Rant & Rave Without Repercussion s 5 continued [book spoilers]

kissdbyfire

I hate the crazy-paranoid-woman trope so much. D&D have worked miracles with salvaging Cersei and turning her into a character that isn't offensive. And show-Tywin is thankfully not larger-than-life like he is in the books. And Tyrion isn't as annoying as he was in ADwD.

Sometimes GRRM tries TOO hard trying to make everyone "grey."

Oh well, I hate turning Cersie into Carol and Jaime into well, was Larry but more of a "Gary" at this point. Book Cercei and Jaime are like the opposite sides of the Targaryen coin. Open question is if they are really Aerys Targaryen II's kids with Joanna and not Tywin's, that would explain alot. In the show, I understand characters change and grow but whereas they were mostly accurate for the first season or two with their book counterparts, they have become totally different characters on the show that is is shocking to go back and see season one and compare. Tyrion as well, a complete perverted scumbag  in cannon but now is turning down free sex from prostitutes whereas he rapes house servants because he knows no one who is not either a slave or a sex slave will sleep with a messed up dwarf like him. The Lannisters are the main Antagonists of the whole story with strong contention from secondary assholes like Littlefinger and Varys.

Exactly. And there's lots of sex, but it never feels gratuitous, the characters are in love, they care about each other, and it shows. Plus, lots of male nudity as well, it's not all about the boob quota.

OK, well, I must check this out. :lol: Imagine if we could say such things about this show. We could overlook a lot of other things, I bet.

Tywin in the eyes of his children.

Why shoudnt they think of him like that. He ruled Westeros for 20 years under a mad king crushed a rebelions caused by his shitty lord father ensuring loyalty from the west for decades then managed to win twot5k 5k probably being in the worst place at the start.

I wonder if they finally go there with Jon and Arya warging, how they will explain it. Nothing leading up to it.

They made Arya blind, why bother if not to "warg" the cat. Or maybe a dog, since Cat and things cat are off limits.

After forgetting about Nymeria all this time, will she suddenly have a dream first? Or will they just bypass her.

OK, well, I must check this out. :lol: Imagine if we could say such things about this show. We could overlook a lot of other things, I bet.

Do, I think you might like it. And it helps, you know? To watch something where not only you care about the characters, but they care about each other too. :)

I wonder if they finally go there with Jon and Arya warging, how they will explain it. Nothing leading up to it.
They made Arya blind, why bother if not to "warg" the cat. Or maybe a dog, since Cat and things cat are off limits.
After forgetting about Nymeria all this time, will she suddenly have a dream first? Or will they just bypass her.

Sansa and Arya never, not once, think about Lady and Nymeria. Rickon doesn't exist, neither does Shaggy. Jon had Ghost at CB, but Ghost is either Sam's pet or a prop, a part of the set.

I doubt Arya gets to warg they want it to be special so only bran gets to look dumb not the rest of the Stark clan. Jon probably gets too in season 6 with zero explanation or bad exposition.

Yeah, probably. After all, it's not like the connection and bond between ALL the Stark kids and their direwolves is supposed to be important or something. :bang:

I mean do they even have time to do anything with Arya theyre locked into 20 hours or 20 hours minus 200 minutes for adverts so what can they even do with Arya?

(Hopefully nothing.)

I can see Jon warging but not Arya. They already gave her a lot of kills on her own. Warging would make her too overpowered and it would be very unbelievable. Jon's warging would make sense because the whole coming back to life thing could have some side-effects.

(Hopefully nothing.)

I can see Jon warging but not Arya. They already gave her a lot of kills on her own. Warging would make her too overpowered and it would be very unbelievable. Jon's warging would make sense because the whole coming back to life thing could have some side-effects.

Overpowered? it's not battlefield 4 and unbelievable the Starks kids warging ability and closeness to their wolves is sort of important in those novels they're "adapting"

I don't think they will make Jon or Arya wargs. It is too late. Jon died without warging.

I'm surprised they've not killed Ghost off yet. He is clearly not as cool as a dragon (pretty much just a big dog), takes up the cgi budget and has little relevance to Jon.

Ghost will be a goner, especially if Jon gets a dragon. This is probably for the best because at least Drogon knew when to save his human.

I don't think they will make Jon or Arya wargs. It is too late. Jon died without warging.
I'm surprised they've not killed off Ghost yet. He is clearly not as cool as a dragon (pretty much just a big dog), takes up the cgi budget and has little relevance to Jon.
Ghost will be a goner, especially if Jon gets a dragon. This is probably for the best because at least Drogon knew when to save his human.

Ghost was on that wagon with Sam I'll put money on that he's looking for a new non olly adopting human

Overpowered? it's not battlefield 4 and unbelievable the Starks kids warging ability and closeness to their wolves is sort of important in those novels they're "adapting"

The only Stark wolf given significance in the show is Ghost. Jon will warg, definitely. Nymeria, however, hasn't been mentioned from season one, so we can scrap the idea of her abruptly popping back in the story.

I'm surprised they've not killed Ghost off yet. He is clearly not as cool as a dragon (pretty much just a big dog), takes up the cgi budget and has little relevance to Jon.

Yes, but I bet Drogon has amnesia now, he's eaten and is tired and all that...

Ghost was on that wagon with Sam I'll put money on that he's looking for a new non olly adopting human

:lmao: Yeah, Jon seemed to care more about Olly than Ghost. Damn, he even mixed up their names when he died. Ghost obviously saw this comming and ditched Jon.

I firmly believe they laid the groundwork for Jon being a Warg with his conversation with Orell's comment to Jon that Ygritte would reject him when she found out what he 'really was'.  While he could refer to Jon being a Crow, my bet is it is Warg foreshadowing.

That being said, warging has been criminally underused save for in relation to Bran's storyline.

Still laughing, good one. :lol:

Ghost was probably running as fast as he could to save Jon, but then Jon said "Olly" and he ran past the cross like it's none of his business.

Awww. Poor Ghost! :lol:

Hopefully they run into Nymeria along the way. GRRM said (TWOW spoiler):

[spoiler]

"You know, I don't like to give things away," Martin said of Nymeria's importance in The Winds of Winter. But you don't hang a giant wolf pack on the wall unless you intend to use it."

http://www.latintimes.com/winds-winter-plot-spoilers-aryas-journey-involve-direwolf-nymeria-according-george-rr-278134[/spoiler]

Archived