Prince Lewyn's paramour identity

Lord Wraith

What is the evidence for this?

I saw it in the book and in Wiki. 

they loved each other when they were young and Bonifer named her the queen of love and beauty. 

But they were not allowed to marry due to his status. 

After she was married, Bonifer turned into something like a monk. 

I still think the theory that the guy in charge of the holy hundred at Harrenhall is a stronger theory for Olennas former lover.

Edit: An easter egg about Olenna being in KL would make your case stronger.

Being engaged to a Targ for almost a decade and the quote about the Red Keep isn't enough.

@westerosibatgirl Also yes Lysa isn't describe as pretty now about she was ok and her youth. A loveless marriage and a bunch of miscarriages will do that to you.

One thing to consider, we don't know when lewyn joined the KG. Most likely it was when Elia married Rhaegar. Like when Margaery married Joffrey, part of the deal was to have Loras join the KG, so they could strengthen the bond between the two houses. And when Catelyn agreed to foster 2 of Walder's grandsons, as well as marrying Arya to his son. It was a side present.
Like Lewyn joining the KG was.
And if that's the case, Elia was only married to Rhaegar for three (maybe four) years. And I don't remember any mention of Olenna being in KL during that time.
My guess is it was just some dornish women.

One thing to consider, we don't know when lewyn joined the KG. Most likely it was when Elia married Rhaegar. Like when Margaery married Joffrey, part of the deal was to have Loras join the KG, so they could strengthen the bond between the two houses. And when Catelyn agreed to foster 2 of Walder's grandsons, as well as marrying Arya to his son. It was a side present.
Like Lewyn joining the KG was.
And if that's the case, Elia was only married to Rhaegar for three (maybe four) years. And I don't remember any mention of Olenna being in KL during that time.
My guess is it was just some dornish women.

I know we don't know when but if it was when Elia married Rhaegar he would have been his late 30's or early 40's. Pretty late for starting in the KG. That's why I made the case for him joining earlier.

I know we don't know when but if it was when Elia married Rhaegar he would have been his late 30's or early 40's. Pretty late for starting in the KG. That's why I made the case for him joining earlier.

Then, why not. There does seems to be a few more mentions than are needed about his paramour.
But there'd need to be a bit of hand waving to make it work.

I love the idea that Olenna was Lewyn's lady love.

Holes:

Talking about how Luthor Tyrell was no slouch in the bedroom does not necessarily indicate that she's had a lover.  It does indicate that she had no complaints about that aspect of her marriage, and has no problem talking about such things, even with an unwed girl present. But let's say that does indicate Olenna's had a lover at some point...that doesn't mean it was before her marriage.  Certainly could be, but it is just as likely--in Westeros maybe even more so--that she's had a lover or three since becoming a widow.  Remember what the High Septon said about widows?  Sounds like they're expected to play around a little.

Red hair.  The only women in the series who are said to have "red" hair are Mel and Ygritte, and the latter is not remotely described as beautiful.  The Tully hair is chestnut which is much darker than the standard "red" hair, about halfway between a true red and deep brown.  So really we don't have a lot of beautiful women with red hair in the series.  Beauty is beauty, in Westeros as elsewhere, and hair color isn't part of it unless you have Valyrian/Targ looks.

These points do not remotely sink the theory.  They just aren't really great arguments in favor of it.

Are there any quotes anywhere about Olenna's having been a beauty in her day?  Can't recall.

The only other issue I have is that I would find it odd of Arianne knows who the paramour is and leaves that out.  Knows of, but not the name, and that she used to be a fox, makes sense.  But if it's old Lady Tyrell, that seems a bit too choice a piece of gossip to keep to herself. *shrug* 

Out of characters we know, Olenna is one of an entire two/three who are decent contenders for the position.

I don't think that's necessarily late for joining.  Maybe it wasn't until then that there was an opening at the right time?  

Jealously maybe isn't the right word but a bitterness perhaps.  Its obvious that things didn't work out between her and Lewyn.  Likely due to him being a member of the KG.  The curse at Ellaria I feel could be caused by the bitterness.

OK, that makes more sense.

Yes the whole rare beauty is the hardest part to really work in but its known that most Tyrell's are pretty, I was trying to find some other connection and yes its a stretch but there is so little we know of this period.

Honestly, this is a problem I have with most theories people post on this forum. Rather than rest on the solid evidence they've gathered, people feel the need to go gather as much evidence as possible, burying the solid clues under very flimsy stretches. And rather than just leave gaps that show "we don't know this part" but explain why that doesn't ruin the theory, people feel like they need to come up with weak explanations, that make the whole theory a lot harder to believe. Seeing someone conclude "... but there is so little we know of this period" instead of hunkering down and trying to prove that red hair = beauty 100% of the time is definitely refreshing compared to a lot of other posters with their pet theories. :)

Anyway, I think you've definitely proven that Olenna is a possibility. And, as Blizzardborn says, there are really only a couple of other possibilities, if you assume it's someone we know. But I'm not sure it has to be someone we know, so I don't know how high the likelihood is.

Hat's off to you good Ser.Great post. 

If Prince Lewyn cuckolded Luthor Tyrell with Olenna, this could have major implications.

Let's look at the descriptions and eye colors of Olennas kids and Tyrell features. This may be why Willas Tyrell isn't introduced yet. Both Willas and Doran are in wheelchairs. The only two in the series.

#TheFlowersThatWasPromised

Archived