Rant & Rave Without Repercussion s 5 continued [book spoilers]

kissdbyfire

I'm surprised, because a character who "has supped on hate" for like 15 years seems exactly like their cup of tea. Sure, putting in the YG plotline is too much work, but they could've easily had an unidentified red-haired dude who runs around screaming "REVENGE!"

I mean, that's what they did with Ellaria...

Considering he's all "I'm killing the Baratheon children because REVENGEEEE!!!", yes, it's a wonder they didnt' include it.

The SFX-discussion reminds me quite a lot of Star Trek 11. Heck, Game of Thrones reminds me a lot of Star Trek 11, because that movie was also horrible mess consisting of more plot holes than actual story and had inconsistant characterizations (except Bones, he was awesome) and was still praised from all sides for its pretty pictures. But I especially like to compare GoT's DayZ-knockoff-Zombies with the Enterprise shooting lightning bolts like a Star Destroyer instead of the usual (and actually pretty realistic) lasting beams that hit their target immediately. In the Behind the Scenes video's J.J. Abrams proudly explained that they only changed it "because it never did that before". Yeah. The same way the wights now run around and look like Skyrim-Skeleton warriors and are total pushovers. Because they never did that before.

Heck this last season in some ways is like "Into Darkness" the beginning was good and had promise(granted "Darkness" was alot better but still) then Sansa is rape/Kirk dies like Spock, Spock becomes a man of steel/Ramsey is a military genius, and Khan who has been built up as unstoppable gets taken down by the neck pinch/Stannis the built up miltary genius doesn't hear half his army leave and doesn't know 2,000 horsemen are charging at him until to late

Now they are casting Merrett Frey. Filming the same time as the band of outlaws.

Maybe Jaime doesn't even touch down in KL, he just keeps going, with Bronn. I suppose he'd be AWOL, though. Not that Cersei would mind, she's got the new KG member, who is way better than Jaime. That's going to be all kinds of wrong if he, or shall I say it, and Jaime meet. Just like when he got home too early, the timing would be so off.

I'm surprised, because a character who "has supped on hate" for like 15 years seems exactly like their cup of tea. Sure, putting in the YG plotline is too much work, but they could've easily had an unidentified red-haired dude who runs around screaming "REVENGE!"

I mean, that's what they did with Ellaria...

:lmao:

(It is maybe actually very sad I laughed very hard about this).

Maybe the SFX-discussion is maybe they intent do something special for the Tower of Joy. I always loved the idea they would something like the tale of the three brothers in the HP-movies (best thing of seventh movie 7A). The problem is that I think it would only have worked as Ned's fever dream. 

Considering he's all "I'm killing the Baratheon children because REVENGEEEE!!!", yes, it's a wonder they didnt' include it.

but he doesn't have boobs to show while screaming for revenge

Now they are casting Merrett Frey. Filming the same time as the band of outlaws.

Maybe Jaime doesn't even touch down in KL, he just keeps going, with Bronn. I suppose he'd be AWOL, though. Not that Cersei would mind, she's got the new KG member, who is way better than Jaime. That's going to be all kinds of wrong if he, or shall I say it, and Jaime meet. Just like when he got home too early, the timing would be so off.

They didn't even mentioned the Riverlands for two seasons, now it's back all of the sudden. I guess in the first few episodes everyone will talk only about RW and Tullys and the BwB. 

Casting Merrett Frey and a Riverlands band of outlaws and the discussion of this effect really makes me think LSH. Which is so ridiculous.

You know what also makes me sad? None of the casting calls are for Peck, Pia, or Devan. I know they have to make cuts (and really, Pia probably is for the best, knowing them), but it makes me sad nonetheless. I like the Riverlands storylines! I miss Jaime. He's so much more compelling than Larry.

They didn't even mentioned the Riverlands for two seasons, now it's back all of the sudden. I guess in the first few episodes everyone will talk only about RW and Tullys and the BwB. 

In 3 episodes, he's going to interact with "lots of leading cast." Jaime, for sure. Maybe Lady Sansaheart, not undead, just pissed off.

I will literally laugh at the TV screen if they finally get around to LSH in season 6.  Which I hope they don't, because in their ongoing anti religious crusade, they're turning the BWB into a rogue group of bad guys now....

But, then it would be fitting that by the time they bring Stoneheart in, it will be to destroy that character as well.  The one thing D&D are good at, other than popularity, is their ability to destroy so many characters and stories simultaneously.  Perhaps they hope to outdo themselves, after Sansa goes to Winterfell managed to destroy Sansa, Theon, Roose, Brienne, LF, and any remnant of book Ramsay remaining.  But, I have faith, the Ds can do it.  

I will literally laugh at the TV screen if they finally get around to LSH in season 6.  Which I hope they don't, because in their ongoing anti religious crusade, they're turning the BWB into a rogue group of bad guys now....

But, then it would be fitting that by the time they bring Stoneheart in, it will be to destroy that character as well.  The one thing D&D are good at, other than popularity, is their ability to destroy so many characters and stories simultaneously.  Perhaps they hope to outdo themselves, after Sansa goes to Winterfell managed to destroy Sansa, Theon, Roose, Brienne, LF, and any remnant of book Ramsay remaining.  But, I have faith, the Ds can do it.  

Not only can they do it they can be praised for it and get countless nominations.

I'm not sure how much hope I have that they'd pull off the BWB correctly.

Can it be that Olyvar is JonCon in disguise?

Nah, a gay man can't be for revenge, gay men are only interested in fashion and sleeping with other gay dudes

Man, Olyvar is really good at pretending he's 15 years younger than he actually is!

Olyvar is both Jon Con and Aegon.

No, no, Olly is Aegon. Can't you see? Instead of Griff and Young Griff it's Olyvar and Olly. That was Olly's actual motivation for FTW, he was getting rid of potential Targ competence.

I think we're on to something here.

Archived