TTTNE 457: Late Summer at Casterly Rock--Travels and Hugos and School OH MY!

DreamSongs

If I had a pair of lace shorts, the dress would be ok.  It didn't shrink up size-wise, just length-wise.  An inopportune sashay might show off a little more than I like :D

It will be June next year instead of August.  Think about coming down!  Did you see any workshops you were interested in that I could grab you notes on?

Hi all!
Hi King in B, hope you are not too bored! :)

If I had a pair of lace shorts, the dress would be ok.  It didn't shrink up size-wise, just length-wise.  An inopportune sashay might show off a little more than I like :D

About the skirt, it might help to use a safety pin or two to attach your skirt to your panties, (in the inside so they wont be visible), so the dress wont climb up or 'go with the wind'.

I finished Fool's Assassin.

Wow. That was a very good book.
:read:

Yes, yes it was.

I have a year to wait now for the last book.

*throws tables across the room*

Have a great time Q, and say hello to everyone :)

Happy spamming from WorldCon, having fun with Lily and Maid. Got to meet the lovelies Fragile Bird and Elder Sister.

The smoke filled skies are reminding me of Mordor, though.

Pics? :P Obviously, have lots and lots of fun there, and say hello to Lily, Maid, FB and Elder Sis from all of the spammers!

Yes, yes it was.

I have a year to wait now for the last book.

*throws tables across the room*

Have a great time Q, and say hello to everyone :)

Well, why did you read it so quickly? :P

I need the new book too! I will wait for it to be sold here. Do you have any idea if the paperback is out yet? I just cleared enough space on my too-full bookshelves for a new book or two, but I am afraid it will not last, with the new Hobb book ... :read:

I want to discuss it a bit too. PM? :P

Hi all!
Hi King in B, hope you are not too bored! :)

About the skirt, it might help to use a safety pin or two to attach your skirt to your panties, (in the inside so they wont be visible), so the dress wont climb up or 'go with the wind'.

That's a good idea, bit I caved a bought a new one once I got New Orleans. I hope I look OK in it!

Happy spamming from WorldCon, having fun with Lily and Maid. Got to meet the lovelies Fragile Bird and Elder Sister.

The smoke filled skies are reminding me of Mordor, though.

It looks and sounds like everyone is having a great time! Its storming here and I'm going to have to find a cab :(

Pics? :P Obviously, have lots and lots of fun there, and say hello to Lily, Maid, FB and Elder Sis from all of the spammers!

Well, why did you read it so quickly? :P

I need the new book too! I will wait for it to be sold here. Do you have any idea if the paperback is out yet? I just cleared enough space on my too-full bookshelves for a new book or two, but I am afraid it will not last, with the new Hobb book ... :read:

I want to discuss it a bit too. PM? :P

PM sent.

I think it is only available in hardback right now though. I haven't got the hard copy yet though, I only have an e-book version.

Hope you get there safe Bex :grouphug:

Now I'm curious too, and I haven't even started Tawny Man yet (already bought Fool's Errand though).Probably a good thing because the FatF trilogy might be complete by the time I get to it.

Did you finish Ship of Destiny yet?
And she is very good with deadlines actually. One book per year, so it should be finished next August.

Did you finish Ship of Destiny yet?
And she is very good with deadlines actually. One book per year, so it should be finished next August.

Nope, still reading. Page 142. And...
[spoiler] Vivacia just died?! Surely that's not permanent? (I don't think it is, would be a weird move to end her story here, but it's still upstting to read about and I'm not 100% sure)
Also, I'm starting to like Serilla less and less. I understand the reason for this growth (shed some tears for her too, during Mad Ship), but her actions and reasons aren't as noble as they were. She claims to love Bingtown but all she cares about is ruling it, not saving it, because she doesn't trust anyone else with it. Very good character development. Thank Sa Ronica is still in Bingtown at least. [/spoiler]

I'm glad, I wouldn't mind if she never stopped writing books in this world.

Nope, still reading. Page 142. And...[spoiler] Vivacia just died?! Surely that's not permanent? (I don't think it is, would be a weird move to end her story here, but it's still upstting to read about and I'm not 100% sure)Also, I'm starting to like Serilla less and less. I understand the reason for this growth (shed some tears for her too, during Mad Ship), but her actions and reasons aren't as noble as they were. She claims to love Bingtown but all she cares about is ruling it, not saving it, because she doesn't trust anyone else with it. Very good character development. Thank Sa Ronica is still in Bingtown at least. [/spoiler]I'm glad, I wouldn't mind if she never stopped writing books in this world.

