NFL Training Camp 2015: Finally Learned the Playbook

Jace, Extat

As the self-appointed back up meme-ist, I've done my best in your stead.

ETA: Lol, with all of the madness surrounding the 49'ers I completely forgot that they hired Eric Mangini as the D-coordinator. :lmao:  Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Yesssss, I was getting the shakes without Lindley memes in my life.

Careful Manhole or you'll get Wally Pipped.

Goodell called Brady a "great young man." That's not at all patronizing to address a 38 year old man the same way as a grandmother would describe her 16 year old grandson :box:

I didn't realize he was 38.  He thinks he's going to play until he's 45?  L. O. L.  

So PFR has a stats called AV - Approximate Value that is like WAR in baseball that attempts to measure the accumulated value of a player over his career such that you can compare players across positions. Unlike WAR this stat doesn't go below zero. 

Except in one case. Only one player of the approximately 2,300 drafted in the last 10 years (or possibly ever, seriously, i can't find anyone else) has negative AV.

Ryan Lindley.

Apparently Arizona would have been better served drafting an actual bag boy.

So good news Patriots fans! Yeah Brady is likely suspended for the first 4 games but help is on the way. This kind of help. (Paging Manhole)

That's right, Ryan Lindley, he of the 2 TDs/11 INTs and 48% career completion percentage continues to find meaningful work. 

It's clear Bill Belichick is straight up trolling the league at this point. He's running out of challenges - his genius in all facets is unquestioned - so all that's left is taking the worst QB anyone has ever seen and mold him into something not terrible. If Brady and Garoppolo go down, watch him win 10 games with Ryan fucking Lindley.

Hey, I'm all for someone else feeling the pain for awhile. And make no mistake, it will be painful.

So PFR has a stats called AV - Approximate Value that is like WAR in baseball that attempts to measure the accumulated value of a player over his career such that you can compare players across positions. Unlike WAR this stat doesn't go below zero. 

Except in one case. Only one player of the approximately 2,300 drafted in the last 10 years (or possibly ever, seriously, i can't find anyone else) has negative AV.

Ryan Lindley.

He's still better than any of us, though.

So Shaun Suisham or however the fuck you spell his name got a pair of big balls for a couple seconds last night and tried to make a tackle. He tore his ACL instead. Great. I don't put too much stock in kickers but he's not too shabby. Heinz Field is a nightmare for kickers, and he was pretty good at it. 

Jeff Reed woke up this morning with a hangover and a desire to apply for the Steelers open kicker position. I'm sure he was laughed off the phone before he got an answer. Apparently he got hammered at the game and got a pair of big balls himself.

The fuck is up with this kicker entitlement? 

http://deadspin.com/former-steelers-kicker-jeff-reed-ejected-from-hall-of-f-1723093949

Ryan Lindley.

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/Lumpy67/media/Lindley%20Redemption_zpsbngng9cf.jpg.html

So apparently fighting QB's is becoming a trend. Cam Newton fought with a teammate yesterday and today... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/11/geno-smith-sucker-punched-in-jets-locker-room-out-6-10-weeks/

Jets quarterback Geno Smith has been injured in a fight in the team’s locker room and will likely miss the start of the regular season.

In a stunning announcement today, Jets coach Todd Bowles said that Smith suffered a broken jaw when he was “sucker punched” by Jets linebacker IK Enemkpali. The Jets have cut Enemkpali as a result

Smith is expected to miss 6-10 weeks. The Jets’ opener is less than five weeks away, so Smith will almost certainly miss some time to start the regular season

WOW. :eek:

ETA: fixed quote

Apparently Geno Smith suffered a fractured jaw from being suckerpunched by a teammate in the locker room and will be out 6-10 weeks. J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets!

Give that teammate a medal.

Mike Vick to the rescue?  I just can't overstate how much I enjoy the dysfunction that is the jets.

Vick is a free agent.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is the Jets backup and presumably will be starting week 1.  The Jets also spent a 4th round pick of Bryce Petty.  The Jets might look around for a veteran qb to fill in, but I'm not sure there are any out there better than Fitzpatrick. 

Vick is a free agent.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is the Jets backup and presumably will be starting week 1.  The Jets also spent a 4th round pick of Bryce Petty.  The Jets might look around for a veteran qb to fill in, but I'm not sure there are any out there better than Fitzpatrick. 

Bill Belichick's foresight in snapping up Ryan Lindley before Geno Smith got his jaw broken is truly awe-inspiring.

So apparently fighting QB's is becoming a trend. Cam Newton fought with a teammate yesterday and today... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/11/geno-smith-sucker-punched-in-jets-locker-room-out-6-10-weeks/

WOW. :eek:

ETA: fixed quote

Peyton Manning played with his jaw wired shut. Suck it up, Geno!

Bill Belichick's foresight in snapping up Ryan Lindley before Geno Smith got his jaw broken is truly awe-inspiring.

How surprised will no one be when the Pats sign the guy who threw the punch?

ETA: Rapoport is saying that Smith isn't blameless here. Apparently he stuck his finger in the dude's face and made some kind of physical contact with him.

Archived