GoT cast Ian McShane for season 6! Who you got?

Ser Falione

Maybe people can spend their time with creating a new scripts so they will get to adapt ASOIAF prequel insted of just boasting themselves and bashing the ones who do

Nah, they're too busy being twats.

-------------------------

Out of the characters that are being cast, there are a few that could fit Ian.

Euron, Randyll, Meribald and Rickard. I think Rickard really is way too small. It's Euron or Randyll.....money on.....mmm, tough.

It's just hard for me to see Ian McShane playing someone who is the father of Sam. Though they might not cast someone as fat as Sam, I think for that role they're at least going to cast someone who is stocky / large boned and round, someone like the actor who played Janos Slynt. Be weird if they cast a tall, thin, well proportioned guy for Sam's dad. 

The whole reason Sam's father threatened to kill him if he didn't volunteer for the Wall is because Sam is very unlike him. Randyll Tarly is a very tough, military type. This is true even in the show universe. It would be stupid to make Sam's father someone like him.

The whole reason Sam's father threatened to kill him if he didn't volunteer for the Wall is because Sam is very unlike him. Randyll Tarly is a very tough, military type. This is true even in the show universe. It would be stupid to make Sam's father someone like him.

Looks wise not personality wise. 

Maybe people can spend their time with creating a new scripts so they will get to adapt ASOIAF prequel insted of just boasting themselves and bashing the ones who do

I've seen their "scripts" and strangely enough, they look exactly like the books and have no regard for the limitations of Television as a story telling medium versus a novel. Also, Sansa always seems to be coming out on top, because you know, that's great character development. A character goes through a struggle, learns something, then comes out victorious in the end. No hurt feelings and everyone feels great! woo hoo

After seeing him in Pirates of the Caribbean, there is no doubt in my mind that he would make a great Greyjoy. However, I'm leaning more towards Randyll Tarly. It is more fitting with his age and screentime requirements. If so, then poor Sam. That guy can act the brutal father.

However, I don't know why they would keep his role mysterious. Randyll or Euron are hardly a secret or worth the hype.

Howland Reed is my second guess but I'm not entirely sold. Originally, I was under the impression that Howland Reed would be cut from the show and if he does reveal R+L=J in the books, then it would go to an established character like Benjen or Bran. However, it looks like they could build up Howland Reed's character with flashbacks and possibly Meera so a Howland Reed appearance seems likely and not out of the blue. Bran might discover R+L=J but someone needs to confirm it to Jon. A popular actor having this role would go a long way....but poor Sean Bean, he wanted to be the one to tell Jon. :frown5:

They like their Pirates of the Caribbean actors, don't they? :lol:

From the description of the role, I think he's not going to get enough screen time to be Euron or Tarly. Tarly has all his family, which means at least a few scenes with all them, probably a scene or two with Sam, and scenes with any other main characters. Likewise, Euron will need at least a 4-5 scenes over the season to cover what he's up to, otherwise why cast the role at all?

And GoT almost never calls roles 'small,' since it did in this case, I think he's only in one scene, a la Mark Gatiss, or maybe two scenes. I think he's going to be Lord Umber and he'll have one scene with either Jon or Sansa, reaffirming his support of the Starks.

Euron!? lol that would suck! I don't care how much of a good actor people here say that he is, HE DOESN'T LOOK THE PART.

Although Euron is a fully grown man, he looks relatively young for his age, he's also described as lean and handsome. This guy, with all due respect, looks nothing like GRRM's (or anyone else's) portrayal of Euron. Honestly, he looks more like Al Pacino and Ron Jeremy's lovechild. 

I think the obvious role for him is Randyll Tarly, because we already know we'll be seeing him next season.

From the description of the role, I think he's not going to get enough screen time to be Euron or Tarly. Tarly has all his family, which means at least a few scenes with all them, probably a scene or two with Sam, and scenes with any other main characters. Likewise, Euron will need at least a 4-5 scenes over the season to cover what he's up to, otherwise why cast the role at all?

And GoT almost never calls roles 'small,' since it did in this case, I think he's only in one scene, a la Mark Gatiss, or maybe two scenes. I think he's going to be Lord Umber and he'll have one scene with either Jon or Sansa, reaffirming his support of the Starks.

I have my money on Aerys. 

No way he's Howland Reed. No way at all. Tarly makes sense. MAYBE Euron, but I don't think so.

They are also casting someone who people think will be Arthur Dayne. Which means a flashback. I don't think McShane will be Dayne, but maybe someone of significance in the flashback. Hence the 'smaller role'. My guess is the Mad King or Tarly.

No! No! Nooooooooooooo! 

It was bad enough that I had to adjust to Mayor Carcetti as Littlefinger. If McShane is not playing a grizzled tavern owner who outwits all the nobles while maintaining a veneer of stand-offishness while actually working to keep all the common folk safe, I will be hella-pissed. And he better have an ally who speaks very little Westerosi named "Ser Wu." Cock-suckah!

Archived