Who rules in the capital?

nyser1

I find it more than hilarious that the Tyrells will allow her to take power again. I will need to see how GRRM explains it before I make further comments on it.

Whoever gets their hands on Tommen first gains the power. That was the thing Renly suggested to Ned. That was how Bloodraven was so powerful. Aerys could not see anyone without the leave of Bloodraven.

Cersei spends all her time with Tommen, and Tommen stamps his seal on anything put in front of him.  Cersei will get a royal decree putting her back in power almost instantly, and the small council will go along with it in the beginning because they will not want it to appear that they are hostile towards each other, they have to at least appear to work together.  They will also think that she will have no real power and giving her the title wont matter.  However Cersei will use her time wisely, Kevin brought men to KL that will now be hers, the Mountains men just returned to the city and they will now be hers as well.  When she wins her trial by combat, and has Tommen in her own control and is surrounded by her own guards her power will start to come back.

At the same time as this happens Margery may loose her trial and or the Tyrells will send a significant portion of their force to Storms End to face Aegon, weakening them.  If Euron achieves any victory in the Reach that will be a disaster for the Tyrells because they have too many fronts they have to fight on and if Mace has to return to High garden they will essentially loose all power in KL.

Whoever gets their hands on Tommen first gains the power. That was the thing Renly suggested to Ned. That was how Bloodraven was so powerful. Aerys could not see anyone without the leave of Bloodraven.

See below for full comment.

Cersei spends all her time with Tommen, and Tommen stamps his seal on anything put in front of him.  Cersei will get a royal decree putting her back in power almost instantly, and the small council will go along with it in the beginning because they will not want it to appear that they are hostile towards each other, they have to at least appear to work together.  They will also think that she will have no real power and giving her the title wont matter.  However Cersei will use her time wisely, Kevin brought men to KL that will now be hers, the Mountains men just returned to the city and they will now be hers as well.  When she wins her trial by combat, and has Tommen in her own control and is surrounded by her own guards her power will start to come back.

At the same time as this happens Margery may loose her trial and or the Tyrells will send a significant portion of their force to Storms End to face Aegon, weakening them.  If Euron achieves any victory in the Reach that will be a disaster for the Tyrells because they have too many fronts they have to fight on and if Mace has to return to High garden they will essentially loose all power in KL.

And I mean that Tommen's education into becoming a puppet is exactly what would work against Cersei. All some Tyrell man would need to do is put a document saying that the Tyrell party holds all important positons and ban Cersei from seeing Tommen and he would stamp it right away. There is no difficulty involved in separating Tommen and Cersei with a shred of initiative on the Tyrell side and a vague resemblance of determination. And the idea that the Tyrells will give power to Cersei seems very un-Tyrell to me. They are graspers and I don't see them letting go of any power they can have volunteerly.

Mace and Randyll .

Let's hope so.

I find it more than hilarious that the Tyrells will allow her to take power again. I will need to see how GRRM explains it before I make further comments on it.

Indeed, the idea of the Tyrells giving power to a nutjob like Cersei after they've just gotten it all is absurd.

Anyone else thinking there won't be a trial for Cersei at all? I mean, why would she agree to that now that she has been released? She could easily fix a royal decree stating that the Faith doesn't have any "wordly" power such as being able to judge and punish. The small folk won't be happy perhaps, but hey, the crown and the Tyrells have the armies.

Its gotta be Cersei. The f(Aegon)/JonCon storyline dictates that the crown be extremely vulnerable so they can take the IT with relative ease. THe Tyrells are too politically competent, if they did come into full power they would consolidate Tommen's hold on the crown really quickly. 

Cersei on the other hand will complete her destruction of KL and her son's grip on the IT, at which point the Tyrells and The Faith flip over to Aegon. And just as he's about to take KL Cersei will try to burn it down with wildfire and somehow Jaime atleast tries to stop her. 

Archived