GoT cast Ian McShane for season 6! Who you got?

Ser Falione

*mumbles about the show not deserving such good actors.*

Anyhoo, I think Randyll Tarly. He's just right for the part and it fits the small role but key part description. 

We're talking about the most Emmy nominated show on TV...  some of you folks need some perspective.

His age and size of the role would suggest a flashback. He's way too old to be Howland Reed - Howland should be around Ned's age. 

He'd be a fantastic Euron, but as some folks have previously mentioned, his part is small where the Euron role is probably bigger.

I'd guess Gerold Hightower, or perhaps a face that Arya wears, or a victim of Arya-I-Mean-No-One

The reports are saying that it'll be an important character but one that doesn't have a lot of screen time in season 6. I thought Euron Greyjoy at first but I don't think his role would be a small one. Some theories are saying it's modern day Howland Reed but it could just as easily be a brand new character or one we meet in the next book 

Marwyn would be interesting, but I do not think D&D have imagination for that. They saw Pirates of the Caribbean IV and decided he was wonderfully sinister. Hence, he can only be cast as Euron Greyjoy. As for a small amount of screentime, it's easy to deduce what's going on - McShane will make his big first appearance at King's Moot, which is basically one scene. Then we will see him ordering a raid of the Shield Islands and appearing at the subsequent feast when he will order Victarion to sail to Daenerys. The age is right as far as HBO show goes. Euron is younger than Balon who is portrayed as an old man. I am glad that this will put a stop on the theories about Euron being Daario. Or will it?

Gerold Hightower in the Tower of Joy flashback.

Neither Euron nor Tarly are small roles (the casting call listings emphasized that both were really good, meaty parts). Those roles also wouldn't justify the secrecy. It looks like a small role but that still has an impact; that makes it seem like almost a cameo sort of thing. It being a ToJ Kingsguard would explain why they're tight-lipped around the role's identity. He's the right age and look for Hightower,

They never said it was a small role. They said it was a pivotal role with a small amount of screentime. Hightower is a non-entity as far as HBO show viewers are concerned.

I'd imagine him as euron. But I'm actually disappointed he is in it. I've seen him in so many things lately and he's been lazy and phoning it in for all of them. Hope he ups his game

Likewise. It's just lazy casting. But, since the show is a distorted caricature of the books ... (see below)

We're talking about the most Emmy nominated show on TV...  some of you folks need some perspective.

I'm not saying I don't get why big and talented actors are attracted to the show. We get it, it's popular, it's an award opportunity. But I stand by my mumblings.

Archived