NFL Training Camp 2015: Finally Learned the Playbook

Jace, Extat

So the 2012 49ers now have more in common with the 1984 49ers than the 2015 edition, right? 

I mean each one has completely different rosters and coaches but at least the first two made Superbowls.

Jim Tomsula is the man that can rally the men and lead them past these dark times...

Yeah, if I was a Niners fan I'd be hoping the team just shuts down for a season and starts to rebuild next year.  This is a colossal disaster.

Jim Tomsula is the man that can rally the men and lead them past these dark times...

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/Lumpy67/media/Tomsula%20Da%20Mic%20Rula_zps0cni3ong.png.html

The name is Tomsula

Da Mic rula

Want a ring?

I'll bring it to ya

J Toms gets the money, see

J Toms gets the honeys, G

From living in my car, to living like a star

Ice on my fingers and my toes and I'm a Taurus

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/Lumpy67/media/Tomsula%20Da%20Mic%20Rula_zps0cni3ong.png.html

The name is Tomsula

Da Mic rula

Want a ring?

I'll bring it to ya

J Toms gets the money,see

J Toms gets the honeys, G

From living in my car, to living like a star

Ice on my fingers and my toes and I'm a Taurus

Incredible.

So... There is a pass rushing 49er with a drug and alcohol problem that also shows signs of mental illness? What do you do with a guy like that?

Put him in the Hall of Fame tomorrow...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000507735/article/charles-haley-im-not-done-yet-helping-aldon-smith

Joe Thomas for Cleveland has been to eight straight Pro Bowls to start his career making him the 2nd 0-lineman to do so in league history.

In that time he's had five coaches, five GM's, seven o-coordinators, and 14 QB's.

I've been watching the NFL pretty much since the start of the 90's, and I swear I don't remember a truly good Cleveland team.  The 10-6 Derek Anderson team was probably their least bad.

So... There is a pass rushing 49er with a drug and alcohol problem that also shows signs of mental illness? What do you do with a guy like that?

Put him in the Hall of Fame tomorrow...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000507735/article/charles-haley-im-not-done-yet-helping-aldon-smith

Yeah, such a huge difference in terms of outcomes. As Rhom said upthread, what a tremendous waste of talent. I hope Haley (or anybody really) can get through to this kid.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Yeah, each time another 49ers story breaks I think to myself, okay, at least this can't possibly get any worse. And then it gets worse. I can't remember a worse offseason, and I've been a 49ers fan since 72. This has been on the level of the team plane crashing at this point. Bye, bye Miss American Pie.

So, what's everyone's favorites for the season.  

I think for me, I'd go:

NFC

1. Packers (Rodgers and Nelson and Lacy, oh my)

2. Seahawks (still a vicious defense, and one of the best grind-it-out offenses in the game)

3. Cowboys (admittedly, I'm a Cowboys fan.  Romo, Dez, and Legion of Room.)

AFC

1. Patriots (it's them against the world in their minds.  I don't want to see Brady and Belichik when they have that motivation.)

2. Steelers (Rapist and Pothead and Brown, oh my)

3a. Ravens (guessing Forsett is in for a regression to the mean, so just Flacco is reason I'd put them behind Steelers)

3b. Colts (Captain Neckbeard)

Top draft pick

1. Jacksonville (Manziel graded out as a better QB than Bortles last year...)

2. Washington (RGIII.  Enough said)

3. Tampa (don't think they did enough to help their offense or defense.  Jameis is VERY turnover prone, and Evans can only bail him out so much)

MVP

- Who will win: Tom Brady (see the us against the world)

- Who should win:  Let's stop pretending we don't know who should win.

Meh, Foles is a Chip Kelly creation.  He's going to be playing behind a terrible offensive line throwing to the leagues worst receivers, it's not going to be pretty.

Meh, Foles is a Chip Kelly creation.  He's going to be playing behind a terrible offensive line throwing to the leagues worst receivers, it's not going to be pretty.

Every time you start to feel down about your Rams, sperry, just look West. Look upon the ruins of a now one year old Pants Stadium. With chunks of its' turf popping up with every sharp cut. All whilst its' GM declares "we are going to run the ball". Gaze upon the laundry list of retirements and free agent defections and DUI convictions. Stare hard at the visage of Tomsula as he sweats and stammers at the microphone. Just keep telling yourself "hey, at least I'm not a Niners fan". 

Nick Foles is so outside the scope of what Chip Kelly looks for in a QB it is silly. That is why the trade was made to begin with. I don't expect another year like his rookie season, but I think he will be firmly out of his sophomore slump,

Archived