NFL Training Camp 2015: Finally Learned the Playbook

Jace, Extat

Okay, well, you are just wrong.  I'm not trying tio be mean, but when Deflate gate broke.... it literally lead the National news.  It was the lead story on CNN.... International.  

NAH... but NOBODY cares about the Pats!   Hate to break it to me indeed!  

Saying 'nu uh' doesn't really prove anything.  The NFL was on national news last year for all sorts of cluster fucks, pointing to one of them and declaring the Pats have some sort of national media magnetism is.... odd.

Saying 'nu uh' doesn't really prove anything.  The NFL was on national news last year for all sorts of cluster fucks, pointing to one of them and declaring the Pats have some sort of national media magnetism is.... odd.

To be fair I think he's right in this instance. If deflategate had centered around a lesser team, and a lesser QB, the interest wouldn't have been nearly as high.

To be fair I think he's right in this instance. If deflategate had centered around a lesser team, and a lesser QB, the interest wouldn't have been nearly as high.

True, but to be equally fair, the shady tricks past is also part of why this was the story it was, too.

Also to be fair any team being accused of cheating during the game they won to get into the Super Bowl would garner equal interest.

Boo!!! The TOTALLY LEGAL website I stream NFL games on is being difficult again. Guess it's time to call the cable guy. :(

ETA: More and more 'news' sources are saying that Geno kind of had his broken jaw coming. Apparently he was goading the Ikea guy and put his hands on the man. Now I'm not one to condone violence, and the Ikea piece is not excused for throwing the first punch, but my sympathy for Geno is rapidly evaporating. Sometimes you just have a punch coming your way, y'know?

Anyways, has anyone here ever seen someone with a fused jaw? It's pretty horrible, in most cases they can't have solid food for over a month which leads to terrible weight loss and a host of other issues. If Smith is medically cleared in 8 weeks, he won't be in playing shape for at least another 2.

Also to be fair any team being accused of cheating during the game they won to get into the Super Bowl would garner equal interest. 

Not equal; it would garner interest but nothing like this.

To give you some idea of how much Deflategate matters in terms of media concern and attention span of the fans.  

2015, NFL Champion New England Patriots accused of deflating footballs in the AFC Championship game: leads national news.

2015 NHL Champion Chicago Blackhawks have a guy on their team who has been accused of raping a woman  a few days ago... it was on the news... sort of ... 

Not equal; it would garner interest but nothing like this.

To give you some idea of how much Deflategate matters in terms of media concern and attention span of the fans.  

2015, NFL Champion New England Patriots accused of deflating footballs in the AFC Championship game: leads national news.

2015 NHL Champion Chicago Blackhawks have a guy on their team who has been accused of raping a woman  a few days ago... it was on the news... sort of ... 

An NHL player is about as relevant as a factory worker to 99% of the Ameriacn population, whereas NFL is the undisputed top of the media heap, and not just sports media.

I'm watching the first Cowboys preseason games, and I know it is second team vs second team, but La'el Collins is looking like a man around boys out there tonight. Undrafted with first round play, this could be the steal of the decade.

I'm watching the first Cowboys preseason games, and I know it is second team vs second team, but La'el Collins is looking like a man around boys out there tonight. Undrafted with first round play, this could be the steal of the decade.

I was begging for Ryan Grigson to give the kid anything he wanted to sign. :(

I was begging for Ryan Grigson to give the kid anything he wanted to sign. :(

He couldn't... The undrafted rookie contracts are set. There is no negotiating them. He picked the Cowboys to contribute what could very well be the best Oline in football. There is more of a chance to get endorsement money that way, 

Okay so now the Jets being very Jets.  

A few days ago, a piece of IKEA furniture named  IK Enemkpali (its a sofa) punched Geno Smith in the face because Geno backed out of IK's football camp, costing the 1860s poet $600 and change to cover Geno's costs etc.  Geno will make appx $1.3 mil this season so I can see how he was strapped for cash.  

Regardless, Cuban strongman and deposed dictator IK Enemkpali fractured Geno's jaw which was, easily. the biggest hit a Jet put on a player in the last 18 months.  

Now, my favorite moment of the entire fiasco was when the Jets- strangely unprepared that their volatile franchise would, you know, get volatile - had to react by pretending they were a functional organization and not a run-away P.T. Barnum experiment and march out their "veteran players."  Rich Mangold got up there and had to tell everyone he was not involved in that Texas biker shooting a few weeks ago; Bowles had to act like this was so unexpected - that nobody on Earth wanted to punch Geno Smith in his stupid face; and finally Darrelle Revis and his $39,000,000 contract had to get up there and ... 

... and act like this was a totally understandable episode that you find on any professional team.  Like that time in 2000-and-never when any Patriot ever struck Tom Brady.  In the face.  I know Revis went with the money and that was his plan all along.  But at that moment when he had to stand- as an adult- in front of a room filled with journalists and the guy from Fox Sports and give his thoughts on the day a South-American-Pasta-Dish struck Geno Smith in the face and broke his jaw - I wonder if JUST FOR A SECOND Revis may have thought, "I may have underestimated the complete stupidity that is the New York Jets when I signed here over New England...."  

And then Rex Ryan claimed International Insurance Group, IK Enemkpali, off waivers.  BECAUSE OF COURSE HE DID!!!!

I fucking love the AFC East.  What a bunch of fucking morons.

Now I see what you meant when you said you were working on a Geno S. post.
That was hilarious and well worth the wait!

Now I see what you meant when you said you were working on a Geno S. post.
That was hilarious and well worth the wait!

Seconded. It also helped me to nail down my choice of lunch this afternoon.

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/Lumpy67/media/South%20American%20Pasta%20Dish_zpsyg4dcsjk.jpg.html

I'm going to enjoy a spicy bowl of Ikenemkpali from Pica-Pica.

Seconded. It also helped me to nail down my choice of lunch this afternoon.

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/Lumpy67/media/South%20American%20Pasta%20Dish_zpsyg4dcsjk.jpg.html

I'm going to enjoy a spicy bowl of Ikenemkpali from Pica-Pica.

Remember, at the end of this meal, you will be presented a Bill.

Archived