.

Meh. It strains credulity I suppose. Was way better than Vale story line and I'm extemt sympathetic to show streamlining things. The book is a monstrosity at this point not worth being adapted. Hopefully Ramsay is gone next season and his whole chapter can be laid to rest as we move on. For a few reasons, this plot struck a nerve.

That was in response to me calling the story and logic around and in wf BS.

No, no, Olly is Aegon. Can't you see? Instead of Griff and Young Griff it's Olyvar and Olly. That was Olly's actual motivation for FTW, he was getting rid of potential Targ competence.

I think we're on to something here.

Olvar is JonCon's Smile dammit!

What I find hilarious is how some sycophants keep bleating 'don't like, don't watch!'.  Here's a logic alert for such specimens: 

1. I can watch whatever the fuck I want. Whether I like it, love it or loathe it is irrelevant.

2. I have read and loved these books for decades, so why wouldn't I watch an adaptation of it? Ludicrous.

3. People are free to share their opinions on stuff, positive and negative. That's a real life thing. 

4. The irony is lost on cretins who insist on reading the R&R threads over and over and then discussing them elsewhere. To them I say: don't like, don't watch. 

Sorry for ranting; I'm just beyond bored with all these posts about 'why do they keep watching waaaahhhh!!!!' 

Wait, wait, wait. I've just casually googled for pics of Jaime and found these:

Season 1: http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23100000/Jaime-Lannister-jaime-lannister-23108821-1600-1200.jpg

Season 4: http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1786222!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/game-thrones-season-4.jpg

Is it just me or did they purposely swapped the way his armour looked in the books? I recall him having used an expensive gilded Lannister armor before his character development and swapping it to the polished white of the Kingsguard after his adventures with Brienne make him rethink his life. Bloody hells, it is the exact opposite in the show! Giving him a Kingsguard armor in season 1 for budget reasons is excusable, but changing it with a gilded one after Brienne's departure... they must have did it on purpose, that's... I simply cannot get my head around why anybody would do that...

Reading this thread gives me the jmpression we are only watching the tv show because it will give us an ending and we lost faith the books ever will?

Part of it comes from the fact that there is investment for me still; however much I complain about the show, the fact that it evokes such strong feelings in me has to count for something.

And I'd be lying if I said that never seeing the book series completed isn't a possibility. But if that happens and all we have is the tv show to go on, I'm probably going to die of an aneurysm. 

Wait, wait, wait. I've just casually googled for pics of Jaime and found these:

Season 1: http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23100000/Jaime-Lannister-jaime-lannister-23108821-1600-1200.jpg

Season 4: http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1786222!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/game-thrones-season-4.jpg

Is it just me or did they purposely swapped the way his armour looked in the books? I recall him having used an expensive gilded Lannister armor before his character development and swapping it to the polished white of the Kingsguard after his adventures with Brienne make him rethink his life. Bloody hells, it is the exact opposite in the show! Giving him a Kingsguard armor in season 1 for budget reasons is excusable, but changing it with a gilded one after Brienne's departure... they must have did it on purpose, that's... I simply cannot get my head around why anybody would do that...

It's probably something they didn't even think about. 

Reading this thread gives me the jmpression we are only watching the tv show because it will give us an ending and we lost faith the books ever will?

For me it's because I'm such a big fan of the books and I want to see what happens with the adaption of it, especially as the books are taking a long time to come out. I think it's also due to the fact that I really enjoyed the first three seasons of the show so I still have some sort of investment in it, no matter how bad Season 5 was. 

I think protar is right about the fact they probably did not think about it. 

I must say I will probably amuse myself the next year with every time they spot Kit in Northern Ireland. His "survival" will be the conspiracy theory of the year. 

Especially if they keep mentioning his long and lustrous locks (which actually is a good reason to believe he will not stay death; because Kit hated his long hair. But he still can changed his mind of course)

Things D&D have so far fallen to understand:

A Song of Ice and Fire

Star Wars

...to be continued.

They really should hit a hard wall with the latter. I think Star Wars fans are very aware of what happens in their favourite movies, despite GoT fans. There are many diehard fans of it, and they can see the bullshit very well.

On an unrelated topic, I think D&D spend more time in Microsoft Excel than Microsoft Word. That is the root of all problems. Themes are for 8th grade students, but assets management is for university graduates. This is the hidden meaning in their words of wisdom. Damn. I blame education systems.

Archived