TTTNE 457: Late Summer at Casterly Rock--Travels and Hugos and School OH MY!

DreamSongs

I enjoyed it. Really interesting characters. Plot is a bit of a slow burn for some but the pay-off is definitely worth it imo. You should give it a try. First episode is a bit, uh...heavy handed with some of their messages re: racial tension in the States and stuff but bear with it, it doesn't persist through the entire season.
Sun is great (and is played by the same actress as Somni from Cloud Atlas) but Riley is probably my favourite.

Okay, thanks. It didn't come across particularly well in the trailer that I saw but this gives me hope, I might watch it.

I should rewatch Cloud Atlas sometime.

I never watched the trailer, the concept just sounded pretty interesting. Very brief rundown of the characters for you:
[spoiler]
Riley; a depressed Icelandic drug addict living in London who witnesses a murder
Wolfgang; a cold-hearted German safe-breaker with an exceptionally violent streak and bad family dynamics
Will; an American Police officer, probably the least interesting of the characters
Nomi; A transgender woman with great hacking abilities, with a mother who refuses to see her as a woman, a a loving, devoted girlfriend
Sun; a Korean businesswoman whose family treats her like shit. Awesome fighting skills though.
Kala; an Indian woman entering a marriage (not an arranged marriage) that she doesn't want to. She's pretty religious, but her husband-to-be and his father are, well...not. And that's to put it mildly.
Lito; a big-time Mexican actor who is trying to hide his sexuality
Capheus/Van Damme; a Nigerian bus driver obsessed with Jean Claude Van Damme. Has a mother with AIDS who he wants desperately to look after.
[/spoiler]

Okay, thanks. It didn't come across particularly well in the trailer that I saw but this gives me hope, I might watch it.I should rewatch Cloud Atlas sometime.

I never watched the trailer, the concept just sounded pretty interesting. Very brief rundown of the characters for you:
[spoiler]
Riley; a depressed Icelandic drug addict living in London who witnesses a murder
Wolfgang; a cold-hearted German safe-breaker with an exceptionally violent streak and bad family dynamics
Will; an American Police officer, probably the least interesting of the characters
Nomi; A transgender woman with great hacking abilities, with a mother who refuses to see her as a woman, a a loving, devoted girlfriend
Sun; a Korean businesswoman whose family treats her like shit. Awesome fighting skills though.
Kala; an Indian woman entering a marriage (not an arranged marriage) that she doesn't want to. She's pretty religious, but her husband-to-be and his father are, well...not. And that's to put it mildly.
Capheus/Van Damme; a Nigerian bus driver obsessed with Jean Claude Van Damme. Has a mother with AIDS who he wants desperately to look after.
[/spoiler]

Oh, and it's also been renewed for a second season, which is always a good thing.

I love the Cloud Atlas film

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Oh, and it's also been renewed for a second season, which is always a good thing.

I love the Cloud Atlas film

They sound interesting and not stereotypical, so that's a plus :)

I've added it to my Netflix list, where it is now buried under 40 other titles.

Greetings my lovelies!  :kiss:

Getting up at 5 to workout leaves one exhausted in the evenings.  But I am happy to be doing it :)

Also in ancestry heaven since I got my DNA results back (or it might be hell, depending :P )  it is a bit overwhelming so I have had to make myself a priority list.  Dad's family first, then mom's...her Read line first (since it is almost done) but it might be a hard one to finish.  I am still waiting for the "DNA Circles" as those might help some with that

[url=https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CB4Q3ywwAGoVChMIsrqm6eC3xwIVBwqOCh1GFg5I&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrSnCu43QzeY&ei=udTVVfL5FoeUuATGrLjABA&usg=AFQjCNH9F3o4YguKCfuyUvIwMKK2bEaebw] Because I've nothing better  to do[/url]

Bouncing into the spam.... Hello spamily!

I am one of those AWOL spammers, I admit it. True love has distracted me and I have never been happier - IN MY LIFE. ❤️

Congrats on the win, Bex. Sorry to see TTTNE on page two, though.

I'm sitting in the airport with a big box of voodoo doughnuts to take to Spokane and literally sweeten the pot.
My birthday was yesterday, and I missed coming in here. I had a lovely dinner with my kids and my love, in spite of a rough day at work. I even received a lovely text from our very own king Tyrion!

I hope you are all doing well and spam it up, for crying out loud!

"Spamming the globe to bring you the constant variety of spam... the thrill of spam-ortry... and the agony of de-spam... the human drama of spamming competition... This is Bormon's Wide World of Spam!

(Ok, so I am a little strange)   

Please continue on your spamming day :)

Bouncing into the spam.... Hello spamily!

I am one of those AWOL spammers, I admit it. True love has distracted me and I have never been happier - IN MY LIFE. ❤️

Congrats on the win, Bex. Sorry to see TTTNE on page two, though.

I'm sitting in the airport with a big box of voodoo doughnuts to take to Spokane and literally sweeten the pot.
My birthday was yesterday, and I missed coming in here. I had a lovely dinner with my kids and my love, in spite of a rough day at work. I even received a lovely text from our very own king Tyrion!

I hope you are all doing well and spam it up, for crying out loud!

True love! :love:

I'm glad you are happy Q, enjoy Spokane!

sniffing through...leaving spam in my wake 

the weather sucks...too little rain, too much heat...i want to find a climate change denier and beat the shit out of him  :box:

i am tired of not drinking,,,i know it is the right thing to do but man it sucks to watch football sipping ice water or coke vs beer or vodka  :thumbsdown:

...and i am missing one hell of a party with Q, Lily, Fragile Bird, Maid, and all the other lovely young ladies of westeros....think of the  :leer:  :leer: i am missing out on  :bawl:

i guess i shall just go into the garden and eat worms...

:smoking:

That's awesome Lany!  I've been thinking about doing one of the ancestry tests as well. Its been suspected that one of the grannies or great-grannies might have had a little extra-curricular activity going on ;)

Q, Happy Birthday and CONGRATS on TRUE LOVE!  :cheers:

Hang in there Rocksniffer...the world isn't the same without your :leer: !

My new dress shrunk :angry: and there's nowhere to go shopping before I leave for NOLA in the morning :crying:

Looks like everyone is having a great time at Sasquan!

sniffing through...leaving spam in my wake 

the weather sucks...too little rain, too much heat...i want to find a climate change denier and beat the shit out of him  :box:

i am tired of not drinking,,,i know it is the right thing to do but man it sucks to watch football sipping ice water or coke vs beer or vodka  :thumbsdown:

...and i am missing one hell of a party with Q, Lily, Fragile Bird, Maid, and all the other lovely young ladies of westeros....think of the  :leer:  :leer: i am missing out on  :bawl:

i guess i shall just go into the garden and eat worms...

:smoking:

Come up to DC in November.  I will :leer: with you :leer:

That's awesome Lany!  I've been thinking about doing one of the ancestry tests as well. Its been suspected that one of the grannies or great-grannies might have had a little extra-curricular activity going on ;)

Q, Happy Birthday and CONGRATS on TRUE LOVE!   :cheers:

Hang in there Rocksniffer...the world isn't the same without your :leer: !

My new dress shrunk :angry: and there's nowhere to go shopping before I leave for NOLA in the morning :crying:

Looks like everyone is having a great time at Sasquan!

Really sucks about your dress, but I bet you still have an amazing weekend!   I was reading about it and it looks like a blast!

Archived