Ronnica is great. Also, page number mean nothing to me, I have the trilogy downloaded in ebook format as a box set so I just sort of tear through them in one sitting and one book blurs into the next ;) [spoiler] Serilla is interesting. I didn't hate her at the end and thought her arc was pretty great. So keep reading. And Malta. I love Malta. The Satrap though :stillsick: [/spoiler]
I think the FatF trilogy is the last she plans for this world :( Oh, and when you read Tawny Man, I recommend reading the novella The Wilfull Princess and The Piebald Prince at some point. Probably after Golden Fool or Fool's Errand

BlueBear, she hasn't caught up on the latest book and is avoiding spoilers

Ronnica is great. Also, page number mean nothing to me, I have the trilogy downloaded in ebook format as a box set so I just sort of tear through them in one sitting and one book blurs into the next ;) [spoiler] Serilla is interesting. I didn't hate her at the end and thought her arc was pretty great. So keep reading. And Malta. I love Malta. The Satrap though :stillsick: [/spoiler]
I think the FatF trilogy is the last she plans for this world :( Oh, and when you read Tawny Man, I recommend reading the novella The Wilfull Princess and The Piebald Prince at some point. Probably after Golden Fool or Fool's Errand

BlueBear, she hasn't caught up on the latest book and is avoiding spoilers

Ah :D 1/6th, roughly. I hope to finish it before school starts again.
[spoiler] I don't hate her either, but she's not as likable as she was. Kind of sad, really, because didn't have a choice in the matter, but became who she had to be to deal with her rape as best as she could.
I hated Malta with the fire of a thousand burning suns (well, not really, that was Kyle, but I really disliked her), until she started growing up in Mad Ship. I really like her now. Etta is another character who's grown on me.
Don't get me started on the Satrap though :stillsick: He makes Kyle look good. (Speaking of Kyle, I've hardly seen him since book 1, he's still on Kennit's Island). I hope he hasn't vanished from the story completely.[/spoiler]

Really? Shame :( Understandable though, there's like twenty books already.
Would you recommend Rain Wilds btw? It comes after Tawny Man, right? It's the only part of the story that I'm not convinced I want to read.

Thanks, I'll have a look at it.

Nope, still reading. Page 142. And...
[spoiler] Vivacia just died?! Surely that's not permanent? (I don't think it is, would be a weird move to end her story here, but it's still upstting to read about and I'm not 100% sure)
Also, I'm starting to like Serilla less and less. I understand the reason for this growth (shed some tears for her too, during Mad Ship), but her actions and reasons aren't as noble as they were. She claims to love Bingtown but all she cares about is ruling it, not saving it, because she doesn't trust anyone else with it. Very good character development. Thank Sa Ronica is still in Bingtown at least. [/spoiler]

I'm glad, I wouldn't mind if she never stopped writing books in this world.

[spoiler]I had very mixed feelings about Serilla too. She got through some really really horrible stuff, and you know she is barely holding on to her sanity and controlling things around her gives her the feeling of security. But her political decisions are not all that smart, though I do not remember every detail about it now.

Ronica is the one character in that series who keeps a clear head and is on top of things. She is amazing.

I do not know why, but I see the Liveship Traders as a very "female" series as far as the main characters are concerned - Althea, Malta, Ronica, Keffria are all so amazing and different and engaging. And the Six Duchies with Fitzy, Chade, and the trueborn Farseers (Shrewd and his sons) are more "male". I cannot explain it.[/spoiler]

There is a Hobb thread Buck.

I know, but about the newest book. I have only finished reading the one before that, do not want to read too much. ;)
Although I have been spoiled on some things for the other books before (FOMN, DO NOT open that!):

[spoiler]Amber = the Fool (I have no clue if I would have worked that out myself honestly, Nighteyes' death, Folly at the end of Tawny Man, Molly's death.[/spoiler]

So staying on the safe side this time round!

Bolded: :( Nooo. I want more Bingtown and talking ships!

ETA: to FOMN

[spoiler]Malta has such a great development, everybody starts by hating her and then she does a complete 180° turn, it is unbelievable!

Satrap could have gotten eaten by the sea serpents in the prologue and nobody would have missed him. :rolleyes:[/spoiler]

Rain Wilds are something I would recommend reading, but not buying. You will probably only want to read them once, is what I mean by that. It is a quick, very easy read. Somehow "softer" than the rest of the books. I liked the beginning a lot, but then had many problems with it.

Archived